The Conte Thread

18 hours ago, Tomo said:

Defiantly, but Spurs (our closest challengers) look set to lose both there first choice fullback's (and Fortress WHL) which is an even bigger blow. City granted have strengthened significantly but i don't think the other 3 have done enough  (so far) to close the gap despite us losing Costa. 

I think we are going out for Sandro, and if we can't we will then go for an Alonso esque signing, likely Cancelo.

Well when we are offering 15 million for Dirnkwater you think we go for Sandro?

They continue to do the same shenanigans from the last few years. Penny pinching and we will end with Hector/Type of player. 

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

While I think he's full of shit about there being discontent and having a "mole" in our club, I think there could be big trouble if we have a poor start like we did a couple of years ago. 

Looking at our lineup and the fixtures, I sure as hell am not using Chelsea players in my fantasy team --but that's the same every season at the opening, right? Musonda was an attractive idea, but I chose Loftus-Cheek instead.

But seriously, everyone is on-edge at the moment. Transfer window is crazy and our Granovskaia and company haven't really proven themselves yet.

Antonio Conte has arrived for his pre-match press conference... #CFC

Conte says the players have been working very well in training and their 'commitment is incredible, better than last season.' #CFC

Conte says his aim is to try to improve his players and his team. He says the club is trying to do its best in the transfer market. #CFC

Conte says he doesn't know if this season will be harder than last, but he knows teams will try extra hard to beat the champions. #CFC

Conte says he likes the competition in the Premier League because it increases the level of the league. #CFC

Conte: 'We are working very well. It's a pleasure for me to see this every single day.' #CFC

Conte: 'Burnley are a really good team. Last season they had a good season and for sure we have to pay great attention tomorrow.' #CFC

Conte says Pedro is not available for tomorrow's game having suffered an ankle injury during the Arsenal game. #CFC

Conte says Rudiger could start tomorrow particularly as Moses is suspended. 'He's a good player, strong, good personality, technique.' #CFC

Conte says Cahill was a natural choice for the captaincy having won so much over many years at Chelsea. #CFC

Conte says he is not looking for sympathy from any coaches and if our players leave on loan it is to help their development. #CFC

Conte says Morata has improved a lot in the last 10 days. 'He is starting to understand what I want from him during games.' #CFC

Conte adds that the Spaniard needs time to adapt to our style of football especially as he is a striker, a really important role. #CFC

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Surprise he is a 70m striker. If he makes an impact and scores 30 goals in his first season than that would be what should be expected given the pricetag. 

Yes if he gets on the score sheet early, should be ok then for confidence. Unfortunately price tags are not always a good indication of what's to come...can you hear the drums Fernando...

PS did I read somewhere youre in Trier ML ?

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes if he gets on the score sheet early, should be ok then for confidence. Unfortunately price tags are not always a good indication of what's to come...can you hear the drums Fernando...

PS did I read somewhere youre in Trier ML ?

Yeah an early goal for him would be so vital, we saw how it drags on if he doesn't get one with Torres

I am not there atm but I am there a few times in the year how come?

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Well when we are offering 15 million for Dirnkwater you think we go for Sandro?

They continue to do the same shenanigans from the last few years. Penny pinching and we will end with Hector/Type of player. 

I don't understand, last four years we made bad signings late in August once and good signing's 3 times. Why do you think it will be like the one time instead of the three?

3 hours ago, DDA said:

No wonder 7/10 players leaving PL talk about the huge media pressure in England.

Journalists, pundits etc. would do everything to have the best players/managers in this league just to make them look miserable afterwards.

Happening everywhere I do agree, but I think it's on another level in the UK. 

They kept talking shite for weeks about Conte being at swords with the board - the next day he signs an improved contract.

Now supposedly the players are unhappy with him... 

Me as a fan get so annoyed about this. What about Conte? He's been a class act last season, but I think this season we will see him more distant from the media, maybe even picking some fights with them throughout the season.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

I don't understand, last four years we made bad signings late in August once and good signing's 3 times. Why do you think it will be like the one time instead of the three?

Amazing so now we need to give credit to the board for Conte's brilliance in the last year.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

Well is not just me, but Conte and many pundits are picking this narrative:

Chelsea looking ill-equipped after a summer of stagnation

Antonio Conte’s squad appears thin, with new signings merely replacing departed players, while Diego Costa remains in limbo

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/11/chelsea-ill-equipped-summer-stagnation