The Mourinho Thread

What would it say about Mourinho if he walks away now when things are bad? If he's the coach we're led to believe wouldn't he have the professional pride to want to stay and make things right? What does it say about him if he leaves when things are tough?

What would it say about Mourinho if he walks away now when things are bad? If he's the coach we're led to believe wouldn't he have the professional pride to want to stay and make things right? What does it say about him if he leaves when things are tough?

I thought things were quite tough for him after his first season at Real because of Barcelona's dominance. He responded with winning the league the next season.

Madrid are a circus, worse than us. I think he's going because he hasn't really got a choice to stay IMO. Real Madrid aren't really in a bad position, they've just had a bad season - they don't need that much fixing.

If he doesn't leave then he can't come here at all. So he has to leave to get here. And in any case who cares. Real madrid don't like him. We love him. Come manage us. Simples.

Sometimes things just don't work out. Sometimes you enter a situation where the things that need to be changed can't be and when you try, you burn your bridges. Real Madrid is a very tough club to manage, almost unlike any other.

Here at least he will get the support from the supporters and also the media and in reality, who else is there at this moment in time?

I thought things were quite tough for him after his first season at Real because of Barcelona's dominance. He responded with winning the league the next season.

Madrid are a circus, worse than us. I think he's going because he hasn't really got a choice to stay IMO. Real Madrid aren't really in a bad position, they've just had a bad season - they don't need that much fixing.

So why not stay and try to make things right next year? Why run away with your tail between your legs?

What happens when we have a bad season? Will he run away too?

So why not stay and try to make things right next year? Why run away with your tail between your legs?

I actually think he wouldn't mind staying but there's too much bad blood at the moment and at a club like Madrid they won't let him stay there for another season IMO.

You have very valid points on Mourinho though, he won't be a guaranteed success - no one is - and his season this year at Madrid hasn't been stellar, far from it, but with his affiliation with CFC, and his overall managerial record, there are far more pros than cons in him coming here in my opinion.

If he doesn't leave then he can't come here at all. So he has to leave to get here. And in any case who cares. Real madrid don't like him. We love him. Come manage us. Simples.

He doesn't have to leave though. Real Madrid don't like him because he has divided their club.

Run away? Dude, he is José Mourinho, he never run away from responsabilities.But in this case, its almost impossible for him to stay because he is so good, that actually even with a season like that, its isnt good enough because of the expectations.

Sometimes things just don't work out. Sometimes you enter a situation where the things that need to be changed can't be and when you try, you burn your bridges. Real Madrid is a very tough club to manage, almost unlike any other.

Here at least he will get the support from the supporters and also the media and in reality, who else is there at this moment in time?

You've almost described our club there. We're not easy to manage. Our club is no less chaotic than Madrid.

He will get support initially but if we have a bad season, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility, then that can and will probably change.

You've almost described our club there. We're not easy to manage. Our club is no less chaotic than Madrid.

He will get support initially but if we have a bad season, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility, then that can and will probably change.

fear-leads-to-anger-anger-leads-to-hate-

Nobody is safe: Chelsea-bound Jose Mourinho given eyebrow-raising warning by ex-Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti

Jose Mourinho has been told he should "be worried" about getting the sack on his return to Chelsea.

Mourinho has now told friends he HAS agreed to return to Stamford Bridge, where he won two Premier League titles as boss between 2004 and 2007, on a £12million-a-year contract.

The move 'home' to the Blues will be confirmed after the end of his current team Real Madrid's season.

SL-Benfica-v-Chelsea-FC-UEFA-Europa-LeagYou've GOT Mourinho: Chelsea fans' managerial wish is being granted
Michael Regan/Getty

Real have been informed of Mourinho's agreement with the Blues, and they have left the announcement up to the 50-year-old Portuguese.

It is understood the clubs have reached a compromise on the £10m compensation package owed to Real.

However, former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has suggested that even the Special One will not be safe, because of owner Roman Abramovich's trigger-happy ways.

Ancelotti was axed by the Blues just a year after leading them to a historic Double of Premier League and FA Cup triumphs.

And he has joked that Mourinho could easily go the same way - and Andre Villas-Boas and Roberto Di Matteo, neither of whom lasted a year in charge of the west Londoners.

Paris Saint-Germain boss Ancelotti, who, ironically, is red-hot favourite to replace Mourinho at Real after winning the French title this season, said: "It can happen at Chelsea sometimes ... Chelsea is different.

image-31-for-4-9-11-gallery-463886744.jpBin 'em and win 'em: Ancelotti marvels at Chelsea's ability to cope with managerial changes

"Honestly, it's different, because when I arrived there one manager was sacked - and yet we won.

"They sacked me and sacked Villas-Boas - then they won the Champions League.

"They sacked Di Matteo - LE

"I think the manager that goes next year has to be worried.

"I'm joking. Mourinho's a fantastic manager and he had a fantastic experience at Chelsea."

I used to enjoy watching Madrid a while ago, but I really, really dislike this Real side.

Spoke to a friend in Madrid, long-time, multi-generational RM supporter. His viewpoint which he feels is shared by many RM supporters is that this team has taken on the negative characteristics of their manager and they don't like it. Drama with the manager and press, manager and players, players and players. Winning and trophies hides the ugliness. Losing and no trophies exposes it and RM supporters feel he's chipped away at the dignity of the RM institution, made it more about Jose, and less about RM. The club in Spain is bigger than player or manager and Jose hasn't respected that. He said Spanish football has a lot of drama, real and fake, but Jose has taken RM to soap opera status. Many feel he has out stayed his welcome and feel CFC fans will feel the same in a few years. He said "a little of Jose goes a long way".