The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho out, Avram Grant in, etc. etc.

Got it wrong tonight but even he isn't perfect. That being said the team completely ignored his instructions to press and play less deep.

Mourinho wasn't out there on the pitch. Blame the likes of Costa, Willian, Ramires and Cesc for their spineless performances instead.

That is the key bit, are the players ignoring it or DID HE TELL THEM TO DO IT?

We did it for the majority of the match even with 11 men, surely by around 10-15 mins of doing so he would tell them that? We only tried to press higher at the start of the 1st half of extra time.

Got it wrong tonight but even he isn't perfect. That being said the team completely ignored his instructions to press and play less deep.

Maybe they already have that wired into them by the manager, like the old Chelsea. That was already evident all the way back vs United this season. Last season too. We score a goal and the players are scared to death to force the issue. Personally I prefer to blame the manager for the cowardly and pathetic performance in the 1st leg.

The fact there are games we play were we don't even try to win is a disgrace for a big team. Pellegrini said we play like a small team and the cunt was right.

We did it for the majority of the match even with 11 men, surely by around 10-15 mins of doing so he would tell them that? We only tried to press higher at the start of the 1st half of extra time.

I think he did, going from the replays. Hard to say unless you were there and next to the dugout, but it appeared as if he was gesticulating for the midfield to press more.

Mourinho wasn't out there on the pitch. Blame the likes of Costa, Willian, Ramires and Cesc for their spineless performances instead.

thank you.

It's actually astonishing how the players are been completrly overlooked when they put in such as half assed performance.

By the way, how did jose "get it wrong" when the players could not press psg high and kept getting sliced open time and again coa cesc and rambo and hazard though that this was just a training session. Just think that he wanted us to attack and go all out but the players let him down completely.

Maybe they already have that wired into them by the manager, like the old Chelsea. That was already evident all the way back vs United this season. Last season too. We score a goal and the players are scared to death to force the issue. Personally I prefer to blame the manager for the cowardly and pathetic performance in the 1st leg.

The fact there are games we play were we don't even try to win is a disgrace for a big team. Pellegrini said we play like a small team and the cunt was right.

We weren't cowardly in the first leg. We retreated into ourselves because PSG played a good game. I think that, tactically, we did everything you need to do in a first leg. 1-1 was a big advantage on the 3-1 the year before.

The tie was lost tonight. It seems an obvious thing to say but when they went down to ten men they were like a team possessed.

I'm personally just sitting back and applauding PSG. They've done us. Absolutely mugged us off. We've done it to teams countless times and this is a small dose of karma.

The key bit was why are we trying to press a team with 10 players? Shouldn't we be the ones dominating the possession? Why was Hazard still so deep in our half vs 10 man PSG? Why did we never try to go for the killer goal to finish off the tie? Mourinho is cautious so his players have become cautious.

I am really sad that I think I agree with you and Pelligrini

He hasn't and I wonder if he will. I wouldn't put it past him to do it though.

Mourinho reminds me of Capello. And once upon a time, Capello was one of the very best.

I was thinking the same thing but I have faith he'll change. this Chelsea is his most attractive side but he's just not capable of teaching us how to play more proactively; he's a defensive coach after all. He needs to take a break and relearn his craft and change his mentality or he will be left behind.

thank you.

It's actually astonishing how the players are been completrly overlooked when they put in such as half assed performance.

By the way, how did jose "get it wrong" when the players could not press psg high and kept getting sliced open time and again coa cesc and rambo and hazard though that this was just a training session. Just think that he wanted us to attack and go all out but the players let him down completely.

Mourinho got it wrong for me with his team selection. Ramires should have been in the pivot next to Matic, Cesc should have been on the bench and Willian or Cuadrado should have been on the right wing.

