The Mourinho Thread

Jose's said a lot that he doesn't mean. it's kinda obvious that Drogba isn't anymore, just like Torres is. He won't come straight out and say stuff because in the grand scheme of things, it just wouldn't be right for Drogba to hear it. But its really kinda obvious.

Yes it might be, if Jose said anything about "our market is closed", "we won't buy anymore players", "Torres great", "I trust Torres", etc. But not with his judgement on the player he signed like Fabregas, Costa and now Drogba. I think, he always genuinely praised and rated every player he signed. No doubt.

Hypothetically, if Chelsea doesnt win, do you think Jose should be sacked?

Meaning only EPL title and Champs league (not CC, fa cup, etc).

No, even if we don't win one of the major ones sacking Jose can't be the solution. Let him finish his contract and evaluate him after that period, the sacking thing gets too expensive and we need to be stable in order to compete. If we miss top 4 THEN we have a problem and he should be sacked...

I get the feeling that Jose has been deploying Torres on the side of costa as more of a tester for Schurrle eventually taking that position, and possibly even being a starting 11 player for us.

I really hope Schurrle starts for us.He simply adds too much to our gameplay to be ignored for a starting position now.

i dont know how to put this, but schurrle is a go getter, and never is quiet during games.

We need that.

I can almost guarantee Schurrle will be our starting right flanker when he's fit and healthy, it just makes too much sense. Plus Jose has already called Oscar and Willian his 10's

No, even if we don't win one of the major ones sacking Jose can't be the solution. Let him finish his contract and evaluate him after that period, the sacking thing gets too expensive and we need to be stable in order to compete. If we miss top 4 THEN we have a problem and he should be sacked...

Hopefully Roman read this, lol.

Bringing Drogba back was more for motivating and helping the young squad we have rather than using him as a striker. As a striker he wasn't the same since 2010. Age caught up with him. We've lost out on few games last season where we weren't fully up for the small games. It's a psychological thing. Drogba will help.

Jose's said a lot that he doesn't mean. it's kinda obvious that Drogba isn't anymore, just like Torres is. He won't come straight out and say stuff because in the grand scheme of things, it just wouldn't be right for Drogba to hear it. But its really kinda obvious.

That is where you are wrong. Mourinho sees Drogba as a key part of his plans for the season. He may say a lot he does not mean but he already said that he is bringing Drogba back for football purposes and not sentimental ones. He wouldn't describe him as one of the best strikers in Europe unless he is serious about him. If Drogba's role was to help the young ones he may as well of been instructed to motivate Lukaku to stay.

There is a lot Mourinho decieves people about. This is not. We got rid of Lukaku and it does not look definite we will sign a new striker. A lot of people would rather Drogba have a subsided role but that is not the case. He will see a lot of game time. Mourinho has not described Torres as one of the best strikers in Europe before. I think that indicates that Drogba may well be our 2nd choice striker next season with Torres as 3rd unless Mourinho goes out and buys a striker.

I love Didier for what he has done but I am not really supportive of the idea of him coming back here, especially with the way signals coming across how Mourinho plans to use him.

He's definitely got a point about City there though, they're finding too many potential loopholes with FFP. The sponsorship deals, the buying of clubs..

If I'm not mistaken wasn't the sponsorship deal of psg cut in half cause it was way out of the market?

I'm not sure what city was but it was a normal figure compare to psg.

So at least we know that uefa do look into this.

As per buying other clubs in other countries is completely legit and actually smart in itself.

Can't fault them for that when they have not break any rules.

That is where you are wrong. Mourinho sees Drogba as a key part of his plans for the season. He may say a lot he does not mean but he already said that he is bringing Drogba back for football purposes and not sentimental ones. He wouldn't describe him as one of the best strikers in Europe unless he is serious about him. If Drogba's role was to help the young ones he may as well of been instructed to motivate Lukaku to stay.

There is a lot Mourinho decieves people about. This is not. We got rid of Lukaku and it does not look definite we will sign a new striker. A lot of people would rather Drogba have a subsided role but that is not the case. He will see a lot of game time. Mourinho has not described Torres as one of the best strikers in Europe before. I think that indicates that Drogba may well be our 2nd choice striker next season with Torres as 3rd unless Mourinho goes out and buys a striker.

I love Didier for what he has done but I am not really supportive of the idea of him coming back here, especially with the way signals coming across how Mourinho plans to use him.

Switch Torres and Drogba in your statement and I think you'll be right..Mourinho's clearly looking to deploy Torres as the second striker because he knows he can't score for himself.

Is it just me that is concerned about defence backups? Should Luis or Cahill/Terry got injured, Ivan would have to play and then we wouldnt have single defender on bench apart from Zouma who is realy young and inexperienced.

Azpi will have to start on right and also provide backup for Luis, while Iva is both RB and CB backup.

I think we should get another fullback, something in Bernat mould, cheap, younger and experienced enough. It would be even better if he could cover both sides so that Iva and Zouma could be our main CBs, while new fullback and if required Iva would be our full back backups.

Cahill, Terry, luis, Iva, Zouma and Azpi isnt enough for 4 positions IMO.

Is it just me that is concerned about defence backups? Should Luis or Cahill/Terry got injured, Ivan would have to play and then we wouldnt have single defender on bench apart from Zouma who is realy young and inexperienced.

Azpi will have to start on right and also provide backup for Luis, while Iva is both RB and CB backup.

I think we should get another fullback, something in Bernat mould, cheap, younger and experienced enough. It would be even better if he could cover both sides so that Iva and Zouma could be our main CBs, while new fullback and if required Iva would be our full back backups.

Given the fact defence won't see rotation unless necessary and we have one of the best medical teams in the business, it's a risk worth taking. If we have 8 defenders in our system, 2 would see next to no game time whatsoever.

Although having said that, if there's a real opportunity to sign Benat, we should snap him up.

That's why Jose said he will include Ake and Christensen in the squad. That will make 2 player for every back 4 position. Sorted.

Given the fact defence won't see rotation unless necessary and we have one of the best medical teams in the business, it's a risk worth taking. If we have 8 defenders in our system, 2 would see next to no game time whatsoever.

Although having said that, if there's a real opportunity to sign Benat, we should snap him up.

Considering Bayern recently snapped BErnat up, our chances to get him are rather slim.

That's why Jose said he will include Ake and Christensen in the squad. That will make 2 player for every back 4 position. Sorted.

I guess Ake is kinda ready. He had somem impressive cameos and even played some matches in the Europa League. But is Christensen ready, too? Never seen much of him. He will probably not be needed. But Jose tends to loan out the players he will probably not need.

The question is. If JOse really considered the possibility of us being in need of a 4th fullback as likely, why the heck should he loan out Bertrand and force himself to rely on the far less experienced Ake then? ACtually i still don't get why Bertrand was loaned out. He is homegrown, so he takes no spot away, is on low wages and does not moan when he does not play. Ergo the Ideal squad player.

The question is. If JOse really considered the possibility of us being in need of a 4th fullback as likely, why the heck should he loan out Bertrand and force himself to rely on the far less experienced Ake then? ACtually i still don't get why Bertrand was loaned out. He is homegrown, so he takes no spot away, is on low wages and does not moan when he does not play. Ergo the Ideal squad player.

He doesn't want to be a bench player anymore.

Bernat is already at Bayern