The Mourinho Thread

I am not looking forward to when the day comes when Roman will probably sack or fire Jose again.

If Roman Says Jose is giving to much negatvity to the Chelsea FC Brand.

The Manager must not be bigger than The Team or the most interesting part of the Team that The Press or Media look forward to the most.

The Media/Press are going to have a field day on TV Sports Channels/Sports Radio Stations/Sports News Websites when probably Roman Sacks Jose Mourinho if he continues to be bad at Making terrible decisions on the way he behaves in Press Conferences or the way he speaks and causes more distractions for Chelsea FC and Causing more Press/Media to Destroy and Distract Chelsea with his Persona and Character. We need a Manager that is not more bigger than The Club or the Most interesting part of The Club.

I am not looking forward to when the day comes when Roman will probably sack or fire Jose again.

If Roman Says Jose is giving to much negatvity to the Chelsea FC Brand.

The Manager must not be bigger than The Team or the most interesting part of the Team that The Press or Media look forward to the most.

The Media/Press are going to have a field day on TV Sports Channels/Sports Radio Stations/Sports News Websites when probably Roman Sacks Jose Mourinho if he continues to be bad at Making terrible decisions on the way he behaves in Press Conferences or the way he speaks and causes more distractions for Chelsea FC and Causing more Press/Media to Destroy and Distract Chelsea with his Persona and Character. We need a Manager that is not more bigger than The Club or the Most interesting part of The Club.

Well, David Moyes is available.

Can't wait for the reaction if we draw the last two or, even worse, lose them.

I remember at the start of the season when José's return was announced, and quite a few members told everyone to calm down, and that the team was still lacking players in key positions, a winning mentality, stability etc. And I agreed. Even though we have spent so much money, we are still in transition, whether you like it or not. The fact that we are is a fair point of criticism, but we are. What I dread is the fact that some would rather have Rafa back to replace Mourinho. I mean, if we want managerial stability and we can't get behind fucking Jose Mourinho then who the fuck are we going to support?

Yes, you can criticize Mourinho and still want him the be our manager, but some people are taking it too far. On the other hand, you can't blame all our bad results on the lack of a true striker, but it remains a valid point that if we had a 20 goal striker, we would probably be better off.

What I would love is a relaxed discussion with no subtle references to sacking Mourinho or blaming only him. Too much to ask for I suppose. The players have let him down several times this season, and while Mourinho has also failed, I wouldn't put his defensive attitude towards him. After that Sunderland game I would have done exactly the same.

I was admittedly 50-50 on Jose returning, but I have no problem with backing him right now. The squad has lacked quality in center midfield and still lacks quality in center midfield, striker, and in fullback. I am pleased that Chelsea have CL next season, but it appears that one big reason CFC HAVE CL next season is not because of talent and "just enough" from the squad and Jose; it's because some other clubs have stumbled through the entire season.

I don't think Chelsea will have such a pass into the top four next season. It will only get harder next season (even if Liverpool fall in the table after hypothetically losing Suarez and playing more matches, etc.). Chelsea need better players (plural) in center midfield, striker and fullback(s) and need to play some effective, quick attacking football. We already know we can defend, so let's see some of the quick combination play up top that will take the tension and slow, distrustful habits away from this squad. vanGinkel could be a promising young player for the Prem, but he is an entirely unknown quantity -esp. after the knee injury. One center midfielder this summer is far from adequate.

My feeling on Mourinho is that he needs some time, but I also don't feel like he will be the one who stays long either unless Chelsea begin to play quick, accurate passes in possession. CFC need to become a side that is confident in playing quick passes more often, taking a little risk and trusting one another despite any breakdowns in such quick attacks. To become a side that can score in any match, at any moment--not just park the bus and wait for the opponent slip-up nor play too much dribble-and-look or ponderous possession play. This is the play that gives Chelsea low confidence and a bad reputation around the world. To get beyond this poor possession play and break opponents down with accuracy, speed, and a little risk is the challenge for Chelsea Football Club's future and for Jose --and for any subsequent managers.

Today´s news, there are more & more stories about Jose´s tactics.

It will continue for months on. All because of his big mouth. One week he questions players' commitments, next week he tells us his strikers are playing well. Lol.

Personally, I am glad this shit is just about over & let´s see what Jose brings to us in the next season.

I was admittedly 50-50 on Jose returning, but I have no problem with backing him right now. The squad has lacked quality in center midfield and still lacks quality in center midfield, striker, and in fullback. I am pleased that Chelsea have CL next season, but it appears that one big reason CFC HAVE CL next season is not because of talent and "just enough" from the squad and Jose; it's because some other clubs have stumbled through the entire season.

