The Conte Thread

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Barkley, having played next to 0 football this season (think he’s a good player but needs time to get used to us and vice versa) or Batshuayi, who is pretty useless (okay he was decent v Brighton but in 18 months how often can we go “yeah he played decent?”), isn't exactly a great choice to have.

I am surprised Batshuayi didn’t start but again not surprised he didn’t throw him on when Willian got injured because last 20 mins Arsenal defenders are tired etc more chance of him doing something I feel. Plus it’s so obvious he doesn’t trust him. Not even worth loaning him out just sell him, talk about stunting your career.

I know Michy was piss when he came on, but I'm not sure what he did wrong against Brighton to not deserve to start yesterday? Everyone knows we're shit with a false 9 unless we're playing Bournemouth. 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

All for being realistic but FFS ANTONIO! WE'RE CHELSEA! NOT SOME FUCKING WANNABE BIG CLUB!! :middlefinger:

You can't blame the man for speaking the truth. The recent transfers from our board suggest nothing short of what he just mentioned. My only fear is that by the time the stadium is ready we will be one of the team likes Spurs or Liverpool trying to be a big club but are nothing short of average with average players.

Hazard will leave us for RM coming summer and all hopes of us playing good football will rest in wonderland.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I remember Conte used to be flexible with his formation in games last season. This season, he has stubbornly persisted with the same formation. It's always 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.

What do you mean? We played almost exclusively 3-4-3 last season, sometimes 3-5-2 too. After the formation change last season we haven't used anything else.

It's honestly scary thinking about what could happen this summer. Even though we're not doing terribly in terms of the race for top 4 it seems like so much is festering behind the scenes at the club. Conte publicly (and understandably) taking shots at the club every week, the club working at the pace of Cesc Fabregas in the market, and a couple of our best and nearly irreplaceable players reportedly want to leave in the summer.

I mean, it's not far fetched at all to think we could lose a world class manager, our talismanic attacking player, and our world class keeper in the same window. In a World Cup summer where prices skyrocket with good performances making it even more difficult for buying clubs. We think it's hard to sign good players now? Imagine how hard it'll be if a player we're after has a great World Cup. After we've got £150m or whatever in our pockets from selling Hazard.

All of this because of the club's refusal to back the manager with HIS first choice signings. And all of this while City and United are getting stronger and stronger and building super teams. City are walking the league and could very well win every competition they're in this season. What are they doing? Going out now and spending £60m on Laporte and probably going after Fred as well. Think I read yesterday that they'll have spend €400m on their defense alone over the past few years! Meanwhile Chelsea are struggling to sign a backup striker.

We're being left completely behind. Or maybe we already have been. Not optimistic about our immediate future at all. 😔

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

You can't blame the man for speaking the truth. The recent transfers from our board suggest nothing short of what he just mentioned. My only fear is that by the time the stadium is ready we will be one of the team likes Spurs or Liverpool trying to be a big club but are nothing short of average with average players.

It's one thing to be realistic. It's another to keep on talking about till it sounds like defeatism, something Conte has done all season. How can one expect the players to be motivated when the manager is constantly saying we can't compete with City and United? How can anyone expect the players to feel confident when the manager is indirectly saying they aren't good enough by constantly moaning about transfer signings? It's little wonder that the players have looked they CBA for most of the season.

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Hazard will leave us for RM coming summer and all hopes of us playing good football will rest in wonderland.

Correct me if I'm wrong but has Perez even spoken publicly about Hazard? I know he has expressed interest in Neymar but nothing about Hazard, IIRC. A lot of the Real Madrid stems from the fact that Zidane is there. Take him out of the equation and I'm not sure how genuine do Real want Hazard.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

What do you mean? We played almost exclusively 3-4-3 last season, sometimes 3-5-2 too. After the formation change last season we haven't used anything else.

Didn't happen often but there were couple of times in games last season where Conte switched to the 4-2-4 when chasing for the win. Happened against West Ham, Watford, Burnley etc.

Can't believe some of the crap I read on here from Chelsea fans about Conte and him needing sacking, but thats the era of modern football that we live in, instant gratification and 'what have you done for me lately?

I am with Antonio on this, the board YET AGAIN have dragged their feet and failed to recognise the glaring issues in the team which I am sure Antonio has told them about until he's blue in the face. I had a bad feeling when we sold Matic to United, it felt a bit like Mourinho when we let Cech go. Conte clearly didn't want it but the board makes the decisions. 

On transfers, people saying a lot that 'oh he got players in from Serie A it must be his dealings', to an extent thats correct but maybe consider players like Alonso, Zappacosta etc... were his fifth or sixth choice in a long list of signings for those positions and the board just went for the easiest or cheapest fix? That would be kinda frustrating to a degree right?

Nevermind, Conte will either go before the end or definitely at the end of the season and it's rinse and repeat. The managerial merry go round goes on and sure we will continue to get some trophies along the way to justifty this, but my days the problem will always be there, the board needs a reshuffle. But let's just blame Antonio though, because it's probably easier to remove him rather than the politicking swines who balls up our transfer windows for seasons now. Sorry guys, you may not all agree but I just had to vent. 

20 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm going to say this now....I reckon he will do well to see out the next fortnight.

Nah. Reckon the defining point will be from mid-Feb till mid-March, when we play Barcelona (h), Man Utd (a), Man City (a), Barcelona (a).

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Marco Silva:)

No thanks. His teams play decent football but can't defend and he seems to be one of those who can get easily distracted by external happenings.