The Conte Thread

I agree, Conte is gone. To PSG probably or maybe back to Italy NT (tho unlikely considering they have nothing to play for for at least 2 years). Question is now what next? Or who next? Allegri, Zidane, Tuchel, Ancelotti, Enrique? More like Brendan Rodgers. None of them will accomplish anything with the likes of Bakayoko and Moses among others. I struggle to see how we will evolve as a team if Conte, who has proven he can do it, wasn't allowed to do so. I really hope he stays, but I can't see it anymore. Thank you Conte for steadying the ship, but the captain wants it to sink.

I think he's gone too.  He looks a shell of the man we saw 18 months ago.

Can't get excited or even speculate on who's coming in next.  Can't get too attached to them, they'll be here for 2 years, tops.  Their football philosophy/style won't matter since they won't get players they are after.  It will be watching them try to turn Bakayoko in to Iniesta because they like to play 433 and keep the ball.

51 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Well after watching the press conference against my better judgement it is now fully clearly to me that Conte is done with the club. He looked ill, he looked broken and he sounded completely disillusioned.

The board have single handedly drained every ounce of charisma and zest the bloke had, and other fans, the media and people you speak to have no idea why we are so fucked off and why our manager is too. It's actually got to the point where I actually feel more for Conte than the club itself based on the whole way he's been treated and the way they have handled the transfer business in the last few years.

People can tell you there isn't anything wrong, their fooling themselves. There is a lot wrong right now at this football club, a lot. I don't know what direction we are going in, the spine has gone from the team, something we were noted for over the years and we do not have leaders in the dressing room anymore. It's been allowed to get to this because of a short term outlook, the quick fixes and the penny pinching.

City are now paying the asking prices, the big wages and probably going to be very dominant for the next few years, we cant afford to follow the copyright set by Arsenal, were we allow ourselves to fall into the background, just saunter along and win fuck all. And believe me this is very realistic and possible, and quite close to happening than people actually think. Every window we are missing out on more and more and more targets, this then has the knock on effect it has with Conte we are seeing now. We are also seeing something now that we haven't seen for a while, teams like Liverpool are starting to up their game in terms of big signings...Van Dijk is in, Naby Keita is about to join they are really pulling up their socks. Other teams are starting to do big business, big players for big money.

My fear is we are starting to drowned, the tide of other teams is starting to come in. We aren't identifying targets and we aren't nailing them, other teams are. This club needs to be very careful, we are walking a fine line because other clubs around us are spending and moving forward, and right now we are stagnating and not dining at the top table, in fact, and I have said this before we are not a big pull anymore. The Andy Carroll thing isn't made up media shite, we are actually chasing him, I mean what the fuck is this all about, even Arsenal are chasing Aubameyang and Sanchez looks like he's about to join United.

It's embarrassing what's happening right now, and I actually think the board are so focused on this new stadium everything else around them is being shoved away. We need to be very careful.

New Arsenal?

It is one step forward, two steps back. Can't understand what is wrong with this board. 14/15 we win the title, then go few steps back. 16/17 we win the title then go few steps back again. Every football fan in this world could see that the club needed to build on those title winning seasons and have some solid transfer windows, except for a bunch of people at the top of the club.

Really feel for Conte and indeed he looks done at this club. You look at Arsenal - dire football, 6th in the league, slim chances to a Champions League place next season, a dinosaur of a manager and about to lose their two best players. You would wonder why the hell anybody in their right mind would want to join them? They are fucking Arsenal the perennial losers. Still as we speak they are linked to players worth over 80M in Aubameyang and Malcom.

We'll soon be linked to Brendan Rodgers mark my words.  

Conte needs to be given more power at this club. The problem has always been that players dictate too much.

As fans we are also constantly questioning the manager when they drop key players. And the same is happening at the board level.

I feel if we have to get back to the top then manager needs more power that they currently have at this club. It should be manager way or the highway. The power is displaced at our club.

Yes currently he seems to be making some really questionable subs during the games but I feel we should trust him. He knows the team better than any one else.

I just hope we don't sack him *prays to God* because the thought who will be his successor is even more scary! I feel that since last season Conte seems to have a drop in his authority, but then what do I know.

KTBFFH! Please Conte prove me right in supporting you! :)

GO CHELSEA!

20 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Well after watching the press conference against my better judgement it is now fully clearly to me that Conte is done with the club. He looked ill, he looked broken and he sounded completely disillusioned.

The board have single handedly drained every ounce of charisma and zest the bloke had, and other fans, the media and people you speak to have no idea why we are so fucked off and why our manager is too. It's actually got to the point where I actually feel more for Conte than the club itself based on the whole way he's been treated and the way they have handled the transfer business in the last few years.

People can tell you there isn't anything wrong, their fooling themselves. There is a lot wrong right now at this football club, a lot. I don't know what direction we are going in, the spine has gone from the team, something we were noted for over the years and we do not have leaders in the dressing room anymore. It's been allowed to get to this because of a short term outlook, the quick fixes and the penny pinching.

