The Conte Thread

I think Bats needed to start, but Pedro gave that nice assist so I'm not so sure... but we should have gone all-offense later. Bring Michy for Alonso, put Pedro on the LWB, something like that, it was clear we needed to go all in.

Bad performance from our manager, even worse from our players.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

We may lost to 2 stupid deflected goals but Conte really made some stupid decisions tonight:

1. Why bring Barkley on for Willian when he hasn't played for 6-7 months? Did his best tonight but looked a little lost. Why not just bring Batshuayi on?

2. Wenger may have switched his formation in the second half but why oh why, did we switch to 3-5-2? Think that system has worked only against Atletico this season and it's been awful otherwise.

3. Why did we stick with the back 3/5 all the way till the end? Doesn't even matter if we lose 2-1 or 3-1 since we were already losing at that point!

4. Why the hell did Conte, again, bring a RWB for a RWB? (Benitez would be so proud of that!) Were already 2-1 down by then. Why not bring Bats on for Moses instead and put Pedro to WB or something? I remember Conte used to be flexible with his formation in games last season. This season, he has stubbornly persisted with the same formation. It's always 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. Why not play with a back 4 when we're chasing games?

We did not switch to 3-5-2...It is 3-4-3 with barkley in place of willian...Barkley is somewhat more defensive than willian...So the formation looked like 3-5-2

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

We did not switch to 3-5-2...It is 3-4-3 with barkley in place of willian...Barkley is somewhat more defensive than willian...So the formation looked like 3-5-2

We did in the second half. Barkley was operating slightly deeper.

15 minutes ago, iceboy said:

He needs to reflect. Simple as that. He could have change the formation earlier like Wenger did.

but without this formation, we can't play the slowest player in the league and victor moses....

@OneMoSalah

You won’t find any disagreements over the criticisms leveled at Marina. But I just can’t perpetually cry over spilt milk and hope that Marina gets fired, when that will clearly never happen. It is what it is. I’ve accepted that Marina will be a constant bottleneck on the way Chelsea is run, and she will price us out of attaining many footballers. 

But that doesn’t mean you can absolve Conte of all blame. There is more than enough blame to go all-around. This man is out of ideas (tactically), and has shown to have a very limited imagination when it comes to player recuitment. We can debate which signings were his and which weren’t until the cows come home, but what we need imo, is a manager with a different perspective. There are many signings here that he vouched for, and many that Marina did. And at the end of the day, Conte hasn’t found a way to maximize results with these players. 

Whether it’s Luis Enrique, Thomas Tuchel, Spalletti idk who else, but Chelsea simply need to move on. And as you may worry that Chelsea isn’t attractive enough to other managers all I’ll say, is that signed Antonio Conte after finishing 10th in the PL. 

We’ll be fine. 

8 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

@OneMoSalah

You won’t find any disagreements over the criticisms leveled at Marina. But I just can’t perpetually cry over spilt milk and hope that Marina gets fired, when that will clearly never happen. It is what it is. I’ve accepted that Marina will be a constant bottleneck on the way Chelsea is run, and she will price us out of attaining many footballers. 

But that doesn’t mean you can absolve Conte of all blame. There is more than enough blame to go all-around. This man is out of ideas (tactically), and has shown to have a very limited imagination when it comes to player recuitment. We can debate which signings were his and which weren’t until the cows come home, but what we need imo, is a manager with a different perspective. There are many signings here that he vouched for, and many that Marina did. And at the end of the day, Conte hasn’t found a way to maximize results with these players. 

Whether it’s Luis Enrique, Thomas Tuchel, Spalletti idk who else, but Chelsea simply need to move on. And as you may worry that Chelsea isn’t attractive enough to other managers all I’ll say, is that signed Antonio Conte after finishing 10th in the PL. 

We’ll be fine. 

Maybe and yes blame can be evenly distributed (Costa situation in particular) but still, its a constant revolving door here with that sort of mentality.

In a season or twos time it will be "Sack manager X" "Hire manager Y" and for me, that is just an endless cycle of pointless bullshit. Get behind the manager. 'And at the end of the day, Conte hasn't found a way to maximise results with these players' Have you watched most of the games this year? Considering the lack of investment, more games (not best excuse sure but true in comparison to last season) and whatever else, hes done a pretty sound job this season on top of last seasons miracle. It was obvious the Manc clubs were going to be top 2 because they spent heavily, they didn't lose anybody. We didn't, in fact I'd say we weakened ourselves more than anything. Conte may be out of ideas tactically but lets no forget you put 2 better wing backs in our team (Walker/Sandro - like what was wanted in summer) we'd be a totally different outfit. He talks about work but sometimes talent or ability has to be there, you can only make Marcos Alonso or Victor Moses a certain level of player through hard work and determination or tactical systems, these guys are normally reliable but aren't elite level players. 

Chelsea may be attractive still yes but at the rate we are going with this revolving door because I have no doubt there will be a parting of ways come the summer, it will stop being attractive soon enough. There is only so many excellent coaches out there and in my eyes we have one of the best but are making him operate with his hands behind his back. Also we've had the likes of Ranieri, Benitez, Ancelotti, Mourinho (twice), Hiddink (twice), Conte in the last 15+ years, there has been success yes but there will be the same patterns and no success (PL titles, FA cups, CL. Carabo Cup whatever else) over a period too and if the club doesn't evaluate these problems, patterns and look at the system of working up stairs it might never be anywhere near as successful ie Liverpool or Arsenal. Its obvious Conte hasn't helped himself along the way but again the guy won the PL with a team that finished 9th or 10th. If he leaves he'll find another job. 

I still don't think Conte should leave. 
Another season is worth while. 
But I think he wants to leave. 

This. And him leaving and constantly taking digs at the board, reflects on our whole club. Players know he’s leaving and they don’t give a shit.

I’m surprised we’re still in the top 4 tbh. Probably Spurs and Pool are even more inconsistent with their results than us, I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

We’ll be fine. 

The novelty of that will run off, if it hasn't already. No manager would want to come here if they're only getting 2 years. We're not in the 2000s anymore. We're scraping the barrels already in the manager department.

Conte needs to utilise our young players more to make up the squad. I think RLC and Barkley are basically the same player, Chalobah would do as well as Drinkwater. Ake could've developed into a left sided Azpilicueta. Musonda could do more. By not making those signings that's £65/70m that could've then been spent on someone who'd instantly improve the first 11. But the club seem obsessed with inflating the squad with average players, ending up with a squad where it's the same one or two players responsible for creating and scoring goals.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

All for being realistic but FFS ANTONIO! WE'RE CHELSEA! NOT SOME FUCKING WANNABE BIG CLUB!! :middlefinger:

Yes, if only we've won some important title in recent times to prove ourselves BIG again. :(