The Mourinho Thread

Seing Mourinho still choose torres as 2nd striker, and saying clearly about mikel as matic backup :fainthv9: not van ginkel or another player

Making me sad about my problem with this great manager, Mourinho really rarely to developing talent

With young player, he only care if that player is having extremely talented (ala varane) and good mentality

if just excellent talent and having good will to learn, mourinho hardly to trust him and try everything to help that young player

He always pick experience player even having very mediocre skill to play in the match than exciting youngster which worth to giving some patience to play in first team

And because of that , this season

we stuck with mediocre shit player :fainthv9: (very average technically) but with good patience and fine mentality (accept to rarely pick as starter in our squad)

meanwhile our great youngster, which worth to develop is playing elsewhere (again and again) :rolleyes:

If they stay in our squad, Our excellent youngster just became 4th choice player in specific position, which mostly never play :cry:

I think mourinho REALLY need change his approach if mou really want in the future chelsea have their academy player break to the first team

like he said recently about baker and co

One thing that I don't understand from Mourinho criticism is the "there's no movements upfront, don't we make attackings movements in training blablabla". Arrigo Sachi, Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola have said multiple of times that their jobs is to find a way to bring the ball to the attacking players and then their creativity have to do the rest. What do you want José to do ?

There is no ultimate solution to beat a parked bus, a manager isn't a magician.

One thing that I don't understand from Mourinho criticism is the "there's no movements upfront, don't we make attackings movements in training blablabla". Arrigo Sachi, Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola have said multiple of times that their jobs is to find a way to bring the ball to the attacking players and then their creativity have to do the rest. What do you want José to do ?

Of course there is a solution ..it is called Creativity

I think mourinho REALLY need change his approach if mou really want in the future chelsea have their academy player break to the first team

like he said recently about baker and co

This obsession with having a first team composed of homegrown players needs to end.

This trash-talk originally appeared due to the success of Barcelona's academy, which was actually no more than the luck of having several talented players be a part of the same generation. The sofa-managers who still dazzle at this idea, don't seem to have noticed both Manchester United and Barcelona, two clubs which brag about "giving the youth a chance" have been splashing dozens of millions this summer because their academy is not delivering anything top quality now, thus proving that it has nothing to do with "giving more chances to the kids" but actually "having the kids who are worth giving a chance to".

Mourinho introduces academy players to the first team just as often as any other top manager. At Real Madrid, he promoted Varane, Nacho and Morata in 3 years (I'm only mentioning the ones who had success, because he also gave a chance to plenty of others who failed to make an impact). In comparison, Ancelotti has so far only promoted Jese. Looking at Bayern Munich, Guardiola's rate of promoting youth hasn't been bigger than that either.

The fact is that being promoted to the first team depends more on the young players than the manager. I have yet to see a young Chelsea player leave the team for not being given a chance and then become a star elsewhere, like it happened with Pogba at Man United.

This obsession with having a first team composed of homegrown players needs to end.

This trash-talk originally appeared due to the success of Barcelona's academy, which was actually no more than the luck of having several talented players be a part of the same generation. The sofa-managers who still dazzle at this idea, don't seem to have noticed both Manchester United and Barcelona, two clubs which brag about "giving the youth a chance" have been splashing dozens of millions this summer because their academy is not delivering anything top quality now, thus proving that it has nothing to do with "giving more chances to the kids" but actually "having the kids who are worth giving a chance to".

Mourinho introduces academy players to the first team just as often as any other top manager. At Real Madrid, he promoted Varane, Nacho and Morata in 3 years (I'm only mentioning the ones who had success, because he also gave a chance to plenty of others who failed to make an impact). In comparison, Ancelotti has so far only promoted Jese. Looking at Bayern Munich, Guardiola's rate of promoting youth hasn't been bigger than that either.

The fact is that being promoted to the first team depends more on the young players than the manager. I have yet to see a young Chelsea player leave the team for not being given a chance and then become a star elsewhere, like it happened with Pogba at Man United.

Without HG players the squad is limited to 17 players plus under 21s not enough for a 60+ game season with most playing up to 10 interationals as well

I disagree re HG, I think a HG core off about six players is important in football but that's for another argument.

About the youth tho, you couldnt be more spot on, people don't seem to get how complicated youth development actually is, every single time we don't throw a youth product in we are apparently what's wrong with football and ruin there careers, even some of our own lot jump on the bandwagon ffs.

I mean if RLC was the best midfield option we have, mentally, technically and tactically he would play, it's that simple.

