The Mourinho Thread

Our line up at home could have been more attacking. Why have two DMF's at home against Norwich?!

We were the home team, and we should be taking the initiative.

what? since we were the home team we should start the match with 3 strikers and 5 AMs?

we play football a particular way. we were 2 points of the top of the table with a CL semi final with that kind of play. we did take the initiative.we finished the match with 2 strikers and 3 ams.

u know what, this week, madrid and barca also drew. specially madrid who had the league in the hands after knowing that ATM lost and barca had drawn. should they be accused of the same. results can go wrong sometimes. u cant blame jose for everythin.

I think it's gotten to the point where a lot of the reactions to the criticisms of Mourinho are just as knee-jerk as some of the criticisms itself. I admit that a few of the posts I've read on here slating Mourinho have been over the top, but at the same time there're some that have been legitimate criticisms. The problem I'm seeing here is that regardless of whether there're unreasonable or valid, any criticism of Mourinho is being met with angry accusations of being a glory hunter. This is exactly the same thing some members did in the beginning of the season when a few were saying that Oscar doesn't give us enough creativity and shouldn't be played in the number 10 position ahead of Mata. It was the same kind of reaction.......... "mata fanboy", "plastic fan" "support the club not the player".

It's normal to respond angrily to unpopular opinions (I'm not excused from that myself) but to start making accusations and calling lionsden or whoever, a plastic supporter just because they dare to hold a contrasting opinion from the normative thinking, crosses the line of reason.

I don't agree with everything Lionsden or MrExcalibur have said but I just think it's ridiculous that they're being treated with so little civility by a few on here when really, they haven't said anything so outrageous to warrant that kind of treatment. It's not like they've said "Mourinho will be the death of Chelsea. Sack him now". What they've said is that Mourinho has certain flaws that they don't like and they've been brave enough to verbalize them rather than follow the flock.

Imo I think what we've seen in the champions league this season isn't really the "death of tika taka" but what can happen when a coach isn't flexible and when a coach prescribes too rigidly to one type of system.

Mourinho needs to evolve as a coach and he needs to evolve his tactics. If saying so makes me a shit supporter, then ya'll can kiss my ass. :chai:

Gems like this help me keep the faith in this forum.

I love you, marry me now!

Damn son, beat me to it! :D

what? since we were the home team we should start the match with 3 strikers and 5 AMs?

we play football a particular way. we were 2 points of the top of the table with a CL semi final with that kind of play. we did take the initiative.we finished the match with 2 strikers and 3 ams.

u know what, this week, madrid and barca also drew. specially madrid who had the league in the hands after knowing that ATM lost and barca had drawn. should they be accused of the same. results can go wrong sometimes. u cant blame jose for everythin.

I ain't blaming Jose for everything, but just stating the facts. Also, RM drew to one of the EL semifinalists & and not to a team who is all but relegated.

The bottom line is, EVERYONE has to take part of the blame. We are a team!

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but this will be the first time in the Abramovich era a manager wins nothing for a full season and does not get sacked?

probably cos ROMAN atlast understands the importance of managerial stability.

I ain't blaming Jose for everything, but just stating the facts. Also, RM drew to one of the EL semifinalists & and not to a team who is all but relegated.

The bottom line is, EVERYONE has to take part of the blame. We are a team!

precisely!! EVERYONE!!! jose for not being able to motivate the players properly specially for the 1st half and the players for giving us that shit of a performance. but the "defensive tactics" thing dont come into play anywhere.

we lost to the la liga leaders (ahead of barca and RM) and this forum labelled it a massive failure. since then people having been at jose's throat. so forgive me for not being as kind to RM.

precisely!! EVERYONE!!! jose for not being able to motivate the players properly specially for the 1st half and the players for giving us that shit of a performance. but the "defensive tactics" thing dont come into play anywhere.

we lost to the la liga leaders (ahead of barca and RM) and this forum labelled it a massive failure. since then people having been at jose's throat. so forgive me for not being as kind to RM.

we also lost to sunderland (twice ) and the Palace ,,, TTF the hoops got relegated last year

losing to top teams can be accepted ,, to the bottom teams can't ,, OK ????

teams have a bad phase. every team goes thru one of this phase at some point of time. ours has come now, unfortunately at the most crucial time in the league. u can even say that the players have choked under the pressure.

so what? lets all have a pop at our manager!!!!

teams have a bad phase. every team goes thru one of this phase at some point of time. ours has come now, unfortunately at the most crucial time in the league. u can even say that the players have choked under the pressure.

so what? lets all have a pop at our manager!!!!

I wouldn't if he didnt blame the players in public

Kl. I haven't been down Jose's throat at all, despite recent results. We need to shape up next season, and deliver on the pitch. No more excuses next season.