The Mourinho Thread

We'll see. Kenedy is better than both Schurrle and Salah now imo. Yes, but Fabregas ended up with the playmaker role. And again, at the time KdB was not good enough to start for Chelsea. He left and that was not Jose's fault.

Needless to say I disagree that he can't be a long term manager. It's uncharted water for him, sure, but apart from TalkChelsea every Chelsea fan I've met is backing Jose.

You on Facebook? It's like TalkChelsea without the reasoned arguments.

I'm confused what you're talking about. Are you saying that Jose chose between Oscar and Mata and chose Oscar? I don't think that's the case. He didn't need to. Oscar, Mata and Hazard all played together. Fabregas, on the other hand, came in the next transfer window after Mata was sold. I think that's more feasible.

Umm...no. Mata is a 10, jose said oscar was his 10. That meant Mata was a goner. Are you serious?

Kennedy is better than no one. He's green as fuck and hasn't done much. Schurrle was a match winner. Salah wasn't very good, but was 21. Kdb didn't get proper chances, i hate the guy, but he wasn't treated fairly. Jose had his mind set that Oscar was the our 10 then he bought Willian.

I don't think Jose should he fired, yet. But let's not act like he's free of blame and the players are at fault. Ever think maybe he burned them out playing nonstop for 2 seasons? Jose is a short term manager.

Schurrle isn't doing well at Wolfsburg. If he's sitting on their bench, there's no way he plays here.

Umm...no. Mata is a 10, jose said oscar was his 10. That meant Mata was a goner. Are you serious?

Under RDM, they all played together. Mata is playing wing at United. Mata-Oscar-Hazard would have worked, but Willian was a lot better defensively than Mata.

What net spend means? That means he MUST sell before he can buy, due to our club's ''1 in 1 out'' policy.

Nobody on here can convince me that Mourinho would rather keep Mikel as DM instead of David Luiz.

proof: He played Luiz as the DM in the Champions league and benched Mikel

Why did he sell? Because we need to balance the books, simple.

Same goes for Mata, a player that got more minutes than Schurrle before he left. Would Jose rather have Traore/Salah or Mata in the squad?

This summer is the first window where we did not sell a player for a big sum, result?

why did we need to sell mata? for what? he let them go, balancing the book has nothing to do with it. jose sold quality players and brough shit replacements like salah. mata went cos jose chose oscar as his no.10 - mistake. kdb went cos jose chose oscar as his no. 10 - mistake.

why did we need to sell luiz as a DM? to bring in cesc. how is that working out? for what? luiz went cos we bought zouma as a defender and cesc as a DM - mistake (regarding cesc).

Cause we are definitively better than Wolfsburg this season.

Who knows. You can't compare two different teams in two completely different leagues. What you can do is say that Schurrle wasn't starting here, and he's not starting at Wolfsburg, so the only consistency is that he's not a reliable starter.

Besides, if you do that comparison, let's just sell everyone and buy West Brom's lineup. They'll be cheaper, and they're higher in the table, so they must be better players. Our players are better. They're just not playing it now. Form is temporary, talent is permanent and all that.

Under RDM, they all played together. Mata is playing wing at United. Mata-Oscar-Hazard would have worked, but Willian was a lot better defensively than Mata.

Sorry but Mata, Oscar and Hazard dont work together. They are too short and have deficiencies in the same departments.

Whoever thinks they would have worked doesnt know football, sorry.

WINGERS ARE BOUGHT TO ATTACK

Which Willian does as well as defend. Not to the level of Mata of course, but for Jose, a player that gives 70 attacking effort and 30 defending effort is better than a player that gives 90 attacking effort and 10 defending effort.

Who knows. You can't compare two different teams in two completely different leagues. What you can do is say that Schurrle wasn't starting here, and he's not starting at Wolfsburg, so the only consistency is that he's not a reliable starter.

Besides, if you do that comparison, let's just sell everyone and buy West Brom's lineup. They'll be cheaper, and they're higher in the table, so they must be better players. Our players are better. They're just not playing it now. Form is temporary, talent is permanent and all that.

Possibly. But he was a match winner here, he scored quite a few important goals, but wasn't all that good defensively. He could have regained form here. That sickness he got ruined him.

Which Willian does as well as defend. Not to the level of Mata of course, but for Jose, a player that gives 70 attacking effort and 30 defending effort is better than a player that gives 90 attacking effort and 10 defending effort.

That's why he's short term.

Oscar and Mata played well together before Mou arrived. If there is one player that pushed Mata out it is Willian signing. It was never a Oscar vs Mata, both could play together.

Mou made it Oscar vs Mata in the media because it was strategic. Oscar was playing better then anyone. It was hard to argue against why Mata should play ahead of inform Oscar.

What if Mou made it a Willian vs Mata argument? Willian was a new signing, didn't prove anything yet. It would been hard to justify why a new signing should play ahead of 2x Chelsea player of the year.

Possibly. But he was a match winner here, he scored quite a few important goals, but wasn't all that good defensively. He could have regained form here. That sickness he got ruined him.

That's why he's short term.

I never wanted Schurrle gone, or KdB or Lukaku for that matter.

Kennedy is better than no one. He's green as fuck and hasn't done much. Schurrle was a match winner. Salah wasn't very good, but was 21. Kdb didn't get proper chances, i hate the guy, but he wasn't treated fairly. Jose had his mind set that Oscar was the our 10 then he bought Willian.

I don't think Jose should he fired, yet. But let's not act like he's free of blame and the players are at fault. Ever think maybe he burned them out playing nonstop for 2 seasons? Jose is a short term manager.

Was. Was a match winner, that disease fucked him up as a player and is now warming the bench for wolfsburg. Oscar had been played all through 12/13, that's why he was picked, while Kdb, as you put it, was green as fuck and better than none of our wing options.

And imo it is 70% players' fault, 30% Jose.

Our second half was bad and typical for Jose tactic its awful... Willian saved him.

Yeah this has been problem this season that Mourinho waits till everything is wrong to change.

We got lucky today but this has not been the case many times.

Oh well.