The Mourinho Thread

In fairness to Jose, Cesc has never won likely because he doesn't know how to defend. He wants to play deeper but when you play him there he's a liability. That's the lesson Jose needs to learn, when you are trying to grind out a result you can't have Cesc playing in the holding role. He should've been subbed out and Oscar should've continued, even on a yellow.

We had the wrong approach today and it cost us, you have every right to get on your soapbox and use this opportunity to spew the "Jose out, he can't coach offensive players" propaganda, I happen to think had we gone out and attacked today we may have won and we also may have lost. Jose took the wrong approach today, anyone watching can agree with that, but I don't think the sky is falling, not at all, good managers look at where things went wrong and look to learn from them.

What if we win the league? is a double not enough anymore?

Pellegrini did the same last year and people was not convinced.

Today he's being talked of getting the sack....

Im trying to be casual because at the end of the day we are all Blues fans and we all want what's best for the club and everything and I respect that but my god some of the overreactions, jeasus.

Tonight's game, for sure that is on Mou, he messed up big time, but seeing comments like he might be sacked and he's limited, im done. .......

Not the 1st time he messed up though, exact same thing happened last year with Atletico and it looks like it will continue to happen in the future. The warning signs were here this season when we threw away leads late against City and MU. The thing is he is a one trick pony, all his career his success has been built on solid defending and so that is the only thing he knows.

Will we ever dominate a big team home or away? Nope, not under Jose as it stands unless he miraculously discover his eureka moment by next season.

Carlo got out tacticked by Kenny bliming Dalglish.

That's worse.

Nice...basing it on 1 game where they played 5 at the back and parked it for the whole time, grabbing a late lucky goal and with Torres missing one of the easiest chance of his Chelsea career on his debut.

By that logic Pardew>Mourinho

Pellegrini did the same last year and people was not convinced.

Today he's being talked of getting the sack....

Last year no one had nothing but praise for Pellegrini. It this year where they're off the pace in the league and out of pretty much every cup. If Jose gets the double we can't really complain can we?

Last year no one had nothing but praise for Pellegrini. It this year where they're off the pace in the league and out of pretty much every cup. If Jose gets the double we can't really complain can we?

PL and COC this year, CL maybe next year. Winning is what matters.

Nope but people will still say thing like they did of city last season despite winning two trophies.

I just think we have been too one dimensional all season in big games and we have been found out, and it seems Mourinho does not acknowledge that fact yet which is frustrating

We commited to that from day one.

As soon as Frank and David left and Cesc come in it was obvious the main aim was too flat track bully our way to the PL title (and on that score, so far so good), we from that moment let go some big game strength. Last season we were great in big games but dropped so many silly point's and it costs us the league, the MAIN aim was to rectify that and like I said, so far so good.

Tonight was horribly and in context of the one off game I think Mou fuked up, but I am more than happy with the progress we are making as a club.

The problem with him generally, and I've noticed it since the first 12 games of the season, is that he's in a huge and unshakeable comfort zone when it comes to team selection. Azpilicueta, Costa, Oscar, Fabregas, Ivanovic always know that they will be picked in the starting 11 in every game bar the FA & the League Cup, while we have other good players who can do the same if not a better job on average in those guys' positions. The game against PSG was perfect for players like Rémy (he should have come around the 65-70th minute mark to confuse the defenders, you could tell that PSG's back four had Costa where they wanted him then), or Filipe Luis. Like why not use a goddam left-footed left back who is not only as good at defending, but connects very well in attack, and is very proactive?? Azpilicueta doesn't deserve to be the number 1 left-back simply because he's not left-footed nor can provide the help that Hazard needs on the wing. It's so painful to always see him on the starting 11 at that spot, if he was put up in a fight for the RB against Ivanovic, I actually think he would win it overall. We very badly need Filipe Luis against the ''big sides'' and it's painful to watch him rot undeservedly on the bench because of Mourinho's stubbornness.

Nice...basing it on 1 game where they played 5 at the back and parked it for the whole time, grabbing a late lucky goal and with Torres missing one of the easiest chance of his Chelsea career on his debut.

By that logic Pardew>Mourinho

Nope, Carlo gave away his tactics at Sunderland by reverting to the diamond with Kalou in the Torres role, so Kenny played 5-3-2 (3-5-2) that formation at the best of times nullifies lineups that don't use width, we had no width in our squad and using the diamond made it worse.

Torres had one chance but other than that Kenny done us/Carlo an absolute kipper.

I've never once called for Jose to be "out", and have never spewed "propaganda". Using a word like propaganda to classify a person's opinion on a manager is beyond stupid. That's why I find it hard to have a civilized conversation with you, as you take everything to heart and have a passive aggressive tone in your posts.

Anyway, it's not me or any fan Jose has to worry about, it's Abramovich. The style of football and recently, the poor tactical decision in big games is going to cost him his job eventually, regardless of if he wins the double or not. Ancelotti won the double and got sacked the next season.

I doubt it. I think Roman sees the value of having stability this time around, we can't go forward chopping and changing the manager. I agree the approach to this game raises eyebrows but only if we end up with just a carling cup at the end of the year will this result be heavily scrutinized.

No one is talking about next season here, we don't even know how this one will end. If history is anything to go by the last time we went out in the knockouts we won a double.

Carefree. It hurts but we'll grow from it.

It just dawned on me that Jose is the only top manager that doesn't know how to play attacking football. It's really weird.

It just dawned on me that you're ignorant statements to posts ratio is crazy.

To borrow a quote from Zlatan, we have Ferrari's (Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar, Willian, Cuadrado) but he is driving them like Fiat's (Ramires, Essien, Duff, Wise).

I would like to know which Oscar you're watching since Chelsea's Oscar is far from being a Ferrari, in fact even Willian isn't that type of player. They both excel at slowing down the tempo and mostly end up killing any chances we may have for a possible counter-attack. At least Willian tries to produce something when he has the ball at his feet, Oscar is nothing more than a Dirk Kuyt kind of player (in fact Kuyt was a much more hard worker)

The likes of Hazard and the likes of Oscar just don't match, you can't expect to have real team chemistry this way. And also so far I've no idea what the purpose of Cuadrado in this team is.