The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho picked Costa, Torres and Drogba to be his main strikers. He brought Drogba when he could go for younger and better striker.

If we fail to achieve title, only Mou should be blamed, not strikers. Costa will do his best Im sure, but other two wont.

He can always bring another striker and bench Torres. City, United both have 4 strikers, we could have them too.

Mourinho picked Costa, Torres and Drogba to be his main strikers. He brought Drogba when he could go for younger and better striker.

If we fail to achieve title, only Mou should be blamed, not strikers. Costa will do his best Im sure, but other two wont.

He can always bring another striker and bench Torres. City, United both have 4 strikers, we could have them too.

City and United play with two strikers ffs.

One thing that I don't understand from Mourinho criticism is the "there's no movements upfront, don't we make attackings movements in training blablabla". Arrigo Sachi, Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola have said multiple of times that their jobs is to find a way to bring the ball to the attacking players and then their creativity have to do the rest. What do you want José to do ?

Look at the first goal United scored against Real Madrid. Would they have done that under Moyes? No way. The manager does make a difference by practising these attacking movements in training. This is Jose's weakness.

Lol, how come someone asked Wenger about Lampard, or he has an initiative to comment about Lampard. Really unnecessary.

Poor Drogba, he judged to be flopped even before 100% fit in preseason.

Someone asked him, probably hoping he'd mock Chelsea/Mourinho.

He's definitely got a point about City there though, they're finding too many potential loopholes with FFP. The sponsorship deals, the buying of clubs..

Jose with the mic testing testing testing the mic 123 Jose is testing. Pre season is a testing period Jose said we got a good squad which almost all will agree on apart from the striker position that is been run by legend who has pass it and Torres who do not alway get it right which need to be addressed, but on the other hand Jose got good tools to work with and his having a try out if I use the the joker worlds right there only one spot for the first XI so it testing testing testing no hard feelings

I love drogba but what do you expect from 36 yo? Dont live in imaginary world man...

Jose decided to sign Drogba for some reason. If he is not good enough to be our 2nd or 3rd striker in big games, I believe Jose will never ever consider to bring Drogba back as a player. Jose believe he is still have something to deliver and I trust his decision, because this is just like when he bring Eto'o last season.

my assessment on him is entirely based on his season for Galatasaray. I've watched them in UCL prior to playing us. Eto'o was considerably better.

With all due respect, Galatasaray is s***. It is unfair to compare Drogba there with Eto'o here.

Jose decided to sign Drogba for some reason. If he is not good enough to be our 2nd or 3rd striker in big games, I believe Jose will never ever consider to bring Drogba back as a player. Jose believe he is still have something to deliver and I trust his decision, because this is just like when he bring Eto'o last season.

Bringing Drogba back was more for motivating and helping the young squad we have rather than using him as a striker. As a striker he wasn't the same since 2010. Age caught up with him. We've lost out on few games last season where we weren't fully up for the small games. It's a psychological thing. Drogba will help.

Bringing Drogba back was more for motivating and helping the young squad we have rather than using him as a striker. As a striker he wasn't the same since 2010. Age caught up with him. We've lost out on few games last season where we weren't fully up for the small games. It's a psychological thing. Drogba will help.

Where do you get that kind of impression from? From what Jose said, it is clear he is still rated Drogba as one of the best strikers in Europe and several times said that we need him as a player.

"Didier's coming because he's one of the best strikers in Europe," said Mourinho, himself in his second spell with the club, who originally signed the Ivory Coast international for £24million in 2004.

"I know his personality very well and I know if he comes back he's not protected by history or what he's done for this club previously.

"He is coming with the mentality to make more history."

And Mourinho was keen to make it clear that Drogba will not just be around to make up the numbers.

'I think we need him as a player, we need him as a player for our squad to be the way I like because I like the squad with different qualities.

'Not just as football players, in terms of personalities. I like to have players with different personalities.

'I think as a player and a person he's someone we need to be strong.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2708437/Didier-Drogba-takes-original-No-15-shirt-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-says-like-hes-holiday.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2706402/DROGBA-IM-HERE-FOR-BUSINESS.html

If Jose is not rated Drogba as a player, I doubt Jose will said all those words.

Where do you get that kind of impression from? From what Jose said, it is clear he is still rated Drogba as one of the best strikers in Europe and several times said that we need him as a player.

If Jose is not rated Drogba as a player, I doubt Jose will said all those words.

Jose's said a lot that he doesn't mean. it's kinda obvious that Drogba isn't anymore, just like Torres is. He won't come straight out and say stuff because in the grand scheme of things, it just wouldn't be right for Drogba to hear it. But its really kinda obvious.

Ladies and gentlemen, please!.... Let's judge jose after a couple of regular season games and not some bs preseason game against wb,where he was clearly experimenting with tactics and players,that probably won't even be on our team... Let's see what happens after the brasilians and Shirley come back.. Let's relax and judge this wonderful team after they play a few meaningful games.

The over-reaction on this forum sometimes is laughable. It is pre-season for crying out loud. You experiment with different players and systems. The whole idea of freindlies during pre-season is to get as match fit/sharp as possible before the start of the season. Shake out the cobwebs. They have probable done no work on the opposition in the days leading up to it. Yet one bad game and thats it... the worlds going to end. Fucking ridiculous it really is.

He's definitely got a point about City there though, they're finding too many potential loopholes with FFP. The sponsorship deals, the buying of clubs..

But on the other hand, he's living up to his reputation as a voyeur.