The Mourinho Thread

I'd love to see us at least try one of the three in a false 9 for one game to see how it goes. Not holding my breathe on it though.

Hmm Would be interesting to see a front four of

------------Hazard

Schurrle--Mata--Willian

and just have them switch positions all the time.

Never gonna happen though.

I'd love to see us at least try one of the three in a false 9 for one game to see how it goes. Not holding my breathe on it though.

Well, I would too. However, as we all know, Jose is on a power trip. A very good coach, but a stubborn mule, my way or fuck you all.

Under his tenure, so far, losses, goal scored against, just not much, but all I read, the team was great, we just missed our chances...on & on, every week. I say, do something else! After all, he is paid well to correct this pathetic football team.

From the start of the second half, we looked a bit different, going on to score a goal. Then we had chances, didn't take them, and the players just didn't look like they gave a fuck. Not saying the performance has been brilliant, but it was tactically set up to be more than enough to get past Sunderland until we face Arsenal. Only thing I'd blame Mourinho would be about the angles and man-marking he seems to employ during set-pieces when zonal would have been so much better.

Simply not true. I watched only till the 70th minute (I've heard that it got worse after that) and I didn't see the team create chance after chance like you put it.

You know what I blame Jose for?our transfer window.I mean our midfield is so weak yet we only sign MVG(who was hardly going to be our saviour this season injury or no injury) when we could have went for Moutinho or Witsel who granted would have costed a lot but they would have improved our team so fucking much especially Moutinho who had a 23m release clause.Then we follow that up by not signing a quality striker and hoping against hope that United would sell one of their star players to their direct rivals and when inevitibly we fail to sign Rooney what do we do? we loan out our best striker and sign fucking Eto'o of all people :fainthv9: .Midfield,Striker and depth were our main problems last season and we only addressed one of them so no wonder we are struggling right now.

Simply not true. I watched only till the 70th minute (I've heard that it got worse after that) and I didn't see the team create chance after chance like you put it.

Excuse me, but I saw the game & had not seen many chances either.

After all, Chelsea did not even score one goal, yesterday. An own goal was scored, then.

I didn't say chance after chance. :blink:

There were two if IIRC, Eto'o's miss and Ba fluffing a shot.

We're not playing particularly well though already so if he's going to make an effort to become defensive then just how badly are we going to play? I can barely stomach our performances now as it stands.

He'll probably go into full counter attack football, making us faster on the ball and end this our slow passing bullshit. That way we win like how we played schalke. I feel mourinho is trying something new with us that he hasnt done before, that is why he's finding it hard to perfect it. So if we go into more counterattacking it could be more natural to mourinho with more goals than now.

He'll probably go into full counter attack football, making us faster on the ball and end this our slow passing bullshit. That way we win like how we played schalke. I feel mourinho is trying something new with us that he hasnt done before, that is why he's finding it hard to perfect it. So if we go into more counterattacking it could be more natural to mourinho with more goals than now.

True. This slow passing stuff is an obsession which Barcelona created, though in the final third they combine much better and always create that penetrating ball to score a goal. Their games aren't all that entertaining either. I would love to see more of the way we played against Schalke, problem being not many teams will open up like Schalke did.

It will fare us well against teams that aren't scared of attacking against us, cause then we can exploit the holes they create. However when it comes to smaller teams who are far better organized, we'll have problems.

Yes José inherited the squad, but you can also argue that he had the entire summer to address its deficiencies.

Every man and his dog knew that we were in dire need of a top quality DM but instead we buy MVG who is seen as 'one for the future' (I've nothing against him and I hope he comes back asap). He tried to make Lampard his 'Pirlo', which is completely laughable when you honestly think about it. And wanted to play him, a 35 year old, in almost every game while never giving the likes of Chalobah or Aké a chance.

As for the striker problem, I think the less said about that the better. I mean, bringing in a semi-retired Eto'o and loaning a guy who scored twice as much as Torres in the league last season, and in a lot less minutes? Seriously?

Not to mention spending £30m on a AM which could've been better invested in literally ANY OTHER POSITION AT ALL.

My point is, even if José is making these signings or not, he had his chance in the summer to put his foot down and say "I need at least 1 quality DM and/or ST" or "I want to develop 1 or 2 youth players this season" or "We don't need a £30m AM, the squad needs investment in other areas" etc. etc., but he didn't.

And I think that's why some people are annoyed, because they thought José would address these deficiencies straight away instead of waiting for another transfer window and going through yet another 'season of transition'.

True. This slow passing stuff is an obsession which Barcelona created, though in the final third they combine much better and always create that penetrating ball to score a goal. Their games aren't all that entertaining either. I would love to see more of the way we played against Schalke, problem being not many teams will open up like Schalke did.

It will fare us well against teams that aren't scared of attacking against us, cause then we can exploit the holes they create. However when it comes to smaller teams who are far better organized, we'll have problems.

Against smaller teams, we will still score if we dont keep holding possession between john terry and cahill. If we pass quickly to the forwards and shoot early, we'll always have the opportunity to intercept the ball from the opponents instead of the other way around.

That slow passing in the centre is killing us against those small teams. Mourinho is a manager that always played in the flanks and with dribbles which make the game faster. No matter how tight the smaller teams defense is, if we play faster and get shots off quicker we'll open them, prevent them from organizing their selves easily and far more chances will be created.

'This is not Jose's team'

- he had more than 2 months to buy the players he wanted

- his backup option to Rooney was Eto'o

- he assured De Bruyne of opportunities

- we allegedly rejected Barcelona offers for Luiz,

- loaned Romeu out knowing a single injury would leave us with a midfield of one novice, two pensioners and two other guys with limited facets to their play

- Schurrle's signing had his blessing

Obviously he hasn't been around to build a squad from scratch but it's not like he's been thrust into a season midway (see Benitez). This group of players is one he had obvious confidence in when he decided to start with them after working with them for 2 months first.

So we're going to concede possession and defend deep against the likes of Sunderland and Stoke now. Brilliant.

Best. Transition. Ever.

'This is not Jose's team'

- he had more than 2 months to buy the players he wanted

- his backup option to Rooney was Eto'o

- he assured De Bruyne of opportunities

- we allegedly rejected Barcelona offers for Luiz,

- loaned Romeu out knowing a single injury would leave us with a midfield of one novice, two pensioners and two other guys with limited facets to their play

- Schurrle's signing had his blessing

Obviously he hasn't been around to build a squad from scratch but it's not like he's been thrust into a season midway (see Benitez). This group of players is one he had obvious confidence in when he decided to start with them after working with them for 2 months first.

Jaimin posting again? :o Shit just got real!

:P

So we're going to concede possession and defend deep against the likes of Sunderland and Stoke now. Brilliant.

Best. Transition. Ever.

Not exactly parking the bus, but tempting them to open up more and allowing space for us to score goals.