The Mourinho Thread

First piece of news with quotes from someone who could actually be in the know?

http://www.football-italia.net/80149/moratti-mourinho-manchester

"

Inter director Bedy Moratti accidentally let slip “Jose Mourinho is happy, he’s going to Manchester United.”

The sister of former President Massimo Moratti spoke to calciomercato.com as she left a lunch meeting with Mourinho and her family.

“Of course he’s always fantastic and we missed him as a person here,” she said in the video interview.

"

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

Mou will have bigger impact for utd if he goes there,

What are you talking about? Mourinho is a failed manager. He's the worst there has ever been, he left us in the relegation zone and he's to blame for all of Chelsea problems. We should be happy and thankful that he's going to MU because he will destroy them like he destroyed us....... right? :ph34r:

Looking more and more likely just a matter of when it's announced really.end of the day if he wants to stay in England then meh it's his choice. Cant hold that against him or him going to Man U. unlikey to pass up the chance if offered.

Just be weird seeing them with a decent manager 

I think we'll all be jealous in the coming years of their back 4 in particular once they've worked under José. When they get proper coaching and are set out tactically in a way that works in the modern game unlike the suicidal defending LvG teaches.

A back line featuring Darmian who has been very impressive this season, Smalling who has improved greatly, Luke Shaw who was very good before getting injured, and inevitably John Stones. Two CB's who are brilliant on the ball and highly mobile along with 2 modern fullbacks who are excellent going forward and more than adequate defensively. Not to mention he'd have 3/4ths of what should be England's back line for the next decade. He's always said he wants lots of English players in his team so I think Stones is a foregone conclusion.

Rewroking their attack is what may prove tricky initially. Not for long I'd imagine, though with their budget. Ibrahimovic for a season or two with Rooney as their #10 in behind him wouldn't surprise me and I think it would be highly effective. Front 4 of Ibra, Rooney, Martial, and Depay. Loads of pace on the flanks and goals from all over. Has the look of a prototypical Mourinho team and quite scary.

-----------------Ibra---------------

Martial------Rooney-------Depay

-------Herrera-------Schneiderlin-------

Shaw---Smalling---Stones---Darmian

----------------De Gea----------------

Certainly a side capable of winning the PL under Mourinho's management.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think we'll all be jealous in the coming years of their back 4 in particular once they've worked under José. When they get proper coaching and are set out tactically in a way that works in the modern game unlike the suicidal defending LvG teaches.

A back line featuring Darmian who has been very impressive this season, Smalling who has improved greatly, Luke Shaw who was very good before getting injured, and inevitably John Stones. Two CB's who are brilliant on the ball and highly mobile along with 2 modern fullbacks who are excellent going forward and more than adequate defensively. Not to mention he'd have 3/4ths of what should be England's back line for the next decade. He's always said he wants lots of English players in his team so I think Stones is a foregone conclusion.

Rewroking their attack is what may prove tricky initially. Not for long I'd imagine, though with their budget. Ibrahimovic for a season or two with Rooney as their #10 in behind him wouldn't surprise me and I think it would be highly effective. Front 4 of Ibra, Rooney, Martial, and Depay. Loads of pace on the flanks and goals from all over. Has the look of a prototypical Mourinho team and quite scary.

-----------------Ibra---------------

Martial------Rooney-------Depay

-------Herrera-------Schneiderlin-------

Shaw---Smalling---Stones---Darmian

----------------De Gea----------------

Certainly a side capable of winning the PL under Mourinho's management.

I am sure with the money they have they will add a few world class players to this squad. Don't think they will finish with Ibra as the main striker..

27 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Just be weird seeing them with a decent manager 

Even more weird is what has already started: ManUnited fans defending Jose and his antics, over the years most of them mocked him, but that's gone.
World's changing quickly these days.

40 minutes ago, HD3D said:

What are you talking about? Mourinho is a failed manager. He's the worst there has ever been, he left us in the relegation zone and he's to blame for all of Chelsea problems. We should be happy and thankful that he's going to MU because he will destroy them like he destroyed us....... right? :ph34r:

There's reports of a 350 million pound transferbudget for them in the summer, so that would be quite a feat.

But as far as I know, he said that he wants his family to stay in London anyway. His children not to move schools again.

And between Manchester and London is quite a distance. Tbf it's basically the same time travel between Paris and London. Why don't he go to Paris ? Yeah, I guess they don't want him there.

It's a pity. Can see Jose staying there for some time. I mean, LVG is still in charge even though everyone see what he's doing.

Somethings dying inside me. It's not how it was supposed to be. In the moments like this being a fan from abroad who doesn't have a privilege to go to games is frustrating and vain. Nothingness really. If Hazard leaves in the summer just shoot me please.

thing is with the whole what he Said.Maybe he does/did love us but still Man U jobs is huge and be daft to turn it down because of something he said once.Doesnt happen really

End of the day we sacked him.Hes free.Not like he's still with us and said end of the season he's gana leave us and go there 

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

I am sure with the money they have they will add a few world class players to this squad. Don't think they will finish with Ibra as the main striker..

Ibra for one season as a stop gap would be brilliant, though. If you want to make a big push at the league in his first season then he'd be a nice short term signing. Hell, I'd have him here on a free for a season if we had CL football. No chance he'd come here without it unless we still had José.

Meanwhile:

Manchester United are ready to deliver a huge snub to Jose Mourinho by pressing ahead with a succession plan for Ryan Giggs. [Mirror]

United source: "Appointing Mourinho would only paper over the cracks. The club have a long-term plan that they intend to stick to.“ [Mirror]

5 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Meanwhile:

Manchester United are ready to deliver a huge snub to Jose Mourinho by pressing ahead with a succession plan for Ryan Giggs. [Mirror]

United source: "Appointing Mourinho would only paper over the cracks. The club have a long-term plan that they intend to stick to.“ [Mirror]

lol...

To be fair, United would be stupid to appoint Giggs. I wish they did but they won't. And Mourinho to Man Utd is written all over it. End of the story.