Kenedy

the wes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

WTF now Transfermarkt changed that he has contract with us till 2022??? 

How the hell whole world missed his extension? :lol:

Chelsea outcasts Kenedy and Rahman set for La Liga loan moves

https://www.goal.com/en/news/chelsea-outcasts-kenedy-and-rahman-set-for-la-liga-loan/185dt4btukiyk1n07ua1aa9bkp

Both players are set to renew their contracts with the Blues before departing on a temporary basis for the 2019-20 season in Spain

Chelsea outcasts Kenedy and Baba Rahman are both set to secure loan moves to La Liga as they close in on transfers to Getafe and Real Mallorca respectively.

Both players have entered the final years of their contracts but Goal has learned they will renew their deals before heading to Spain for the 2019-20 season.

snip

T-Markt missed on Kenedy's renewal

Really should've sold Kenedy to Newcastle after his six month loan. Baba has been a lost cause ever since we brought him. 
Baba showed some life at Reims last season. We stupidly don't part ways with players when they are playing & there's genuine interest in them (Baba, Kenedy, MvG & could even throw Willian in to the mix) because we demand stupid amounts.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Did Newcastle make an offer?

The FSW said they wanted to buy but we quoted £30m or something. I am not normally one to believe transfer speculation but on that one I do believe Newcastle wanted to buy as it came from their manager. 

Just now, King Kante said:

The FSW said they wanted to buy but we quoted £30m or something. I am not normally one to believe transfer speculation but on that one I do believe Newcastle wanted to buy as it came from their manager. 

Well yes, if he said it, it must be true. I'd guess that £30m was just an opening gambit but it would be interesting to know how close the side came to an agreement. With all these deals there's the need for the selling club to avoid caving and there's a calculation as to what can be earned in load fees across the balance of the contract, compared to the cash on the table.

3 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Well yes, if he said it, it must be true. I'd guess that £30m was just an opening gambit but it would be interesting to know how close the side came to an agreement. With all these deals there's the need for the selling club to avoid caving and there's a calculation as to what can be earned in load fees across the balance of the contract, compared to the cash on the table.

I think after his first six months there was a lot of buzz about him and the sense he was going to reach his potential. I mean at one point Bayern were linked (although mainly from BS artists.) I reckon Newcastle would've gone to about £15-20m (but this is guess work) but we thought he may be on the verge of pulling a Bale or something. 

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think after his first six months there was a lot of buzz about him and the sense he was going to reach his potential. I mean at one point Bayern were linked (although mainly from BS artists.) I reckon Newcastle would've gone to about £15-20m (but this is guess work) but we thought he may be on the verge of pulling a Bale or something. 

Not all of us. When he was first linked I watched video of him and posted that he was clearly not good enough and we should steer clear. Someone asked what on Earth I was talking about and told me that Kennedy looked brilliant in those videos. Comes down to what you're looking for when watching videos I suppose.

Anyway I always felt this was a very ill judged signing.

• 7 months later...