Tactically, he did okay. Okay, it was far from a masterclass, but he was sensible. People on here are talking like we can take risks because life is like FIFA 15 and we can instantly change mentality from "Park the Bus" to "All-out Attack". It doesn't work like that. Mourinho will rarely win a knockout tie through beautiful football. He plays percentages and does what he has to. That involves nicking goals and defending like our lives depend on it. But sometimes things backfire and the reverse comes to fruition. We just got done by the better team tonight, a team that wanted it more than us. Yes you can say Mourinho should have fired up the players, but if you can't motivate yourself to play in a UCL knockout fixture you do not deserve to play for this club. The team were underwhelming today and totally choked on the big stage, which is becoming a usual occurrence this season.

The key bit was why are we trying to press a team with 10 players? Shouldn't we be the ones dominating the possession? Why was Hazard still so deep in our half vs 10 man PSG? Why did we never try to go for the killer goal to finish off the tie? Mourinho is cautious so his players have become cautious.

We don't dominate against big teams anymore, never will probably under Jose. So that is Everton, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, MU, Man City, PSG this season that had more possession than us. Actually I am really interested in finding out when was the last time in a big game we ended the match with more possession than the opposition, must be rare or never under Jose.

I am all for counter attack at the right game but to do it against 10 men at home is shocking, they are a good side but not a Bayern/Barca/Real with best players in football history in their team for us to be this cautious.

love your energy and I respect your sincere loyalty but, man, I don't think you're making much sense on this one ... we're all sensible guys here. If Jose wants to keep the respect of the fans and the support of the owner/board he needs to apologize for tonight's performance and get his shit together because tonight was just unbelievable

Hi!

As I said before, I respect the opinions of all of us. A world with the same opinions would be terribly sad.

To me I liked the approach of Jose. But the double value of the goals was decisive. If we had attacked without care for our defense, they would have killed us before.

We have lost through two headed goals. Two corners. Two goals unstoppable.

We have been close to passing the tie, and if I supported Jose for his way of understanding football before the match, now more than ever I insist that I defend in as Jose makes the approaches of the matches.

But I understand what you say when perfectly. They are just different views. For me Jose has been good, but for you he has not been good. Perfect. But we're in the same boat and we must continue paddling together.

Regards.

Mourinho got it wrong for me with his team selection. Ramires should have been in the pivot next to Matic, Cesc should have been on the bench and Willian or Cuadrado should have been on the right wing.

Tactically, he did okay. Okay, it was far from a masterclass, but he was sensible. People on here are talking like we can take risks because life is like FIFA 15 and we can instantly change mentality from "Park the Bus" to "All-out Attack". It doesn't work like that. Mourinho will rarely win a knockout tie through beautiful football. He plays percentages and does what he has to. That involves nicking goals and defending like our lives depend on it. But sometimes things backfire and the reverse comes to fruition. We just got done by the better team tonight, a team that wanted it more than us. Yes you can say Mourinho should have fired up the players, but if you can't motivate yourself to play in a UCL knockout fixture you do not deserve to play for this club. The team were underwhelming today and totally choked on the big stage, which is becoming a usual occurrence this season.

This loss is on Mourinho first and foremost before all of the players. It is a Mourinho strategy to defend deep while a man up. It isn't really even a question about firing the players up. This is the manager and his psychology. Too many shit on a stick players who are more athletes than footballers like Ramires and Willian and that is all Mourinho too. The only good Brazilian we had we sold, even if for a lot of money.

I was thinking the same thing but I have faith he'll change. this Chelsea is his most attractive side but he's just not capable of teaching us how to play more proactively; he's a defensive coach after all. He needs to take a break and relearn his craft and change his mentality or he will be left behind.

SORRY but Jose will NEVER change ,, just hope he learns from HIS mistakes

Hi!

As I said before, I respect the opinions of all of us. A world with the same opinions would be terribly sad.

To me I liked the approach of Jose. But the double value of the goals was decisive. If we had attacked without care for our defense, they would have killed us before.

We have lost through two headed goals. Two corners. Two goals unstoppable.

We have been close to passing the tie, and if I supported Jose for his way of understanding football before the match, now more than ever I insist that I defend in as Jose makes the approaches of the matches.

But I understand what you say when perfectly. They are just different views. For me Jose has been good, but for you he has not been good. Perfect. But we're in the same boat and we must continue paddling together.

Regards.

You sound like a broken tape. A troll I suspect.