The Mourinho Thread

Lol, United fans are going nuts over his comment. Most are saying he's bitter he didn't get the United job :lol:

Still talking about the United job ? I say its the contrary, its them who are disapointed to have had Moyes instead of him.Jealousy, like Brian Clough once said, its destructive.How blind they are...

Cech, Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Zouma, Luis, Aké

Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Mikel, Van Ginkel, Romeu

Willian, Salah, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle

Costa, Drogba, Torres, Lukaku

Marin and Moses will most likely leave. 4 HG players, one being 4th choice GK.

A bit heavy in centre midfield. Wonder how he'll juggle playing time there. One or two player might never play.

Can't imagine all four strikers staying either. Torres isn't going anywhere so I don't think Lukaku will be a Chelsea player next season.

This squad has to win.

Mourinho expects to bring a couple of them into the first-team squad for the coming campaign, and believes the future is bright.

‘We are going to have (Andreas) Christensen and (Nathan) Ake, who are coming from the Academy,’ he said. ‘We are going to have training with us, but also playing for the Under-21 team, (Dominic) Solanke, (Jeremie) Boga and (Izzy) Brown.

‘The other ones who are a bit older, 20 or 21, we feel they need to compete against men in a different league, people like Bamford, Swift, Chalobah. They are ready to go to other clubs and have a good loan.

‘What we are trying to do, and we believe we are going to be successful, is in a few years’ time, when they are between 20 and 23, we will have them back at the right moment and in the first-team squad.’

From the Official Site.

well, I don't think based solely in the games that Izzy Brown should be promoted to the first team - especially in a position we're stocked, but as usual, I'll trust Mourinho's assessment.

I miss Baker in either list (training with the first team or being loaned). He was better than everyone else except Boga imo and he isn't mentioned at all. I feel for the kid.

Good luck for the boys being promoted.

^Maybe he just forgot to mention Baker. Like LDN said, remains to be seen what 'first team' means. Aside from the experience of being around top players and Mourinho, I'm not sure what good it'll do Christensen to be 5th 3rd choice CB here. I'd have thought Chalobah, who's further along in his development, would've had a better shot at being a squad option, especially considering his versatility and Mourinho's praise of him last season.

Have to say, Mourinho has certainly pulled no punches with what he has said. He has been sending out the message that "we'll be challenging for the titles", "we are ready to compete" etc and that practically means, should he find any excuses next season, it could well fall flat on his face. Considering Mourinho's nature, am surprised he has taken a bold and initiative approach rather than trying to play the 'underdog' cards. Gonna be interesting to see what happens next season.

Have to say, Mourinho has certainly pulled no punches with what he has said. He has been sending out the message that "we'll be challenging for the titles", "we are ready to compete" etc and that practically means, should he find any excuses next season, it could well fall flat on his face. Considering Mourinho's nature, am surprised he has taken a bold and initiative approach rather than trying to play the 'underdog' cards. Gonna be interesting to see what happens next season.

04/05 season all over again, mark my words.

From the Official Site.

well, I don't think based solely in the games that Izzy Brown should be promoted to the first team - especially in a position we're stocked, but as usual, I'll trust Mourinho's assessment.

I miss Baker in either list (training with the first team or being loaned). He was better than everyone else except Boga imo and he isn't mentioned at all. I feel for the kid.

Good luck for the boys being promoted.

Basically that means that we will not see any of these players in the blu shirt again.Christensen would be the fifth CB and because of his lack in experience,he will play maybe against a third league oppenent in the FA Cup,which for me is not enough.

If Luis should have an injury,Mou will play Azpilicueta as a LB,which means that Ake will also not get his chances.

Boga will train with the first team,but Mou says that Boga will play for the U21,so we can conclude that,even with his exceptional talent,Mou will not give him a chance and if Boga is somehow lucky,he will maybe make his debut and get one minute against a week team.

I hoped that Mou would change at least a little bit in our way we treat talents.In my opinion,Baker,Boga and Ake are ready for more chances,especially the first two.Ake would be a decent back up against weak and mid table teams,but Boga and Baker are ready to play more.Maybe not CL,but at least some PL is the least you can expect.

I only see one thing that Oscar can do better than Boga and that is tackling.In all other things,I think that Boga is already better.Oscar is not bad,don´t get me wrong,but Boga is such a great talent.

At least,we will see Boga and Musonda together in the blues shirt in the U21 team.I would love to see them both together on the pitch destroying all kinds of teams

Basically that means that we will not see any of these players in the blu shirt again.Christensen would be the fifth CB and because of his lack in experience,he will play maybe against a third league oppenent in the FA Cup,which for me is not enough.

If Luis should have an injury,Mou will play Azpilicueta as a LB,which means that Ake will also not get his chances.

Boga will train with the first team,but Mou says that Boga will play for the U21,so we can conclude that,even with his exceptional talent,Mou will not give him a chance and if Boga is somehow lucky,he will maybe make his debut and get one minute against a week team.

I hoped that Mou would change at least a little bit in our way we treat talents.In my opinion,Baker,Boga and Ake are ready for more chances,especially the first two.Ake would be a decent back up against weak and mid table teams,but Boga and Baker are ready to play more.Maybe not CL,but at least some PL is the least you can expect.

I only see one thing that Oscar can do better than Boga and that is tackling.In all other things,I think that Boga is already better.Oscar is not bad,don´t get me wrong,but Boga is such a great talent.

At least,we will see Boga and Musonda together in the blues shirt in the U21 team.I would love to see them both together on the pitch destroying all kinds of teams

Keep on dreaming no way near.

he's been saying that for one year... it's not something new he just added to his speech.

I think he was honest last year and continues to be. We were in transition, he was getting to know the squad and see what they're made of (mentally speaking). Targeting titles would have been premature or wishful thinking, but even then he was speaking about how this current season we would step up.

Now he knows those players and he's added the key ones he believes he needed. Chelsea is a top team in England, what else is he supposed to say and do now?

He could still fail - after all we aren't the only top team in the country - but his speech last season concerning that season and this one has been coherent and reasonable imo.

I see nothing that surprises me.

It think its unfair to criticise Jose for youth development. Its no secret that our main priority is to win the league so if Jose feels that the use of young inexperienced players should be minimal then one can't really argue against it.

However I am sure he'll give them few chances in the Carling Cup and against opponents where we've established a strong lead. The exposure may not be much but I guess thats the best he can do considering the priority is to win a major trophy. Our academy players will get chances but it won't happen so soon. Managerial longevity is the key to youth development success and so we as fans must remain patient.

We must decide if we want to either win trophies this year or really develop young players because achieving both will not be possible. Rodgers used his first year at Liverpool to establish a philosophy and prepare for the future and this as a result lead them to finish outside the top 4. So, I guess its important that we do not worry so much and have faith in our manager and club.