Answer this with absolute honesty. Do we look like a well drilled offensive unit to you?

And to answer your question yes there's a solution for parked defences and that solution starts with a clear philosophy which is rigorously practised and perfected over time and even in its peak, a team is bound to come unstuck occasionally against parked defences but those occurrences are few and far between which is the reason the top teams generally beat and break down parked defences more times than they fail. we on the otherhand struggle more times, atleast from a performance pov, under similar circumstances which isn't unique to us as every other top teams in Europe cope quite fine with it.

An observer looking from the outside only needs to watch just a couple of our matches against parked defences to recognise the distinct lack of tactical offensive patterns such as off the ball movements, combination plays, link up and hold up plays, fullbacks overlapping to create added width, incisive passing and so on. This isn't some random series of events, it starts from a manager having an appreciation for the creative side of football and implementing the philosophy through rigorous work on the training ground.

It may not be an "ultimate solution" (Nothing is perfect) but it's a darn good one that has proven to be effective and yielded success over the years.

And the most frustrating thing is that everyone knows what these teams are going to do and how they will set up against us 99% of the time yet we still can't figure out a way to overcome it.

Answer this with absolute honesty. Do we look like a well drilled offensive unit to you?

And to answer your question yes there's a solution for parked defences and that solution starts with a clear philosophy which is rigorously practised and perfected over time and even in its peak, a team is bound to come unstuck occasionally against parked defences but those occurrences are few and far between which is the reason the top teams generally beat and break down parked defences more times than they fail. we on the otherhand struggle more times, atleast from a performance pov, under similar circumstances which isn't unique to us as every other top teams in Europe cope quite fine with it.

An observer looking from the outside only needs to watch just a couple of our matches against parked defences to recognise the distinct lack of tactical offensive patterns such as off the ball movements, combination plays, link up and hold up plays, fullbacks overlapping to create added width, incisive passing and so on. This isn't some random series of events, it starts from a manager having an appreciation for the creative side of football and implementing the philosophy through rigorous work on the training ground.

It may not be an "ultimate solution" (Nothing is perfect) but it's a darn good one that has proven to be effective and yielded success over the years.

I think we do when we play with a number of player who understand each other and play regularly together. For example, in the month of January/February last year, we won practically every game (11W,2D) and Eden/Oscar/Willian got a good run of games together and we seemed like a team who could beat anybody.

"the distinct lack of tactical offensive patterns such as off the ball movements, combination plays, link up and hold up plays, fullbacks overlapping to create added width, incisive passing and so on" "it starts from a manager having an appreciation for the creative side of football and implementing the philosophy through rigorous work on the training ground. "

http://garycurneen.com/archives/1514 Read that if you think that we don't train offensive patterns.

More than that, why his Real was so easy against parked bus and why ten years ago when he was here we beat everyone who was in front of us ?

I disagree re HG, I think a HG core off about six players is important in football but that's for another argument.

About the youth tho, you couldnt be more spot on, people don't seem to get how complicated youth development actually is, every single time we don't throw a youth product in we are apparently what's wrong with football and ruin there careers, even some of our own lot jump on the bandwagon ffs.

I mean if RLC was the best midfield option we have, mentally, technically and tactically he would play, it's that simple.

They think that because Barcelona and United had a golden generation everyone should have it.

But hey if it was that easy then why United has not had another one since class of 92?

Why they must spend a lot of money now?

Same goes for Barcelona, why they have to spend a lot of money on Suarez?

Those are very unique cases where you get like 3 or 4 amazing players coming all at once.

Cause realistically a youth coming from the club falls more in the ratio of 10 to 1.

Is that low and rare to have a product from your youth come and be into the first 11.

*This is mainly for a top club though. For a smaller club like Everton, Southampton, A. Villa and such is different.

Today's match was a pre-season training. They were getting fit, while Mourinho was tweaking new formations. It's not that Mourinho can't train the players in attacking movement, it's that he isn't pressing on that training enough.

But we lost to the small teams last season bcos when they give us the ball, we pass awfully (hazard dribbles alone without any help for a one-two from teammates, ramires with a poor pass, luiz with a hopefull long pass/shot, ivanovic free to cross to no one all the time and slow movement throughout) we should take the teamplay moves as more of a priority in training this season. 90mins without any one-twos or practiced triangle possession movement is not acceptable this season. We can't only practice moves on the counter and ignore moves in possession play. Annoying to see us play like we are a group of players forced to play together.

I don't even care how we beat the big teams, it's just not good if the smaller teams starto becoming confident, knowing if they park the bus, they don't lose.