The Conte Thread

That's what couldn't understand. It wasn't like first half we were in control and just unlucky. We didn't have a sodding chance or a shot or really a string of passes that didn't go back to a City player. Yet no subs till to late. Didn't get it!! 

Just watched his post match press conference. He really doesn't give a shit anymore does he. 

"Pedro and Willian played a fantastic game" Really ? No player had a fantastic game. Especially Pedro who had an absolute shocker.

Lost count of the amount of counters he fucked up by mishitting simple passes. 

The way we set up just pisses me off soo much. No attempt to win, no believe whatsoever that we could win just hoping we keep the score down to an "acceptable" amount. 

Also, re: comments about potentially being 3 or 4 goals down at halftime - losing 0-1 today sure felt worse than any trashing we have ever experienced. Losing 0-3 against Bournemouth or 1-4 against Watford this season felt terrible but at least we were simply shit in those games. Today, however, we didn't even belong on the same pitch as City.

Starting XI was ok, he wanted to "pull a Barcelona" one more time and he was right to try it. But ofc he should have changed things at least in 60. minute. Again, reacting too late.

But hell, they are 100 times better than us, it would have hardly changed anything. We are shit, there is no tactical magic that could cover that.

3 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

Just watched his post match press conference. He really doesn't give a shit anymore does he. 

"Pedro and Willian played a fantastic game" Really ? No player had a fantastic game. Especially Pedro who had an absolute shocker.

Lost count of the amount of counters he fucked up by mishitting simple passes. 

The way we set up just pisses me off soo much. No attempt to win, no believe whatsoever that we could win just hoping we keep the score down to an "acceptable" amount. 

How you gonna blame Pedro? 

Conte is right. All of them had great games. They did exactly what the manager said. Sat behind the ball with no attempt to score.

Can't blame Pedro for misplacing passes when no one is running up the field to present options. 

Conte needs to go. He doesn't care, and I don't care for him being here anymore. 

The blame isn't fully on him since the club as usual didn't do squat in regards to getting him the players he wanted, but you make good with what you have, like he did in his first season, which was amazing. One of the funnest for me watching the club. 

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

How you gonna blame Pedro? 

Conte is right. All of them had great games. They did exactly what the manager said. Sat behind the ball with no attempt to score.

Can't blame Pedro for misplacing passes when no one is running up the field to present options. 

Pedro was the worst player out there imo. Off the top of my head i remember 3 moments where Pedro overhit easy passes and we lost the ball. 

The most blatant one was when Hazard was running next to him a couple yards away from him and he overhit the pass. A 4 yard pass and he overhit it. 

Then there were also 2 moments where he could have hit through balls to Hazard yet overhit them aswell.

Not trying to have a go at Pedro but those moments are branded in my mind because when you have the ball as little as we did you can't miss easy passes like that. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I swear you could pick any 11 from this forum and they would have put better effort than those lot today. Fucking farcical!

Anyone in this forum but me. I’m a bit of a Berbatov (but a lot more shit), too lazy to be playing for any team who won’t have the ball a lot of time.

But yeah the effort was poor although so was the set up, I’ve been quite vocal in my support for Conte but the decision to play without a recognised CF was ridiculous and I 100% imagine that Hazard is done here, come the summer he’s gone because his reaction when he got subbed off, failing to acknowledge the manager and shake his hand topped off with general demeanour in his performance today, walking about like he simply would rather be at the nearest job center says it all. Pedro had a stinker, the 2 or 3 half chances we could have maybe fashioned if he didn’t deliberately sabotage the pass for his old gaffer Pep was ridiculous. Yes that is a joke before anybody asks. So was the first part about being a Berbatov.

also today thought Christensen was utterly useless and all over the place, which is a shame because he’s made 3 mistakes in maybe 7 months but in 3 of the biggest matches of his life. Rudiger and Azpilicueta were great for me though and probably our best players. 

We literally can't afford to terminate Conte's contract as we will have to pay him 30£m to end all this. It serves the club right thou because any coach coming into Chelsea knows the kind of policy we run and so will demand such clauses in their contracts. It's rather unfortunate that the players have to suffer for crimes of the board.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Look what Poch and Klopp have done at their clubs. Changed the way they play. 

When are we finally going to get that? 

Don't get me wrong. The titles have been fantastic, but when are we going to be the club that goes away, and can actually dominate a game at another big teams ground. City embarrassed us today, but did so at the Bridge as well. We had 30% possession that day too. Sick of the defensive showings everywhere we go. 

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Look what Poch and Klopp have done at their clubs. Changed the way they play. 

When are we finally going to get that? 

Don't get me wrong. The titles have been fantastic, but when are we going to be the club that goes away, and can actually dominate a game at another big teams ground. City embarrassed us today, but did so at the Bridge as well. We had 30% possession that day too. Sick of the defensive showings everywhere we go. 

We need to go after a manager that plays possession based football.  We keep hiring pragmatic managers we then tell them to play a more expansive brand of football.

It works for a while but eventually we start going through poor form and when that happens our pragmatic managers go pragmatic. They go defensive and it just ends up snowballing into one big shitshow. 

We need to go after a manager that plays possession based football.  We keep hiring pragmatic managers we then tell them to play a more expansive brand of football.
It works for a while but eventually we start going through poor form and when that happens our pragmatic managers go pragmatic. They go defensive and it just ends up snowballing into one big shitshow. 
All this is possible but there must be a change of board members. The ones there were influential in helping us win or first champions league. I think there should be fresh blood, people who are hungry and then we can think of moving on. At the moment we are using old methods in a new era. Thanks to tv rights everyone has money now so the battle is who uses money wisely.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

Conte is not someone who usually prepares a team to just defend but yesterday was awful

I know we aren't in the greatest of form but yesterday felt like the biggest "PLEASE SACK ME" plea from Conte to the board. I mean, he talked about the difference in quality between us and City. He may have a point but has he forgotten Euro 2016? He managed the poorest Italy side in history, a side that's even worse than our team, and managed to beat Spain convincingly and took Germany all the way to penalties and you can't say those two don't have quality in their team. Furthermore, if yesterday was an evidence of the difference in quality, then how earth did we manage to lose to the likes of Burnley, Crystal Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Watford etc? They are mid-table teams/relegation fodders and yet, were able to turn us over with ease. Quality is vital to winning games but so is the application.