Kenedy

the wes

I think he's pretty wack so this will sound seriously contradictory but I think we should keep him around as a joker card for the season.
He has a Kalou vibe about him that not even he knows what he's doing next, which sometimes in its own wierd way causes problems for opposition. There will be a few games a season we could do with that off the bench (similar to the times last season Klopp randomenly chucked on Origi and he ending up getting late winners).
I must stress for the season though, soon as we can sign reinforcements he should be gone.
I'm pleased his rumoured move didn't come to anything for the reasons you mentioned. He could be a useful wild card in certain situations and the only left footed winger we have.

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is probably bad to say, but I really can't even stand the sight of him. 😂

The dreadful, terrible tattoos all over his head, the low socks, the way he runs. He looks like Bambi on ice. He's a pretty brainless footballer who as you say is very unpredictable.

Just can't really think of a scenario where Frank looks to the bench and thinks "right, this situation calls for Kenedy."

What about when Emerson is injured and Alonso is starting at Left back?

:beer:

Yes he does have the Kalou vibe but Kalou was a hard worker and Kalou always had an output even though he could be wasteful. he always got into the right positions. 

Kenedy has 0 output and I have no idea what he is actually good at and neither does he. The left foot is a point but an average left foot is no better than a good right one. I still think he can be morphed into an attacking leftback if he works hard enough. He does have some tenacity about him

• 3 weeks later...

Sassuolo are interested in taking Kenedy on loan, according to Sky in Italy.

The Serie A side’s first choice left-back Rogerio has suffered an injury in their league opener against Torino, and the club could now move for the Brazilian, who will struggle for game time at Stamford Bridge this season.

I'd keep him to put in a shift instead of Pedro/Willian/Alonso when needed. He is 23 and there is a space in the squad this season. There is little benefit in loaning him tp play at Left Back in Serie A.  He could yet be useful at some point this season if he is kept. 

6 hours ago, Strike said:

I'd keep him to put in a shift instead of Pedro/Willian/Alonso when needed. He is 23 and there is a space in the squad this season. There is little benefit in loaning him tp play at Left Back in Serie A.  He could yet be useful at some point this season if he is kept. 

If Emerson is fit he will play every week. Alonso will play cup games. So he wont play at LB. 

Willian, Pedro, Pulisic and Callum will soon all be avaliable to Frank so again, plenty of options. Even then Frank has used Mason and Barkley on the left too. 

Its a waste of our time and a waste of his if he sits about not making the matchday squad or playing to progress his career.

• 2 months later...

What about this guy? He is going to leave as free agent or what? It would be a shame, at least we could've made money by selling him, it looks like he is doing fine in Madrid.

I know him and his position is are still misterious but I like this guy a lot. I remember he played his first game for Chelsea against Barca while he was still Fluminense bound but they gave us a permit, even this was unique in this level.. I also recall he was totally cool, he was not scared at all playing for Chelsea against Barca at the age of 19, he got big balls.

I hope he will do a "Victor Moses" and Lampard will find the position he can help the team because he has the potential for sure.

12 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

What about this guy? He is going to leave as free agent or what? It would be a shame, at least we could've made money by selling him, it looks like he is doing fine in Madrid.

I know him and his position is are still misterious but I like this guy a lot. I remember he played his first game for Chelsea against Barca while he was still Fluminense bound but they gave us a permit, even this was unique in this level.. I also recall he was totally cool, he was not scared at all playing for Chelsea against Barca at the age of 19, he got big balls.

I hope he will do a "Victor Moses" and Lampard will find the position he can help the team because he has the potential for sure.

He was so promising in that game against Barca :(
However, so was Wallace in one of our pre-season tours.

4 hours ago, Yeboii said:

He was so promising in that game against Barca :(
However, so was Wallace in one of our pre-season tours.

Wallace turned out to be nowhere near top level. Kenedy is different I think, he isn’t that far.