City are now paying the asking prices, the big wages and probably going to be very dominant for the next few years, we cant afford to follow the copyright set by Arsenal, were we allow ourselves to fall into the background, just saunter along and win fuck all. And believe me this is very realistic and possible, and quite close to happening than people actually think. Every window we are missing out on more and more and more targets, this then has the knock on effect it has with Conte we are seeing now. We are also seeing something now that we haven't seen for a while, teams like Liverpool are starting to up their game in terms of big signings...Van Dijk is in, Naby Keita is about to join they are really pulling up their socks. Other teams are starting to do big business, big players for big money.

My fear is we are starting to drowned, the tide of other teams is starting to come in. We aren't identifying targets and we aren't nailing them, other teams are. This club needs to be very careful, we are walking a fine line because other clubs around us are spending and moving forward, and right now we are stagnating and not dining at the top table, in fact, and I have said this before we are not a big pull anymore. The Andy Carroll thing isn't made up media shite, we are actually chasing him, I mean what the fuck is this all about, even Arsenal are chasing Aubameyang and Sanchez looks like he's about to join United.

It's embarrassing what's happening right now, and I actually think the board are so focused on this new stadium everything else around them is being shoved away. We need to be very careful.

fucking negative nancy /s

From daily mail comment.. Sums it up

Arsenal on the verge of Aubameyang/Malcolm, United securing Sanchez. The PL champions? Andy Carroll. With Chelsea, winning the league always gives us a false sense of security, to the point where we fail to adequately back the manager; not in terms of money spent, but in terms of transfer targets met. We make underwhelming signings, eventually leading said manager to either produce poor results and get sacked, or get frustrated and leave. Just waiting for the day we actually kick on following a title win. Andy Carroll up top vs Barcelona. Unbelievable.

All this talk of how unfair the treatment is on Conte, how the board shouldn't be so involved, how he deserves public backing from the club when paper rumours are around, etc. 

Yet no talk at all really about Roman. Will he forever be this godly-legend-saviour that can't be taken down?
I want him down, out, very far away from the club.

Story time: One day, you get adopted by a rich Russian man, who spoils you with a mansion to live in, local notoriety, the best of the best of whatever materialistic desire you have.
You're 10 years old - you aren't questioning being given gold, you just take it regardless of conditions.

Fast forward - You're 20 or-so now; you're coming to the age where it's normal to learn the art of reflection. So you reflect.
What do you learn? - Something about your Russian dad.
Firstly, yes, he showered you in all things expensive and shiny; (leading to your local rivals & friends displaying jealousy, creating the illusion that what you were going through was something to admire.)
But, now too you realise, he was never really there for you, which was the trade for the glitz. He'd maybe talk you up and show you off if company was around, but he doesn't care about your personal development (youth academy), your social life (legends being reintegrated, creating community at the club), your desires (fans want consistency); he has the emotional capacity of a potato. 

So you decide, while grateful for the roof over your head that was provided, you're never going to become the best person you can be, by continuing to be overseen by a parent who thinks that by just pumping money into you that they're doing enough.

I hope people will too realise that Roman only brings brought money, & is here for himself first, with us as an afterthought. He's the parent so many childhood friends admired because they dreamed of riches. They'll never know the truth of what comes with those riches, though. A profound absence from the person giving the money; an absence from the person at the top of the ladder which can lead to consistent shambles below, stress & ill-health. 

Roman is old news. We could've had better, and we can still have better.

12 minutes ago, Leif said:

Something about your Russian dad.

I agree with what you wrote

And I understand he owns us but I'm sure he is imposing his ideas about the players,team,transfers. Looking to re find this 'English' core.

And a problem is it seems the board is a bunch of merchant banker yes men (and woman)

But do they have a section on Evilbay for Billionair tycoons with a love of football willing to just sign cheques and stay away from the team..

Really interesting that people keep acting like Conte is a poor bloke because the board is not buying the players he deserves.

I think a lot of people still underestimate the impact Consta had on the overall quality of this squad, and underestimate how stupid Conte was to kick Costa's ass when the best replacements available were Lukaku and Morata. Its crazy that some people believe that someone who do such a thing deserves more control on the transfer market.

17 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Conte needs to be given more power at this club. The problem has always been that players dictate too much.

You could maybe make a case for that 2012 and before, but players dictating now? Not even close.

42 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Really interesting that people keep acting like Conte is a poor bloke because the board is not buying the players he deserves.

I think a lot of people still underestimate the impact Consta had on the overall quality of this squad, and underestimate how stupid Conte was to kick Costa's ass when the best replacements available were Lukaku and Morata. Its crazy that some people believe that someone who do such a thing deserves more control on the transfer market.

I sort of agree regarding Costa. He’s a top player, different style to Morata and he’s probably hugely missed in dressing room too but he made his bed in January when that China offer came around, same way Oscar had done, which is why Conte wasn’t bothered about keeping him or Oscar.

Board/Emenalo probably identify 75% of players we sign and have done for a while now, club decided to sell Matic against Contes wishes (he wanted to go but still could have put foot down instead of thinking $$$), failed to make headway with many first choice targets etc.  

I’ve said before I’d of liked Costa to stay and have him and Morata both play together, think it could of been a decent option but big problem in the summer was lack of high quality players brought in and right now based on interviews where Conte says he doesn’t know about clubs pursuit of Sanchez, about only giving his opinion to club when they come to him about a player etc. It’s fair to say he’s got his hands tied behind his back so to speak.