The Mourinho Thread

Not exactly parking the bus, but tempting them to open up more and allowing space for us to score goals.

What's then going to happen is the other teams are going to do the same and the games will become what the early Chelsea-Liverpool Champions League games. I don't think Roman wanted that 'shit on a stick' football back.

That's the problem, the term 'not bad' is not good enough for the sheer amount of talent fielded last night.

Our ball retention is a complete joke, if all else fails hit it long to Eto'o that should do it. Jose's after match comments couldn't of been any more wide of the mark, we weren't excellent attacking, we weren't playing well. It was a display that showed lack of commitment, lack of cutting edge again and showed all our deficiencies in large amounts once again.

What's then going to happen is the other teams are going to do the same and the games will become what the early Chelsea-Liverpool Champions League games. I don't think Roman wanted that 'shit on a stick' football back.

Thats a big "what if"

Its not like were going to play like in the champs league final in every match, that wasnt counter attacking, that was just all out defensive.

We'll just play more in the wings instead of coming through the middle at all. We'll stretch the play more, cross more, play faster and create more chances as a result. Instead of waiting for the perfect through ball through the middle

I get rotating and I'm all for it but changing the attacking midfield every fucking game is far from ideal. How does he expect the players to build any chemistry and understand where to move, when to pass etc when they don't even have to chance to gel together? It's just like last year when Benitez was around and changing our back-4 every single game.

I get rotating and I'm all for it but changing the attacking midfield every fucking game is far from ideal. How does he expect the players to build any chemistry and understand where to move, when to pass etc when they don't even have to chance to gel together? It's just like last year when Benitez was around and changing our back-4 every single game.

I said this a long time ago that team chemistry is more important than giving everybody game time. Now the attackers just plays like they met themselves for the first time

Thats a big "what if"

Its not like were going to play like in the champs league final in every match, that wasnt counter attacking, that was just all out defensive.

We'll just play more in the wings instead of coming through the middle at all. We'll stretch the play more, cross more, play faster and create more chances as a result. Instead of waiting for the perfect through ball through the middle

Excuse me, just in case you care to explain. How do you propose to play faster, cross more & create more chances, then ?

Have you not watched the team, lately ?

Excuse me, just in case you care to explain. How do you propose to play faster, cross more & create more chances, then ?

Have you not watched the team, lately ?

The team have been holding baseless possession, trying to play like barca and find the perfect through pass, that is not a mourinho system. Without mata it looks worse.

So scrap that, dribble at the flanks more and get crosses in and get forward fast on the counter. Only speed can open up a defense.

Unless there is a xavi or yaya toure for our pivot to give perfect through passes through the middle, slow possession between John terry and cahill is useless.

The team have been holding baseless possession, trying to play like barca and find the perfect through pass, that is not a mourinho system. Without mata it looks worse.

So scrap that, dribble at the flanks more and get crosses in and get forward fast on the counter. Only speed can open up a defense.

Unless there is a xavi or yaya toure for our pivot to give perfect through passes through the middle, slow possession between John terry and cahill is useless.

I am a bit puzzled by your claim here. Trying to play like Barca......NOT JOSE´S SYSTEM ?

May I ask, is he not Chelsea´s coach for 6 months or is he there only physically ? Does he not see it or what ?

That's the problem, the term 'not bad' is not good enough for the sheer amount of talent fielded last night.

Our ball retention is a complete joke, if all else fails hit it long to Eto'o that should do it. Jose's after match comments couldn't of been any more wide of the mark, we weren't excellent attacking, we weren't playing well. It was a display that showed lack of commitment, lack of cutting edge again and showed all our deficiencies in large amounts once again.

sorry can't agree, let me put this straight my not bad was actually ment like, we should've won this till the 80th min we were completely dominant in midfield and pressing well, but our striking department and our offensive-players were a disgrace, willian taken aside... he was again very good

I'd like to see us return to the dominating, speedy system of yesteryear and I think we have players that it suits. We're just lacking the midfield to do it.

I also think that system is completely wrong for Mata, but perfect for players like Hazard, Schurrle, Willian and Oscar.

I'd like us to also invest in defenders who are stoppers and just get the ball to the next level....and then we need that next level. Rami can drive the ball out of defence with pace and so could Guarin potentially.

If you look at our academy, we have players who are powerful and speedy so why not just make that our ethos? We seem perfectly set up to play that style effectively for the next decade.

Oh boy, styles, young players, buy new players....on & on.

Somehow, most of us refuse to admit that the squad is not playing well enough to win games, consistently.

How much longer are we going to wait to see this team of well paid players perform well, to be pleased to watch them play gradely football ?