I don't think Chelsea will have such a pass into the top four next season. It will only get harder next season (even if Liverpool fall in the table after hypothetically losing Suarez and playing more matches, etc.). Chelsea need better players (plural) in center midfield, striker and fullback(s) and need to play some effective, quick attacking football. We already know we can defend, so let's see some of the quick combination play up top that will take the tension and slow, distrustful habits away from this squad. vanGinkel could be a promising young player for the Prem, but he is an entirely unknown quantity -esp. after the knee injury. One center midfielder this summer is far from adequate.

My feeling on Mourinho is that he needs some time, but I also don't feel like he will be the one who stays long either unless Chelsea begin to play quick, accurate passes in possession. CFC need to become a side that is confident in playing quick passes more often, taking a little risk and trusting one another despite any breakdowns in such quick attacks. To become a side that can score in any match, at any moment--not just park the bus and wait for the opponent slip-up nor play too much dribble-and-look or ponderous possession play. This is the play that gives Chelsea low confidence and a bad reputation around the world. To get beyond this poor possession play and break opponents down with accuracy, speed, and a little risk is the challenge for Chelsea Football Club's future and for Jose --and for any subsequent managers.

Agreed. Investments are needed and investments in plural indeed. We all pretty much know where we need to strenghten, and it is fair, IMO to criticize our team for not playing better football despite the money previously invested. Fair enough. But to claim Mourinho has a team that can play expansive football AND win is a stretch. I agree that we probably need 3-4 new players to compete for the title, let us hope we do get those! :)

Can't wait for next season, I'm quite curious to see who we will get during the summer. If we get a new CM, a fullback and a striker then I expect us to play good football. I completely trust Jose with this squad, he has already proven himself in the past and he'll do it again.

Cheers love. Absolutely appreciated this post. Apologies if I meaner or impugn or insult....or maybe even spell a word incorrectly (that covers me right???)

Logged on, expecting lionsden and mr excalibur and a few others to have slated this team as soon as the match finished (probably even a bit before) and I thought to myself it was a shit game. Absolutely dire. But who cares? Sunny day, Bank holiday wandering out of the Bridge heading towards the river fancying a cider - do you know what that's like? To walk out of a shitty game, moaning to a mate about spunking £60 up a wall for that? It's actually pretty funny at the end of the day. A norwich supporter can count the number of tenners they lost on one hand.

But that's football. It isn't all champagne in Munich. It isn't all open top buses, there's a few shitty results like today where the lack of a striker is self-evident and the lack of quality is fucking awful. But I got speaking to an old boy later on and he spoke about the pleasure of seeing Eden Hazard on the ball. The utter joy in his voice at seeing such a great player in the team and it got me thinking...

There's a fair few CUNTS on this forum who do nothing but slate the team. They know who they are because I've name checked a few of them. Here's the proposition.

One year from now. Henrique, lionsden, excalibur, styles, laura90, theskipper, whomever....I'll put up the cost of the servers for one year against you guys. If we win the league, you pay up EACH. If we don't, I'll pay up. You want to criticise, put your money where your mouths are or shut up.

I'm bored of the constant criticism. I look at you guys and you have nothing invested in the success of this team bar a fleeting interest in bpasting about a win on Facebook to what are surely your equally tiresome, irredeemably identical 'friends'. So here's a chance to be invested in Chelsea Football Club's success, via TalkChelsea. All six of you have to agree to it and if anyone else wants to bet against us winning the league you're welcome.

Wooow, what is this?! I mainly read this forum. I've read a lot because a forum let people express their opinions, even if it's critism. When written in a respectful manner there's absolutely no problem with critism. And there's always the mods to intervene when it gets out of hand (namecalling, ad hominem,...). A beautiful thing to be able to express yourself and be heard. Absolutely no need to ask people to shut up. Awful post, really awful.

Mourinho fan boys wont accept he had a worse season that Benitez who not only had a terrible squad, but did not spend 100 million and was constantly under pressure from the fans. Playing style wise we have even regressed. Dont tell me Benitez did not win game becasue he won against Man Utd, Arsenal, Drew at Liverpool, Tottenham who had Bale, won the europa league with an injured Hazard and no bench cover, played on the counter just as Mou seems to play and overall his football was much better on the eye compared to this rubbish Mourinho has had us endure all season. I honestly wish we still had Carlo, he was not a drama queen, played good football and promoted the youth players too.

I think it's gotten to the point where a lot of the reactions to the criticisms of Mourinho are just as knee-jerk as some of the criticisms itself. I admit that a few of the posts I've read on here slating Mourinho have been over the top, but at the same time there're some that have been legitimate criticisms. The problem I'm seeing here is that regardless of whether there're unreasonable or valid, any criticism of Mourinho is being met with angry accusations of being a glory hunter. This is exactly the same thing some members did in the beginning of the season when a few were saying that Oscar doesn't give us enough creativity and shouldn't be played in the number 10 position ahead of Mata. It was the same kind of reaction.......... "mata fanboy", "plastic fan" "support the club not the player".

