The Mourinho Thread

I think it's gotten to the point where a lot of the reactions to the criticisms of Mourinho are just as knee-jerk as some of the criticisms itself. I admit that a few of the posts I've read on here slating Mourinho have been over the top, but at the same time there're some that have been legitimate criticisms. The problem I'm seeing here is that regardless of whether there're unreasonable or valid, any criticism of Mourinho is being met with angry accusations of being a glory hunter. This is exactly the same thing some members did in the beginning of the season when a few were saying that Oscar doesn't give us enough creativity and shouldn't be played in the number 10 position ahead of Mata. It was the same kind of reaction.......... "mata fanboy", "plastic fan" "support the club not the player".

It's normal to respond angrily to unpopular opinions (I'm not excused from that myself) but to start making accusations and calling lionsden or whoever, a plastic supporter just because they dare to hold a contrasting opinion from the normative thinking, crosses the line of reason.

I don't agree with everything Lionsden or MrExcalibur have said but I just think it's ridiculous that they're being treated with so little civility by a few on here when really, they haven't said anything so outrageous to warrant that kind of treatment. It's not like they've said "Mourinho will be the death of Chelsea. Sack him now". What they've said is that Mourinho has certain flaws that they don't like and they've been brave enough to verbalize them rather than follow the flock.

Imo I think what we've seen in the champions league this season isn't really the "death of tika taka" but what can happen when a coach isn't flexible and when a coach prescribes too rigidly to one type of system.

Mourinho needs to evolve as a coach and he needs to evolve his tactics. If saying so makes me a shit supporter, then ya'll can kiss my ass. :chai:

Superb post. Personally I couldn't give a damn what the self righteous twat(s) have to say if I did I would have changed the way I post a long time ago to try to fit in or just left the forum altogether.

Yes, I would have been happy and celebrated the victory as a fan of course but I would never accept or agree with Jose's method and way of doing things regardless of the trophies. You can be successful without being a complete twat ala Ancelotti, Klopp,Guardiola et al.

Ibra and Eto'o would disagree, regarding PG.

I was sure he will bring players together...and he did. But he ended this season on low, 2 defeats and draw recently...plus the relation between Mou and Hazard, Luiz, Oscar,...seems quite uncertain. It could be just bullshit...but Im not even one bit ''happy'' with how our season is comming to end. Not because we crashed out of CL or havent got title, but because team should be united now and defense/midfield/attack solid, players in good understanding. But only defense is solid, and only when whole team defends. Our midfield is crap, always overrun, cant make few passes. Its no brainer we need CM in summer. Our attack...well we started well, but stalled. I see zero connection between Hazard and Oscar and Salah and Schurrle and Willian. Yes they play here together for short time and origin from different countries, leagues etc..but sometimes things just link up and work well. Like Mata and Hazard last year.

Also, partly because of draw and boring match (but we should win in first place), our last game at SB this season felt like no one gives a shit. Mou, fans, players...just being there and no one happy. Well I hope Mou has plan for next season.

We werent better team last season, but sure we had better attack IMO. Mata left because of Mou, I dont think it was good idea, Mou and Mata should simply fix the problems together, not making Mata leave. It could happen same with Hazard. But hey we can always bring Reus to play with Hazard next season :halo: And Cavani and...oh wait...Mou wants solidity in defense. He will bring another CB and DM. instead of attackers.

I also wonder why managers like Ancelotti,Klopp, Guardiola are well loved despite having recent success (since that's what you are implying with wenger comment i.e not seen as a threat). perhaps because they conduct themselves in a dignified manner and play attractive football.

guardiola is loved? LOL.

ancelotti is the nicest guy ever

klopp has won 2 bundesliga and jack squat except for that. when he wins the league in4 different counries plus CL with 2 of them plus all the domestic titles, then we ll talk.

Costa isn't that kind of player either though.

