The Mourinho Thread

He might be controversial but MrExcalibur is stating facts. Mourinho is despised by other rival fans. Just look at the comments on skysports and goal for instance when we lost our match against Atletico. People rejoice at us failing. I am not bothered because I don't care what other people think. But he is spot on.

Wenger has not won anything for years at Arsenal but like people have said he has done a brilliant job over the years when you consider the resources they have compared to Mourinho. Like it or not it does look like Wenger will win a trophy this season with Mourinho trophyless. But I was looking the reactions when we lost against Sunderland, Atletico and compared it with teams such as Arsenal and he lost much more respect when he slated Wenger. Other fans/teams just hate us/Mourinho. I also think that is part of the reason Enrique of Liverpool made that jibe against us when we lost to Atletico.

Mourinho is generally hated by non-Chelsea fans. I respect him as I think he is a world class manager even though some of his antics annoys me. But just wanted to state that people need to stop casually throwing around him being a "fake fan". Comments like that. He may be controversial but his aforementioned post is spot on. Can't see how others disagree.

To be fair SAF was also widely hated.

I'm still sorry Carlo left

I was thinking the same too...now a lot of fans wish he was back here...But thing is, back in 2010 when Inter knocked us out of the CL, many people were feeling the same way for Mourinho.

Guess the grass is always greener on the other side?

Anyway we are here, and I hope just for once, the current manager stays here for a bloody long time.

Yes, I would have been happy and celebrated the victory as a fan of course but I would never accept or agree with Jose's method and way of doing things regardless of the trophies. You can be successful without being a complete twat ala Ancelotti, Klopp,Guardiola et al.

In what way is he a twat?

I think it's gotten to the point where a lot of the reactions to the criticisms of Mourinho are just as knee-jerk as some of the criticisms itself. I admit that a few of the posts I've read on here slating Mourinho have been over the top, but at the same time there're some that have been legitimate criticisms. The problem I'm seeing here is that regardless of whether there're unreasonable or valid, any criticism of Mourinho is being met with angry accusations of being a glory hunter. This is exactly the same thing some members did in the beginning of the season when a few were saying that Oscar doesn't give us enough creativity and shouldn't be played in the number 10 position ahead of Mata. It was the same kind of reaction.......... "mata fanboy", "plastic fan" "support the club not the player".

It's normal to respond angrily to unpopular opinions (I'm not excused from that myself) but to start making accusations and calling lionsden or whoever, a plastic supporter just because they dare to hold a contrasting opinion from the normative thinking, crosses the line of reason.

I don't agree with everything Lionsden or MrExcalibur have said but I just think it's ridiculous that they're being treated with so little civility by a few on here when really, they haven't said anything so outrageous to warrant that kind of treatment. It's not like they've said "Mourinho will be the death of Chelsea. Sack him now". What they've said is that Mourinho has certain flaws that they don't like and they've been brave enough to verbalize them rather than follow the flock.

Imo I think what we've seen in the champions league this season isn't really the "death of tika taka" but what can happen when a coach isn't flexible and when a coach prescribes too rigidly to one type of system.

Mourinho needs to evolve as a coach and he needs to evolve his tactics. If saying so makes me a shit supporter, then ya'll can kiss my ass. :chai:

I love you, marry me now!

I was thinking the same too...now a lot of fans wish he was back here...But thing is, back in 2010 when Inter knocked us out of the CL, many people were feeling the same way for Mourinho.

Guess the grass is always greener on the other side?

Anyway we are here, and I hope just for once, the current manager stays here for a bloody long time.

if he starts being the coach of Chelsea and not The ........

In what way is he a twat?

This must be a joke. Let's see: Constantly making controversial remarks about opposition manager's, teams and players, throwing his own players under the bus, Never taking responsibilities for his own failures and would rather blame every one but himself, cringeworthy press conferences and post match interviews from time to time. and that's just this season alone. . . . including the eye poke incident and such will be too obvious.

I think it's gotten to the point where a lot of the reactions to the criticisms of Mourinho are just as knee-jerk as some of the criticisms itself. I admit that a few of the posts I've read on here slating Mourinho have been over the top, but at the same time there're some that have been legitimate criticisms. The problem I'm seeing here is that regardless of whether there're unreasonable or valid, any criticism of Mourinho is being met with angry accusations of being a glory hunter. This is exactly the same thing some members did in the beginning of the season when a few were saying that Oscar doesn't give us enough creativity and shouldn't be played in the number 10 position ahead of Mata. It was the same kind of reaction.......... "mata fanboy", "plastic fan" "support the club not the player".

It's normal to respond angrily to unpopular opinions (I'm not excused from that myself) but to start making accusations and calling lionsden or whoever, a plastic supporter just because they dare to hold a contrasting opinion from the normative thinking, crosses the line of reason.

I don't agree with everything Lionsden or MrExcalibur have said but I just think it's ridiculous that they're being treated with so little civility by a few on here when really, they haven't said anything so outrageous to warrant that kind of treatment. It's not like they've said "Mourinho will be the death of Chelsea. Sack him now". What they've said is that Mourinho has certain flaws that they don't like and they've been brave enough to verbalize them rather than follow the flock.

Imo I think what we've seen in the champions league this season isn't really the "death of tika taka" but what can happen when a coach isn't flexible and when a coach prescribes too rigidly to one type of system.

Mourinho needs to evolve as a coach and he needs to evolve his tactics. If saying so makes me a shit supporter, then ya'll can kiss my ass. :chai:

:clap::clap:

From recent interviews Mourinho is clearly suggesting that the Sunderland and Villa defeats can be justified (and not categorised in the same boat as the Palace game) because of the controversial refereeing decisions. I hope he doesn't actually believe that it was solely the referees' fault we lost those games we were very poor and it's a bit delusional to think otherwise.

From recent interviews Mourinho is clearly suggesting that the Sunderland and Villa defeats can be justified (and not categorised in the same boat as the Palace game) because of the controversial refereeing decisions. I hope he doesn't actually believe that it was solely the referees' fault we lost those games we were very poor and it's a bit delusional to think otherwise.

Exactly.Cant blame the ref when the performance is shite to begin with

Needs to be a plan B which doesnt seem to be the case of late.I'd rather see us attack and go for it and loose then sit back defend and yet they sneak a goal or end up drawing mainly due to them not being able to finish their chances more then the other way round.Against some it works.Against the lower half or so it doesnt espically when they're not afraid and go for it themselves

To think Arsenal fans have stuck by Wenger for most of his 8 years without a trophy (Only recently have they wanted him sacked). Too many glory hunters around.

So you dont mind if Chelsea turns into Arsenal?

Personaly I dont demand titles, what I would like to see is better football, think BVB style. Eventualy titles will come too.

This must be a joke. Let's see: Constantly making controversial remarks about opposition manager's, teams and players, throwing his own players under the bus, Never taking responsibilities for his own failures and would rather blame every one but himself, cringeworthy press conferences and post match interviews from time to time. and that's just this season alone. . . . including the eye poke incident and such will be too obvious.

I wonder what coach are you talking about?

Coaches that made controversial remarks about opposition coaches this season - Pellegrini, Wenger, Rodgers, Moyes.

About opposition teams and players - same people.

Throwing players under the bus - care to give any example of Mourinho doing it?

Never taking responsibilities - any of Mourinho's interviews after matches contradict your statement.

I suppose just too many people here confuse political correctness with class and prefer to have the former.

For me - give me clasless Mourinho who always stands by his people over classy Guardiola who never once found time to visit his supposedly best friend who was getting treatment for terminal illness 600 meters from his house.

But for each their own.