The Mourinho Thread

Impressive.

We need 8 wins in the last 10 games. Including against arsenal and liverpool and winning all our home games.

The amount of wins we need depend on City.

I do hope with three PL games piling up in March, in addition to the FA Cup and the leg back in Barcelona (I don't think they'll qualify in UCL, but with this Barcelona team you never know) that they feel the accumulation of matches and drop a few points. The only way for us to win the title is for them to drop points. Hypothetically if neither team drops another point, they're champs, not us. So it comes down to that. They are cracking right now and maybe they'll continue to crack, but it makes nothing to our title ambitions if they crack in the cups and don't crack at least a couple of times in the league.

The amount of wins we need depend on City.

I do hope with three PL games piling up in March, in addition to the FA Cup and the leg back in Barcelona (I don't think they'll qualify in UCL, but with this Barcelona team you never know) that they feel the accumulation of matches and drop a few points. The only way for us to win the title is for them to drop points. Hypothetically if neither team drops another point, they're champs, not us. So it comes down to that. They are cracking right now and maybe they'll continue to crack, but it makes nothing to our title ambitions if they crack in the cups and don't crack at least a couple of times in the league.

Your right that It depends on mancity slipping up. But I can't fault our guys if we pull 8 wins out of 10 now including against lpool and arsenal and we don't win the league. That will be a massive 87 points. Very rare to not win the league with more than 86points.

Lucky for us, city have manutd, lpool, arsenal, everton all away.

I don't think city can pull off 8 wins especially as the 2 games in hand(soon to be 3 with fa cup coming up) will be added in their increasing fixture list. They'll be playing every 3 days soon enough even if they go out of the champs lge

Your right that It depends on mancity slipping up. But I can't fault our guys if we pull 8 wins out of 10 now including against lpool and arsenal and we don't win the league. That will be a massive 87 points. Very rare to not win the league with more than 86points.

Lucky for us, city have manutd, lpool, arsenal, everton all away.

I don't think city can pull off 8 wins especially as the 2 games in hand(soon to be 3 with fa cup coming up) will be added in their increasing fixture list. They'll be playing every 3 days soon enough even if they go out of the champs lge

Also pretty sure they play United, Arsenal, Southampton at home and Liverpool away all back to back. Their goal difference gives them an advantage but most likely they will drop points.

People need to stop thinking this is the case & start realising that right now, we aren't a possession based side.

Yes we're meant to be more counter-attacking, but we end up playing possession based football against sides that just sit in front of their goal..

So apparently he's pissed off because he didn't play against Barca despite getting MOTM awards in games leading up to it? First things first, I assume he's talking about the 2004-05 season because he hardly played the next year.

Ok, here's everything you need to know about Glen Johnson. Ignore the fact that we won the tie when we were the underdog the real tragedy is that poor Glen Johnson didn't get to play. You selfish prick. That's why Mourinho never liked you.

Secondly, I've had a quick google of our lineups in the league games leading up to both ties (played February 23rd and March 8th) and the only game he seems involved in is Spurs away on 15th January. He came off the bench in the League Cup final on 27/2.

He did start in two FA Cup games (Birmingham 30/1 and Newcastle 20/2) but so did Cudicini, Smertin and Jarosik in what was very much a second-string side.

I'm not calling him a liar because I might be wrong in my research but unless he thinks FA Cup games (one of which we lost) are going to lead to a Champions League start when you haven't been a regular in the league games then I'm not entirely sure what he's on about.

Read the first line:

"Glen Johnson is explaining why Brendan Rodgers is a better manager than Jose Mourinho."

LOLed then closed the article :lol:

I think I speak for all the non-deluded (eg. non-Liverpool) football fans when I say....

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA... Prick.