The Conte Thread

4 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

Don't give me any of that bullshit. Pedro-Hazard was a defensive sub and you fucking know it. 1-1 in a must win game with 20 minutes to go and he fucking settles for a draw. 

Morata was awful and Willian, in the last 20 minutes before the sub was clearly tired and losing balls left and right.

The point here isn't about whether Pedro was a defensive sub. It's whether Conte was right to sub Hazard to begin with.

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Yes you are. Or being contrarion for attention. I've criticized Hazard several times before but he rarely comes in for criticism because he happens to play well most of the time? The same way Kante and Azpiliceuta rarely come in for criticism but I don't see you saying it's not "Kante FC" or "Azpilicueta FC" . Now is not the time to be contrarion. If you geniunly think subbing off Hazard was the right thing to do, you know less about football than I could ever have thought. 

Whatever you say, mate. Ta.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The point here isn't about whether Pedro was a defensive sub. It's whether Conte was right to sub Hazard to begin with.

What ?! Who came in for him matters. We don't have any world class players on the bench. Pedro doesn't come close to Hazard.

If you don't have anyone better then you don't replace him. The decision to replace Hazard was a very shit one. 

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This is the Hazard that was so bad that deserved to be taken off with 25 mins to go. Because we have Messi, Suarez, Aguero and Neymar on our bench to replace him. Laughable. 

DW5NMgwXkAATowb.jpg

That is all well and good but games aren't won by how many passes you complete or how many dribbles you complete. Games are won by goals and he looked less likely to score or create a goal than Willian and there was no way with Morata on and Giroud on the bench, Conte was going to play a false 9 system at 1-1. If you think that he was going to then I don't even know... If he did that he would of gotten criticised even more. Genuinely don't see what the massive fuss was, its not as if Hazard was playing amazing before he got subbed? If he was okay yeah fair enough but he wasn't. I could get it if he was playing great, looking likely to score or whatever but he wasn't so honestly not sure what the fuss is. Most of them stats, the dribbles, key passes, whatever I bet most of them were accumulated in the first half. 

4 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

What ?! Who came in for him matters. We don't have any world class players on the bench. Pedro doesn't come close to Hazard.

If you don't have anyone better then you don't replace him. The decision to replace Hazard was a very shit one. 

It was- Willian was the one obviously knackered

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

That is all well and good but games aren't won by how many passes you complete or how many dribbles you complete. Games are won by goals and he looked less likely to score or create a goal than Willian and there was no way with Morata on and Giroud on the bench, Conte was going to play a false 9 system at 1-1. If you think that he was going to then I don't even know... If he did that he would of gotten criticised even more. Genuinely don't see what the massive fuss was, its not as if Hazard was playing amazing before he got subbed? If he was okay yeah fair enough but he wasn't. I could get it if he was playing great, looking likely to score or whatever but he wasn't so honestly not sure what the fuss is. Most of them stats, the dribbles, key passes, whatever I bet most of them were accumulated in the first half. 

Hazard is rarely a goal threat, so not sure why you're going on about goals. The fear factor alone when he's got the ball opens up space for others to abuse, which has been the case for years.

Was browsing the match thread on Redcafe, people were laughing at Conte when he subbed Hazard. It was a moronic decision

1 minute ago, Weckerz said:

Hazard is rarely a goal threat, so not sure why you're going on about goals. The fear factor alone when he's got the ball opens up space for others to abuse, which has been the case for years.

Was browsing the match thread on Redcafe, people were laughing at Conte when he subbed Hazard. It was a moronic decision

15 goals 11 assists this season, Our top scorer. There's just no way to rationalize it. 

Anyway, enough of the Hazard talk. That's a distraction from the real story here which is how Conte is failing with a multi-million pound squad. He's been easily the worst manager of the top 6 clubs this season with the exception of Wenger . This season shows he's been incredibly overrated for last season. Was helped a lot by no European football. This season, he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

15 goals 11 assists this season, Our top scorer. There's just no way to rationalize it. 

Guess in Contes head he's 'saving' some of him for Barca and Citeh, and doesn't want to risk an injury. Doesn't make it right though

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Guess in Contes head he's 'saving' some of him for Barca and Citeh, and doesn't want to risk an injury. Doesn't make it right though

In my view the reason he did it was because United brought on Lingaard and he wanted Pedro on to help Alonso close the left flank because obviously Pedro is a workhorse on defense. Which just makes it even more pathetic. Ironically, Lingaard scored mins after. 

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Anyway, enough of the Hazard talk. That's a distraction from the real story here which is how Conte is failing with a multi-million pound squad. He's been easily the worst manager of the top 6 clubs this season with the exception of Wenger . This season shows he's been incredibly overrated for last season. Was helped a lot by no European football. This season, he hasn't got a clue what he's doing. 

and to mask his deficiencies....people will keep saying no quality in the squad or will keep blaming the board for not signing his targets...he doesnt help himself whining moaning about the boards failure to sign his target how we cant compete with city and united...when its only city thats class above us in terms of quality...

Just now, eemanyooel said:

and to mask his deficiencies....people will keep saying no quality in the squad or will keep blaming the board for not signing his targets...he doesnt help himself whining moaning about the boards failure to sign his target how we cant compete with city and united...when its only city thats class above us in terms of quality...

I couldn't agree more with the bolded part. 

16 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

What are you talking about ? False 9 ? Just stick Giroud up top instead of Morata ? That would have been a more logical choice if Conte actually wanted to change our attack and actually go for the win. 

Also could you tell me what Willian did in the second half that gave you the impression he was gonna score or create ? Both Hazard and Willian faded in the second half. 

I remember Willian losing the ball several times 5-10 minutes prior to the Pedro-Hazard substitution. He looked knackered at that point imo.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

In my view the reason he did it was because United brought on Lingaard and he wanted Pedro on to help Alonso close the left flank because obviously Pedro is a workhorse on defense. Which just makes it even more pathetic. 

Whatever the rationale -it resulted in a less offensive game.