The Mourinho Thread

Bar Ferguson, can somebody help me come up with names of managers to book succes for 10+/15+ years?

Even Ferguson could not impress as he did domestically on the European stage.

None because Ferguson is the exception and not the rule.

The most successful one dimensional manager in history of football. Time to rethink his strategy if he has anything in his locker apart from parking the bus that is.

He has to, if he doesn't want to get the sack again. Just go back and listen to the Fabregas pre-match press conference, he knows the deal. Besides defensive organisation, Mourinho has nothing to offer this team in attack. All the other stuff he was good at in the past, pressing , mental coaching, counter-attacking football. It's all gone now. We've only scored 2 goals from the counter this season. Our players look mentally weak in the biggest game of our season, despite playing vs 10 men for 90 + mins without their best player and us having an entire week to prepare, luxuries PSG didn't have.

I'm absolutely pissed by the way we play football. Robben, Hazard have all said Mourinho simply tells the attackers to go out and "express themselves", well that's not good enough! We need some coaching for organised attacks, not just for organised defending. This is our greatest problem.

Bar Ferguson, can somebody help me come up with names of managers to book succes for 10+/15+ years?

Even Ferguson could not impress as he did domestically on the European stage.

I think the game has passed him by tactically. Football has evolved but he hasn't.

He has to, if he doesn't want to get the sack again. Just go back and listen to the Fabregas pre-match press conference, he knows the deal. Besides defensive organisation, Mourinho has nothing to offer this team in attack. All the other stuff he was good at in the past, pressing , mental coaching, counter-attacking football. It's all gone now. We've only scored 2 goals from the counter this season. Our players look mentally weak in the biggest game of our season, despite playing vs 10 men for 90 + mins without their best player and us having an entire week to prepare, luxuries PSG didn't have.

I'm absolutely pissed by the way we play football. Robben, Hazard have all said Mourinho simply tells the attackers to go out and "express themselves", well that's not good enough! We need some coaching for organised attacks, not just for organised defending. This is our greatest problem.

So a better defensively minded Harry Redknapp? LOL damn that is good...

Nice, 1 loss in 10-15 matches and it is a big deal for Atletico...haha

Yh can't help it if most of your best players like Reus are out for 3 months...Now their best players are back they are on top form again. Oh and want to see what he can do with team of creative players? See Dortmund CL 12-13...

atm 1-1 valencia

sevilla 0-0 atm

leverkusen 1-0 atm

atm 3-0 almeria

celta 2-0 atm

last 5 matches, 2 draws, 2 losses and 1 win. WOWWW!!! sign him.. sign him now!!!

atleast get your bloddy stats right dude.

you mean BVB is a one man team based on reus? genius of a manger indeed/

I think the game has passed him by tactically. Football has evolved but he hasn't.

He hasn't and I wonder if he will. I wouldn't put it past him to do it though.

Mourinho reminds me of Capello. And once upon a time, Capello was one of the very best.

That's what I was thinking. So if true, it's not surprising Mou's impact on football has diminished.

Coach are like players, they have their peak and then fade.

As you stated saf is the exception and maybe hiddink for national.

That being said talk of sack is ludicrous. We are still in good position of winning the Premier and that's fine for now.

Both in good times and sad times ...

I trust in Jose

Today, with an awfully sad result, I reaffirm my support for Jose. I do not support Jose only for results. I do not care about the result, I care the way. The way done with dignity. And with Jose we always have dignity.

The approach has been smart, very humble, assuming it is impossible to win 3-0 in Champions League.

For many people has been a fucking approach, but the strategy is also a spectacle.

If we fight, we may lose; If we do not fight, we're lost.

I trust in Jose

love your energy and I respect your sincere loyalty but, man, I don't think you're making much sense on this one ... we're all sensible guys here. If Jose wants to keep the respect of the fans and the support of the owner/board he needs to apologize for tonight's performance and get his shit together because tonight was just unbelievable

It's weird. I have never seen him this passive/complacent/reluctant during games.

I remember he used to be amazing with subs.

He will read the game and do it early.

Today with Ramires was one of the many times I said to myself what's he's waiting?

It is strange that he tries nothing innovative anymore. He does show signs of a manager who is 'past it'. Klopp shouts aren't bad. But I want Favre :ph34r:

i still ly though Mou, you are elegant

which one? the one that holds the record for the most number of goals in a single la liga season?

The one that had the most expensively assembled squads in history. Yeah they were good at flat track bullying like we are but once they met a decent team in the semi-finals they were embarrassed! I'm not gonna even mention the season after that when they were exposed as one dimensional counterattacking team.