It's normal to respond angrily to unpopular opinions (I'm not excused from that myself) but to start making accusations and calling lionsden or whoever, a plastic supporter just because they dare to hold a contrasting opinion from the normative thinking, crosses the line of reason.

I don't agree with everything Lionsden or MrExcalibur have said but I just think it's ridiculous that they're being treated with so little civility by a few on here when really, they haven't said anything so outrageous to warrant that kind of treatment. It's not like they've said "Mourinho will be the death of Chelsea. Sack him now". What they've said is that Mourinho has certain flaws that they don't like and they've been brave enough to verbalize them rather than follow the flock.

Imo I think what we've seen in the champions league this season isn't really the "death of tika taka" but what can happen when a coach isn't flexible and when a coach prescribes too rigidly to one type of system.

Mourinho needs to evolve as a coach and he needs to evolve his tactics. If saying so makes me a shit supporter, then ya'll can kiss my ass. :chai:

Well said. :clap:

Agreed. Investments are needed and investments in plural indeed. We all pretty much know where we need to strenghten, and it is fair, IMO to criticize our team for not playing better football despite the money previously invested. Fair enough. But to claim Mourinho has a team that can play expansive football AND win is a stretch. I agree that we probably need 3-4 new players to compete for the title, let us hope we do get those! :)

I would not and was not suggesting that Jose and CFC were ready to play more "expansive" football this season--and win enough. fullback and center midfield were inadequate from August last year--let alone the striker problem. But I will keep repeating the need for more quality in center midfield than just one new player this summer and the need to play quicker passes to pull and penetrate the opponent. Chelsea have LOST this ability and have shown it far too infrequently for years. It's going to be ugly if CFC go into the next season playing slow possession and get destroyed by a quick-passing, rejuvenated ManUtd squad. I don't want the Blues to be stuck for another 10 years with the label of billionaire club that cannot play above 3rd gear, unable to scare an opponent with attack speed and combination play.

See what I mean? Saying anything remotely negative about Mourinho now equals to slating the club to some. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Measured criticism is fine but repeating the same old shit week in and week out is dull as fuck. This season hasn't been perfect but some people change like the wind, going from last Sunday's jubilation to shitting on the team this week. Some people simply don't know the meaning of the word support and now this 'victimisation' thing you're trying to hide behind is even more tiresome.

Exactly. Saying anything negative about Mourinho is like committing a crime on this forum...

Oh waaaahhhh.....

No it's not. Measured criticism is fine but some people aren't capable of that. Some people want everything now rather than having anything remotely approaching patience.

They even regurgitate the same shit about us parking the bus that rival fans use. It's pathetic.

Lol you still deny you're not patronising? even you criticise, maybe not Mourinho but Luiz? Ramires? Oscar?

I'v admitted I can be patronising. I've also criticised Mourinho, but admitted I was wrong as well. He's building something in his first season here.

Luiz and Ramires have been here long enough for me to have a fair idea of who they are and what they are capable of. I've actually defended players like Schurrle, Matic and Salah because they're new to this club and I understand that they need time. I've criticised Oscar for his poor form but I've also said he was our most important player at the start of the season, and he deserves patience.

So if you want to criticise me, at least get your facts right.

I would not and was not suggesting that Jose and CFC were ready to play more "expansive" football this season--and win enough. fullback and center midfield were inadequate from August last year--let alone the striker problem. But I will keep repeating the need for more quality in center midfield than just one new player this summer and the need to play quicker passes to pull and penetrate the opponent. Chelsea have LOST this ability and have shown it far too infrequently for years. It's going to be ugly if CFC go into the next season playing slow possession and get destroyed by a quick-passing, rejuvenated ManUtd squad. I don't want the Blues to be stuck for another 10 years with the label of billionaire club that cannot play above 3rd gear, unable to scare an opponent with attack speed and combination play.

I know you have not been suggesting that we are ready, but other posters have. I was merely referring to those :)

Since everyone has the right to express his opinion here, why anyone should question it?

Those who do not like it, I have a simple solution. Do not read or respond to it.

Every day for the past month or so, we read about Jose´s antics & some of you do not want to address it? Lol.

Since everyone has the right to express his opinion here, why anyone should question it?

Those who do not like it, I have a simple solution. Do not read or respond to it.

Every day for the past month or so, we read about Jose´s antics & some of you do not want to address it? Lol.

You are such a hypocrite.