The Mourinho Thread

??? at least spell correctly . 5 grammatical and spelling errors in four words is most impressive .

i'm sorry this made me laugh. ,,,,,,,, ///

Well, we always knew the book was going to be just images with little captions, can't understand the surprise in there.

Compare to some clubs, they aren't really trigger happy.

I think you don't know much about the Agnelli family. They don't hesitate pulling the trigger at all as you see in the link I posted.

From http://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/jun/18/europeanfootball.sport

Second place is definitely not good enough for Juventus. Sometimes first place doesn't even cut it.

Juve announced that they had sacked Carlo Ancelotti at half-time during their 2-1 win over Atalanta on Sunday. Never mind that he had recently signed a two-year extension to his contract. Never mind that it was their 11th game without defeat.

They are as ruthless as any other rich owner you mentioned. The difference is that they understand football better than our board. I think Klopp will have trouble now as he has to work with the Liverpool board who seem clueless compared to the people he used to work with.

You compared Allegri's record to Conte's, but last year they did not just change their manager they also transferred a striker who steps up in important games. That's why I mentioned Morata. I already wrote that I agree Conte should have done better with the squad he had.

Chelsea are considering Diego Simeone as a replacement for Jose Mourinho but will have to pay £15m to get the Atletico Madrid boss out of his contract in Spain. (Sunday Mirror)

Mourinho will be backed by Chelsea with transfer funds in January, and will make a £36m move for Everton defender John Stones. (Sunday Expres)

Chelsea are considering Diego Simeone as a replacement for Jose Mourinho but will have to pay £15m to get the Atletico Madrid boss out of his contract in Spain. (Sunday Mirror)

Mourinho will be backed by Chelsea with transfer funds in January, and will make a £36m move for Everton defender John Stones. (Sunday Expres)

To pay 15m for new manager?? Apparently, BS.

If (for some people) Jose is boring, Simeone is super boring.

Believe me, Atletico de Madrid is my team in Spain and Simeone is an extra defensive manager. Perfect for a small team like Atletico de Madrid (small if is compared with Real Madrid or Barcelona), but IMO Simeone would not make us better.

If (for some people) Jose is boring, Simeone is super boring.

Believe me, Atletico de Madrid is my team in Spain and Simeone is an extra defensive manager. Perfect for a small team like Atletico de Madrid (small if is compared with Real Madrid or Barcelona), but IMO Simeone would not make us better.

can he make the super duper tough decision of dropping under-performing players? if yes, then he will make us better.

can he make the super duper tough decision of dropping under-performing players? if yes, then he will make us better.

But Simeone is also a manager which bet very strong in the "old school" in his starting eleven. Simeone is like Jose. If he came to Chelsea I am sure he will continue to use players like Iva, JT or Fabregas.

Mourinho and Simeone have the same characteristics. The only difference between them is that Jose is important for us and Simeone is important for Atletico Madrid. But both love the "Old School".

But Simeone is also a manager which bet very strong in the "old school" in his starting eleven. Simeone is like Jose. If he came to Chelsea I am sure he will continue to use players like Iva, JT or Fabregas.

Mourinho and Simeone have the same characteristics. The only difference between them is that Jose is important for us and Simeone is important for Atletico Madrid. But both love the "Old School".

Does Simeone give youth a chance?

i am pretty sure no manager on the face of the earth would have started iva against everton/porto/soton if he actually had the club's best interest as his first priority.

To pay 15m for new manager?? Apparently, BS.

The Mirror have almost certainly just plucked that figure/release clause out of thin air and I can't see any truth in the article, but £15m for one of the best managers in the world isn't that much when you compare it to the kind of sums we pay for players nowhere near an equivalent level (e.g. £27m for Cuadrado).

Simeone is not perfect by any means and it's true that ultimately he is a cynical, defensive manager. It's clear to see why his style would turn off a lot of Chelsea fans and many would prefer something completely different like Guardiola. That said, personally I really enjoy watching Atleti because of the intensity they play at (which requires mobility and makes it unlikely that he'd continue with Ivanovic, Terry and Cesc) and how effective they generally are at nullifying the opposition. It tends to be a lot more controlled and well-executed than the type of defending that relies on opposition wastefulness and good goalkeeping, something which has become increasingly common in Mourinho's set-up.

He likes a mixture of youth and experience. In Atleti's last match (against Real Madrid, no less) he started with five players aged 30+ in addition to five players aged 24 or younger, including three 20-year-olds, and he brought on another 2 players of this type.

Yes. But it is also true that Simone bet on young players because Atletico de Madrid is a team with less economic power than Chelsea and they need to create young players and then selling them to other teams. in Chelsea IMO Simeone would be a different manager, very similar to Jose.

But Simeone is always surrounded by an "old school" of veteran players (like Godin, Miranda, Juanfran, Tiago, Gabi ...) which are totally untouchable for him.