The Mourinho Thread

Spoke to a friend in Madrid, long-time, multi-generational RM supporter. His viewpoint which he feels is shared by many RM supporters is that this team has taken on the negative characteristics of their manager and they don't like it. Drama with the manager and press, manager and players, players and players. Winning and trophies hides the ugliness. Losing and no trophies exposes it and RM supporters feel he's chipped away at the dignity of the RM institution, made it more about Jose, and less about RM. The club in Spain is bigger than player or manager and Jose hasn't respected that. He said Spanish football has a lot of drama, real and fake, but Jose has taken RM to soap opera status. Many feel he has out stayed his welcome and feel CFC fans will feel the same in a few years. He said "a little of Jose goes a long way".

Agree with all of this tbh, but I think Jose will reevaluate himself after this season.

I guarantee he will get constant support from us lot. Unlike at real Madrid. They haven't liked him for quite a while as his style isn't what their used to. He is also a Portuguese manager at a Spanish club which can't help matters. Madrid and chelsea are different teams. We both share managerial instability, and have a lot of money. But the situation at Madrid is different to the one here.

My view on Madrid is that they don't really want a manager, and certainly not one with personality like Mourinho. They want an accountant, someone who just sits quietly in the background and let's the money do it's thing on the pitch.

Despite this Mourinho will leave Real Madrid with the highest win percentage of all managers who have taken charge of more than 100 games.

And being sacked by Madrid isn't the worst thing in the world - just ask Heynckes when he brings his Bayern Munich team to Wembley next week.

That's why you deserves MOTM. :tophat:

My view on Madrid is that they don't really want a manager, and certainly not one with personality like Mourinho. They want an accountant, someone who just sits quietly in the background and let's the money do it's thing on the pitch.

Despite this Mourinho will leave Real Madrid with the highest win percentage of all managers who have taken charge of more than 100 games.

And being sacked by Madrid isn't the worst thing in the world - just ask Heynckes when he brings his Bayern Munich team to Wembley next week.

Great post.

Agree with all of this tbh, but I think Jose will reevaluate himself after this season.

Yeah like AVB, he fucked up and he has improve.

To be fair, I would love to have AVB back more then Mourinho. Because for the team we are building that is where AVB is greater then Mourinho.

It was just a pity that the Chelsea job came too early for him. He needed more experience, like Mourinho has experience with different clubs, and especially at Madrid.

Mourinho will learn a lot about the Madrid experience, as AVB learned about his Chelsea time.

Who's also been sacked by Bayern before that, just to add. The notion that you should never go back to an old team isn't always true.

Infact i think it works as often if not more often than it doesn't, if not more.

For one Dalglish there's a group like Guus, Jupp and Harry.

By October i don't even think this will feel like a second coming.