The Mourinho Thread

It not at all. If Costa gets injured, what happens then?

If we sell Cech, what happens then?

You have to be prepared for the worst scenario. You clearly aren't!

Neither Cech's potential sale nor Costa's injury would trigger a "spending spree" like you are suggesting. Costa's injury would probably force us to spend at max 30m on another top striker but Cech's sale will open no room for another goal keeper. Chelsea has had Schwarzer as backup for Cech for years, we can have him as backup for Courtois too.

Neither Cech's potential sale nor Costa's injury would trigger a "spending spree" like you are suggesting. Costa's injury would probably force us to spend at max 30m on another top striker but Cech's sale will open no room for another goal keeper. Chelsea has had Schwarzer as backup for Cech for years, we can have him as backup for Courtois too.

I am not talking about a massive spree, but improvements. If Mourinho could do what he wanted; I am sure he would be after another world class CF, CM, and CB.

Cavani, Pogba & Benatia come to mind. Certain players we have in our squad wouldn't have been present in his first spell.

Just hope we'll sign another decent striker. If Costa gets tired/injured, which happened last season with him, we'll be without a reasonable striker. And the false 9 isnt working for us at all, so please get someone in. Should have never resigned Didier in the first place, so that he would take a foreigner spot in our squad...

Jose Mourinho believes ×Chelsea are re-discovering the grit and character that is needed if they are to emerge as champions.

He takes his team to ×Turf Moor this weekend where they will face a passionate crowd and ­opposition who will deny them time and space.

It was the same scenario faced by ×Chelsea towards the end of last season when they lost 1-0 at Crystal Palace – and Mourinho was in no doubt what his team lacked that day.

He was reluctant to say it publicly and instead wrote “BALLS” on a scrap of paper (above).

So what about now? He said: “You have to have that habit of winning when it is cold, raining, hot or when the sun is shining.

“You need to be able to play against teams who give you space and teams who put 10 men behind the ball. You need to do that every week. Be strong every week.

“When I came here I did not find that. I found a team that was good to reach knockout levels, but not for a competitive ­marathon.”

And he believes the team will show the character that he knows is needed to win the Premier League.

He has brought in proven campaigners in Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Filipe Luis and Didier Drogba. And he is convinced the younger players will benefit from last season.

Mourinho said: “For some, like ×Eden Hazard and Oscar, it was something new to them to go in that direction. This time, they will be much better prepared.”

He is also delighted with the way ×Costa has adapted to life at Stamford Bridge after his move from Atletico Madrid.

He admitted: “He was in Portugal and I never looked at him! He went to Atletico and Sergio Aguero was the ­superstar, so Diego went on loan. Then, they brought in Radamel Falcao – and Diego went out on loan. He was behind very ­important players.

“When the chance came to go back, he showed he was better than the previous ones.

“But he is still the same honest, naïve, warm guy from a small village in Brazil that is, as we say, beyond the sunset.

“He ­interacts in the group and has conversations… even though he knows only 10 words of English.”

Mourinho sees no problem with having what he calls “two of the best goalkeepers in the world” in his squad with ×Petr Cech and Thibaut Courtois. He said: “The problem would be if I had no good goalkeepers.

“Can we keep them both? Yes. We are Chelsea. We can.”

And he steered clear of bragging about silverware that he believes will come Chelsea’s way this season after a fruitless first campaign.

He added: “I believe there are five or six teams who will call themselves contenders, and all I’ll say is that we are contenders.

“There is no league in the world like this one where five or six teams can say that.

“All I can say is we are contenders. If we play good, if we play well and if someone finishes above us, then they are better and that is ­football.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-diego-costa-better-4061994

one player stil has to go because of too many foreigners.

1 or 2 injuries and we have the same problem as always.

ON paper there is enough cover due to the versatility of players like Azpi, Iva and FAbregas. Though in reality when some players have to cover multiple positions they will be tired at the end of the season as they were last season.

I can't believe we are surrenering 6 squad places because we deliberatley and unnecessarily shipped out 4+ homegrown players.

Who gives a shit about Bertrand's and Moses development? They will never have high resale value either and don't cost that much but would have done a job when called upon. The advantages of keeping them outweigh the risk of having a squad that is too thin by far.

one player stil has to go because of too many foreigners.

1 or 2 players and we have the same problem as always.

ON paper there is enough cover due to the versatility of players like Azpi, Iva and FAbregas. Though in reality when some players have to cover multiple positions they will be tired at the end of the season as they were last season.

I can't believe we are surrenering 6 squad places because we deliberatley and unnecessarily shipped out 4+ homegrown players.

Who gives a shit about Bertrand's and Moses development? They will never have high resale value either and don't cost that much but would have done a job when called upon. The advantages of keeping them outweigh the risk of having a squad that is too thin by far.

Moses and Bertrand don't have a future here. We can't stick players with us ONLY because they are HG.