The Mourinho Thread

PSG are getting absolutely annihilated. Yes, we aren't Barcelona, but the manner in which we played in the 1st leg was terrible. Maybe if we took the game to them, we could have gotten a win. And don't even get me started on the 2nd leg. PSG aren't a great team. We made them look better than they actually were.

Tactically, it was a very poor performance by Mourinho in both legs.

Its been a month, get over it. Or just keep moaning, its welcome here hence the title of the thread. :)

PSG are getting absolutely annihilated. Yes, we aren't Barcelona, but the manner in which we played in the 1st leg was terrible. Maybe if we took the game to them, we could have gotten a win. And don't even get me started on the 2nd leg. PSG aren't a great team. We made them look better than they actually were.

Perhaps Pep should be our manager. :clown:

Fact is, every system can be countered.

Perhaps Pep should be our manager. :clown:

Fact is, every system can be countered.

Pep will be worse, I think in the Premier league. The guy is too much of a fundamentalist to his system. But at least he has a system. What is Mourinho's system in big games? In all seriousness now, I'm asking a honest question. Whatever "system" it is, it doesn't befit a big team like Chelsea. Anytime I remember the way we played in the 1st leg, it makes me sad inside.

Pep will be worse, I think in the Premier league. The guy is too much of a fundamentalist to his system. But at least he has a system. What is Mourinho's system in big games? In all seriousness now, I'm asking a honest question. Whatever "system" it is, it doesn't befit a big team like Chelsea. Anytime I remember the way we played in the 1st leg, it makes me sad inside.

Are you saying parking the bus isn't a system :Goober:

No mention of the fact PSG were without Motta and Verratti. Barca are great but they never killed PSG in Paris like this, when both where present.

How inexplicably terrible that Mourinho Pep is , how can he play Boateng at striker/false 9 when he has the great youngstar Mitchell Weiser on the bench. He is not giving the Bayern youngsters a chance. Why even call him up when he is not going to play him?? This is indefensible! Urghh! I have no words to describe how mad I am :ph34r:

No mention of the fact PSG were without Motta and Verratti. Barca are great but they never killed PSG in Paris like this, when both where present.

Good point. No Motta, Verratti, Zlatan and unfit CBs. I still think Barca would've won though and gone through comfortably over 2 legs. Group stage matches aren't the same. Even Ajax are capable of giving Barca a hard time in the group stages. Suarez, Messi and Neymar is too much firepower.

Absolutely. Barca is the favorite imo. They are amazing.

They aren't the best defensively and do give you a chance. Away to very difficult sides in the league/domestic cup like Sevilla, Valencia, Atleti and Real they have looked especially shaky at the back but I guess that's what Enrique wants - for the game to become stretched and for the opposition to go (or try to go) toe-to-toe with them. It hasn't always worked: they drew to Sevilla, lost to Madrid and were rather lucky to win at Valencia (last minute) and Atleti in the cup (clear pen denied followed by Barca goal), but at home they are formidable and ultimately a team whose attack is Neymar-Suarez-Messi has to be favourites.

As for Guardiola, 2nd season in a row his team is getting humiliated. A good manager but very overrated.

Beside all the missing players, Bayern will still get through I believe, so I think a single defeat shouldnt overshadow the huge work Pep have odne at Bayern.Wait & See