The Mourinho Thread

Although Arsenal have become slightly more pragmatic in their approach this season, which is evident at times, one gotta question if Wenger ever drills that defensive and tactical know-how into his team like say Mourinho does with ours. That team he put out against Liverpool may not necessarily be the wrong one but don't think they are tactically sound and defensively aggressive and solid to make it work despite having 5-6 attacking players. Other teams have had many attacking players like them in most games and yet still achieve positive results. Also I was wondering recently, looking at their midfield players, how many of them would actually even get to Mourinho's team when playing the bigger teams? Probably none.

good points. Though I'd insist by saying that a duck is still a duck no matter what you call it. :)

I'm all for rounded players, but when you have Arteta as your most defensive player in the midfield in a tough away match, there must be something wrong with your strategy and/or tactics. The other players are even more lightweight. Is it fair to ask Cazorla to go and win all aerial duels for example?

Seeing more quotes of José today saying he feels sorry for United and their current situation.

I've said this before, but it just doesn't sit right with me. It's a bit cringey. He'll stir the pot with Wenger and Pellegrini but goes soft when there's anything to do with United.

Wish he'd stick the dagger in and twist it a bit.

It happened again. I said something here and then José said the same in his presser a few hours/days later.

Why I don't have the same tendency with the lottery numbers? damn it!

You should be a journalist so you can ask questions to Mourinho. :D

CarloFan ‏@CarloFan 11m

Jose—"Lukaku, KdB, Courtois, Piazon...not all of them will have a career at #CFC but all are important in this new financial organisation."

seems like Piazon is gone in the summer. lukaku and courtois could also go..

Wow. That's a pretty telling quote I think.

I can see Lukaku being sold and Piazon too. Courtois we'd be insane to sell. We could use the former two to raise funds for a new forward.

CarloFan ‏@CarloFan 11m

Jose—"Lukaku, KdB, Courtois, Piazon...not all of them will have a career at #CFC but all are important in this new financial organisation."

seems like Piazon is gone in the summer. lukaku and courtois could also go..

That must be an old quote cause it's mentioning KDB?

Anyways, Piazon yeah even though he's doing good at Vitesse he is just too lightweight like KDB.

Doesn't seem like a player that will fit to the profile of the team that Mourinho is trying to build.

As soon as pellegrini had blurted that stuff up in thw presser, he would have been kicking himself. I had no doubt that jose had his answers prepared even before pele had said those stuff. But the way he got into the old guy is just AWESOME.

Jose is truly a master of mind games.this is gonna infuriate pele more than anything and more than just mou laying into him it's the way he first includes pele's profession and theb goes on to slate him. just GENIUS.

Seeing more quotes of José today saying he feels sorry for United and their current situation.

I've said this before, but it just doesn't sit right with me. It's a bit cringey. He'll stir the pot with Wenger and Pellegrini but goes soft when there's anything to do with United.

Sir Alex plead with Jose not to stick the dagger because by now moyes would have been an arsenal fan by now "a gonna" but the chess master knows when to strike

i knew right from the beginnig that pellegrini is a very good manager with a very short fuse.....it was very evident from the days at real and malaga....

he always let off the pitch things effect his on the pitch decisions.....Mourinho has smelled blood long time ago and is going at him again and again....

Kinda felt sad for him after their match against chelsea(sucked into a well planned trap!)....now after the norwich game he had to blow some steam and he tought the best way was to go at jose?!

talk about sheep walking into lions den.....the word suicide is too subtle!!

End of the season if chelsea is celebrating the PL ....pellegrini will be getting drunk(anything else that can knock him out!) and cursing himself for trying to play mourinho at his own game!!

A few members always accused jose and kept asking in the posts why he kept saying we are not in the race for PL.... He said he didnt expect chelsea to win it since we are not a title winning team according to him but arsenal and mancity is!....if at all chelsea is doing well thats bcz they are underperforming!!(he took all the pressure from us with some cock and bull story and put it on the other teams....) the very fact hes not talking much about arsenal says what he thinks their chances are ........

people forget mourinho has played his games during the times of SAF(biggest cunt imo) and won the PL B)

And that's why we are all glad that we have mou doing all this mind game plays. U reaally really really need to understand what mou has done here. He has played the long con. Since the start of the seaeon, he has vehemently asserted that city are the favourites to win the title race.

Somehow he has made sure that it looks like city are the awesone power gods and we are the hapless mortals. He has made sure that it seems like we are the underdogs (or a little horse to be preciae) while city are a record setting stallion. He has made it look like we are punching above our weight and who does not love an underdog.

The best thing is that while pele ignored him for 5 months, he not just replied but literally took on mou just days after city's firat hone PL loss, thus mKing him look bitter and desperate.

Just genius, is not it?

On the ither hand, if mou ridicules moyes and united (who are anyways a media favourite), he ends up gaining nothing at all while losing the tag of the media darling.

Just basic psychology. And mou is a master of that.so keep calm and enjoy the mou

Another way of looking at this is that you know that as a big club like United is not viewed as a threat or taken seriously anymore (at least this season) when someone like Mourinho starts to pity you.

1002209_10152262810054274_1817901675_n.j

Here's Mourinho's famous Hexagon in midfield.

That was initially used to show Chelsea's man-marking and why Ramires was deployed. Attacks vulnerability of Kolarov, especially when there was no Fernandinho with Luiz in the middle..

Is that like a 'thing'? like the Barcelona triangle :ph34r:

Mourinho's Hexagon just sounds so more bad ass B)

The so called famous Mourinho hexagon is the same as six of the famous so called Barcelona triangles, same thing different name.

Mourinho doesn't have a hexagon, barcelona doesn't have triangles. The hexagon is just made up of six triangles, and every time you have three players on a field, they will form a triangle.

But the Mourinho Hexagon does sound very badass B)