To control the ball in tight spaces between 2-3markers and get a shot off is (benzema, suarez, messi, balloteli, rossi, aguero, falcao, lewandoski)

I'm also worried that costa won't do what jose wants :(

I personally believe there isn't a better manager out there, but he needs to expand his gameplay. Defensive tactics can only take you so far. They have almost no use in games like today.

we were defensive? we used defensive tactics? how ? when? where?

we were unable to break down a defence. why? cos in the first half we had 3 players whose name i saw on the team sheet and that was the only way i knew they were playing (ba, lamps, salah). in the 2nd half, we tried. we huffed and we puffed. we hit the bar twice, but simply dint have the cutting edge.

we were unable to break down a defence. why? cos in the first half we had 3 players whose name i saw on the team sheet and that was the only way i knew they were playing (ba, lamps, salah). in the 2nd half, we tried. we huffed and we puffed. we hit the bar twice, but simply dint have the cutting edge.

90 minutes we never looked like a top 4 teaM

what is actually baffling is the support we are getting in our worst time of the season. we have ended the season on a major low. no way around that. had the PL in sight but simply let it go. at one point could have gone on to the CL final, but got outclassed.

this is the moment when fans should be getting behind the team. but what i am seeing is unbelievable.

calling our manager a "twat". posters like lionsden and excalibur are a disgrace.

would be really interesting to see what their reaction will be when we will be lifting the PL next season. oooohhhh!!! i am gonna enjoy that.

To control the ball in tight spaces between 2-3markers and get a shot off is (benzema, suarez, messi, balloteli, rossi, aguero, falcao, lewandoski)

I'm also worried that costa won't do what jose wants :(

Arguably Rooney also, although his performances have really fluctuated this season. Between him and Costa it's not even close in terms of technical ability and ability to play in tight spaces.

90 minutes we never looked like a top 4 teaM

that is different from saying "defensive tactics used by jose today are not meant for this match".

the players were simply not up for it. we are lacking any and all confidence. we have ended the season on a major low. we dint have a string of poor results until now and we have probably had it in the worst possible time. but to see how people react in the time of adversary shows who they really are. and a lot of people here have shown their true colours.

Arguably Rooney also, although his performances have really fluctuated this season. Between him and Costa it's not even close in terms of technical ability and ability to play in tight spaces.

What, Rooney is shocking in tight spaces nowadays, constantly gives away the ball. Maybe the Rooney of 2005 - 2006, but now he's just bad. I think Costa is actually pretty decent in tight spaces. The best I've seen in this regard is Aguero. For me when that guy is fit, he's the best striker in the world.

that is different from saying "defensive tactics used by jose today are not meant for this match".

the players were simply not up for it. we are lacking any and all confidence. we have ended the season on a major low. we dint have a string of poor results until now and we have probably had it in the worst possible time. but to see how people react in the time of adversary shows who they really are. and a lot of people here have shown their true colours.

Im saying we looked dreadful today ... we had a better chance of winning the title than Norwich did of staying up . There can be no way of excusing a dreadful result

What, Rooney is shocking in tight spaces nowadays, constantly gives away the ball. Maybe the Rooney of 2005 - 2006, but now he's just bad. I think Costa is actually pretty decent in tight spaces. The best I've seen in this regard is Aguero. For me when that guy is fit, he's the best striker in the world.

Rooney has been really inconsistent this season. One game he can be very, very good in tight spaces and the next he will be worse than Ba.

Our line up at home could have been more attacking. Why have two DMF's at home against Norwich?!

We were the home team, and we should be taking the initiative.

Im saying we looked dreadful today ... we had a better chance of winning the title than Norwich did of staying up . There can be no way of excusing a dreadful result

and i not giving any excuse for a poor result. we should be winning matches like these. hence why i said we have ended the season on a major low.

That's why he wanted rooney so bad. But this summer is just so poor in terms of available top strikers.

On Topic:-

I have watched our games this season and we seem to attack by spreading the ball to the wide men, waiting for them to beat their man, and then crossing or shooting. If it doesn't work, then we pass to ivanovic to cross, or we just shoot from distance. And worse of all, we do all this too slowly. Terrible tempo.

Its too simple to defend against, no combinations, I don't even see the small passing triangles I saw in the beginning of the season. No 1-2's, no link up between teammates and rare team play.

These are things practiced on the training ground. That's why even southampton players can look excellent when attacking, because their average players practice movements in training.

I think we don't do enough team combinations and it's made us look like we are over thinking in attack, slow and predictable against teams that defend deep.

I hope we get this fixed next season.