The Mourinho Thread

Jose Mourinho: Why I've signed Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Filipe Luis and Didier Drogba

Mourinho on Costa: “He’s a great addition for us. He is a fantastic player. “Technically he is very, very good. That’s why, lots of the players, they are so happy and so surprised, because his quality is even higher than what they expect. “He is so strong physically and he gives so much effort during matches. “When somebody sees him play, the first thing that gets into their eyes is exactly that, the capacity to work hard for the team, and to be so powerful and so strong physically."

“I see him [Fabregas] as somebody who thinks football faster than the majority of the player. “He is the kind of player we need in our midfield to bring us to a different dimension. “The ball possession, the speed of the circulation, the decisive pass. He has everything.

“[With Drogba] the killer instinct is there, the technique to score goals is still there.“He is still very strong physically. Mentally, exactly the same."

Jose On Luis: “Filipe Luis is experienced. Very stable, very reliable. He is a player who normally does not make mistakes.“He is left-footed and likes to attack. We need that also, especially against teams who close a lot. We need that kind of creativity.

“We went for stability with Diego, Cesc and Felipe."

How many times have people on this forum banged on about the things I've just highlighted? is Mourinho reading this forum? :lol:

In all seriousness, It's great he's coming out and speaking openly about his plans for the upcoming season, the youngsters and now our signings.

Don't know about you guys but I find the prospect of Matic, Fabregas, Hazard and Costa quite mouth-watering.

Jose Mourinho: Why I've signed Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Filipe Luis and Didier Drogba

Mourinho on Costa: “He’s a great addition for us. He is a fantastic player. “Technically he is very, very good. That’s why, lots of the players, they are so happy and so surprised, because his quality is even higher than what they expect. “He is so strong physically and he gives so much effort during matches. “When somebody sees him play, the first thing that gets into their eyes is exactly that, the capacity to work hard for the team, and to be so powerful and so strong physically."

“I see him [Fabregas] as somebody who thinks football faster than the majority of the player. “He is the kind of player we need in our midfield to bring us to a different dimension. “The ball possession, the speed of the circulation, the decisive pass. He has everything.

“[With Drogba] the killer instinct is there, the technique to score goals is still there.“He is still very strong physically. Mentally, exactly the same."

Jose On Luis: “Filipe Luis is experienced. Very stable, very reliable. He is a player who normally does not make mistakes.“He is left-footed and likes to attack. We need that also, especially against teams who close a lot. We need that kind of creativity.

“We went for stability with Diego, Cesc and Felipe."

How many times have people on this forum banged on about the things I've just highlighted? is Mourinho reading this forum? :lol:

In all seriousness, It's great he's coming out and speaking openly about his plans for the upcoming season, the youngsters and now our signings.

Or maybe, there are spies in the forum. :ph34r:

By that interview and when asked about Cech his reply doesn't fill me with confidence at all. I think he will leave.

Especially when he said "the market is open", he said the same before the departure of Mata.

Unless Cech wants to leave, I don't want to see another legend leave. [emoji17]

By that interview and when asked about Cech his reply doesn't fill me with confidence at all. I think he will leave.

Exactly what I thought. He sounds like he's going to regretfully and reluctantly have to sell Cech.

Why does he say he needs to remove one non HG player ... we need to move 2.

My guess is , when Cech decides to stay for now until at least January, he won't register Mark as the 3rd keeper, Blackman will do. Also probably Romeu will be send out on loan, maybe only for an half year. So that's -2 non HG, at January if Cech+Mikel (after he received his British passport) decides to leave, Mou can edit the squad list by adding Mark as the back up and call back Romeu from his loan spell. I guess that's why Mou extended the contracts of Mark and Romeu, to have a solid 2nd keeper and back up for Matic in case Mikel+Cech want to leave.

My guess is , when Cech decides to stay for now until at least January, he won't register Mark as the 3rd keeper, Blackman will do. Also probably Romeu will be send out on loan, maybe only for an half year. So that's -2 non HG, at January if Cech+Mikel (after he received his British passport) decides to leave, Mou can edit the squad list by adding Mark as the back up and call back Romeu from his loan spell. I guess that's why Mou extended the contracts of Mark and Romeu, to have a solid 2nd keeper and back up for Matic in case Mikel+Cech want to leave.

or he can already leave Mikel out of one of two squads (UCL or EPL) now. He did that with Essien last season, that wasn't registered in UCL, only Marco.

Mourinho has set everything up for this season so he must deliver some kind of silverware. We have a very good squad this season which Mourinho had moulded himself so he can't complain about expectations. Hopefully we can win the title and get a good run in Europe.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/mourinho--hard-to-choose.html

I agree with him that we shouldn't worry too hard with the options we have for the number 10 position. Clearly Oscar is first choice for that position, but we already have a plan B and C with Willian and Cesc. Mikel is still going to be important also, because we need someone to come in late in the game and prevent other teams from scoring.

One more player will be leaving and it isn't Torres. Mou needs to make a big decision.

He said the one to leave will not be a senior player. So my guess is, it's between Van Ginkel and Romeu.

One more player will be leaving and it isn't Torres. Mou needs to make a big decision.

One?

Thibaut, cech, mark

Iva, azpi, luis

Matic, rambo, mvg, romeu, mikel

Hazard, willian, schurrle, oscar, salah

Costa, dd, torres

That's 19. We need to let go off 2 players.