The Mourinho Thread

I would like to know which Oscar you're watching since Chelsea's Oscar is far from being a Ferrari, in fact even Willian isn't that type of player. They both excel at slowing down the tempo and mostly end up killing any chances we may have for a possible counter-attack. At least Willian tries to produce something when he has the ball at his feet, Oscar is nothing more than a Dirk Kuyt kind of player (in fact Kuyt was a much more hard worker)

I was merely making an analogy, a contrast between a specific kind of player, not saying either of those players were world class.

This season, have we won a game that we absolutely needed to win? Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, PSG to name a few games we have failed to win because Mourinho has been one dimensional.No need to show your frustration towards me, we lost because we were not good enough simple as that, im not trying to pick a fight with anyone here

What about the game at wembley last week you wingnut??? What about Liverpool away and Liverpool in the cup??? Am I missing something here?

No excuses for him today. But blame has to go to the players aswell. Par hazard and tibo everyone's form has dipped significantly since the new year. I want Remy, Luiz and Caudrado to have run in the team for a few games atleast.

Yep. And if he wants to continue his winning ways he has to evolve. It's not 2010 anymore.

So who has the winning formula? Pellegrini? Rodgers? Wenger? Ancelotti? Maybe its Enrique? Or perhaps Simeone? No better yet its Van Gaal!

he got the tactics wrong today it doesn't change what he's gotten thus far in the season, we were beat when we shouldn't have been and it burns a bit but like I said 100000000000 times its something to learn from. They bottled it, not just the manager the players too.

No excuses for him today. But blame has to go to the players aswell. Par hazard and tibo everyone's form has dipped significantly since the new year. I want Remy, Luiz and Caudrado to have run in the team for a few games atleast.

100% Luiz needs games now and Remy unfortunately hasn't had enough to be trusted in the Champions league but he needs to get games in the league now.

Don't think you watched at the beginning of the year, did you?

José can play attacking football. We did it this year already. Problem is he didn't like the way we were leaking goals, and when he tried to balance things out, he failed. We look more more like the team from last year against the smaller sides but worse against tougher opponents.

A couple of posters have beaten this to death (The Chels I think was the first one that started bringing this up) - we can't transition from defese to offense as well as we did before and we're bad handling pressure. The fact that our centre backs aren't as high up the pitch makes our midfielders slide back which is leading to poor attacks (how many times do we see the front trio alone?), and with Hazard being our only world-class decision maker further up the pitch we're struggling to create. We look stagnent. Short of ideas.

The lack of rotation is killing us too. Most players have dropped form because of it. Fabregas and Oscar mainly (the latter to a lesser extent, he's been more rotated lately - in comes the question of whether Oscar is good enough for what we're trying to achieve - that's another topic)... Another reason why we don't create as well.

I do think Mourinho needs to take a look at the mirror and try to implement other ideas into his managing philosophy. He's obviously a great coach but as someone said earlier: he's outdated. Football is evolving and he's sticking to the same tactics he had 10 years ago. I'm sure he doesn't want to become another Wenger who seems to not know what he's doing. He has to find the right balance between attacking and defending, experiment new tactics, rotate the XI (Luís and Remy are begging for a shot as starters - the two most flagrant examples for me).

He also has to start trusting youngsters more often. It only helps us. Gives us a heck of a lot more depth, easier to fill the HG quotas, and I'm sure a lot of them are good enough to fill the roles some first team players don't seem up to.

With the PL being the only competition we're left in, I'd say it's mandatory to win it. No excuses. Bar a massive, out of his hands, disaster.

I still trust this man to be the one that takes us forward, maybe he needs to get that PL trophy to rejuvenate himself? We'll be here to answer that next year. But I sure hope he changes his mindset for everyone's good. Onwards to the title!

Post of the day.

So who has the winning formula? Pellegrini? Rodgers? Wenger? Ancelotti? Maybe its Enrique? Or perhaps Simeone? No better yet its Van Gaal!

he got the tactics wrong today it doesn't change what he's gotten thus far in the season, we were beat when we shouldn't have been and it burns a bit but like I said 100000000000 times its something to learn from. They bottled it, not just the manager the players too.

I really don't really know what to say to you. Do you realize that we were outplayed by 10 men today? 10 MEN! That goes beyond getting it right. He was handed a gift and could not exploit it.

PSG didn't even bother to park the bus.

If I track back to where Chelsea's decline started this season, it is the 5-3 loss to Spurs. That's where he lost confidence on the Cesc-Matic pivot and attacking football. Now he is just throwing a bunch of formation, with the basic idea of sitting back deep. The question is whether he will go back to the Cesc Matic combo again and play the way we played in the first 3/4 months

Don't think you watched at the beginning of the year, did you?

José can play attacking football. We did it this year already. Problem is he didn't like the way we were leaking goals, and when he tried to balance things out, he failed. We look more more like the team from last year against the smaller sides but worse against tougher opponents.

A couple of posters have beaten this to death (The Chels I think was the first one that started bringing this up) - we can't transition from defese to offense as well as we did before and we're bad handling pressure. The fact that our centre backs aren't as high up the pitch makes our midfielders slide back which is leading to poor attacks (how many times do we see the front trio alone?), and with Hazard being our only world-class decision maker further up the pitch we're struggling to create. We look stagnent. Short of ideas.

The lack of rotation is killing us too. Most players have dropped form because of it. Fabregas and Oscar mainly (the latter to a lesser extent, he's been more rotated lately - in comes the question of whether Oscar is good enough for what we're trying to achieve - that's another topic)... Another reason why we don't create as well.

I do think Mourinho needs to take a look at the mirror and try to implement other ideas into his managing philosophy. He's obviously a great coach but as someone said earlier: he's outdated. Football is evolving and he's sticking to the same tactics he had 10 years ago. I'm sure he doesn't want to become another Wenger who seems to not know what he's doing. He has to find the right balance between attacking and defending, experiment new tactics, rotate the XI (Luís and Remy are begging for a shot as starters - the two most flagrant examples for me).

He also has to start trusting youngsters more often. It only helps us. Gives us a heck of a lot more depth, easier to fill the HG quotas, and I'm sure a lot of them are good enough to fill the roles some first team players don't seem up to.

With the PL being the only competition we're left in, I'd say it's mandatory to win it. No excuses. Bar a massive, out of his hands, disaster.

I still trust this man to be the one that takes us forward, maybe he needs to get that PL trophy to rejuvenate himself? We'll be here to answer that next year. But I sure hope he changes his mindset for everyone's good. Onwards to the title!

good post brother, I don't agree with all of it but the sentiment is bang on.

What does that have to do with what I wrote? or what we were talking about?

I don't think you realize what's going on with Jose. When you're up against 10 men and your team is not just struggling to create chances but are actually being outplayed it goes beyond a simple tactical mistake. I feel like the game is leaving him behind. That goes for the whole league as well

His struggles to incorporate simple things like pressing and one touch football is pretty telling to me. Lesser manager s have done it so why can't he.