Kenedy

the wes

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:
10 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:
Wallace turned out to be nowhere near top level. Kenedy is different I think, he isn’t that far.

I honestly don't get the hate for the latter either. Kenedy could certainly be a useful option under Lamps IMO.

Don't think people hate Kenedy per se but it's just that he's bang average and at this point, enough of stocking up duds in this squad.

Furthermore, where would he even be useful as an option? Pulisic & CHO suddenly seem to be occupying the left wing position and at the moment, we have Alonso & Emerson as the left backs (could well be Chilwell and Emerson going forward). 

Don't think people hate Kenedy per se but it's just that he's bang average and at this point, enough of stocking up duds in this squad.
Furthermore, where would he even be useful as an option? Pulisic & CHO suddenly seem to be occupying the left wing position and at the moment, we have Alonso & Emerson as the left backs (could well be Chilwell and Emerson going forward). 
Alonso shouldn't be mentioned in any discussion at this point.

I honestly didn't realise he would be 24 in a matter of months, but I still believe his versatility could be of use down our left depending on the game plan (LB, LWB, LW - left footed too).

Potential summer - DD, Alonso, Giroud, MvG, AC (I don't see him or his father being content with fourth choice), Pedro & possibly Willian/Bats.

Do people honestly expect us to stack up as a result of the ban?

I'd personally like us to make use of what we have in certain positions & go big for 2/3 starters.

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'd personally like us to make use of what we have in certain positions & go big for 2/3 starters.

That's the thing with Kenedy - where would he even fit in? He won't get ahead of Pulisic and CHO and although he can play at LB or even LWB, it's not primary position and we will have other options ahead of him. We also have the LB Ian Maatsen, who Lampard seems to take note of from the academy.

That's the thing with Kenedy - where would he even fit in? He won't get ahead of Pulisic and CHO and although he can play at LB or even LWB, it's not primary position and we will have other options ahead of him. We also have the LB Ian Maatsen, who Lampard seems to take note of from the academy.

I guess time will tell. However, Getafe have an option to buy (odd) & his contract is up next summer, so this discussion is pointless.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 6:22 PM, Jason said:

one issue with  Maatsen

he is SO short

1.68m tall and he is no Roberto Carlos to compensate for it

that is ten cms shorter than Chilwell, 15 cms shorter than me in my bare feet, lolol

if (dog forbid!!!) we miss out on Chilwell

the more I watch the more I am all in for

Malang Sarr of OGC Nice

turns 21 in January, 4 year starter

1.82m, fast, strong, and can play CB too (his original position)

would gel so well with fellow French speakers  Kante, Zouma, Bats and (if we have half a brain) Camavinga from Stade Rennais (Kantes 17yo eventual replacent in waiting IMHO)  AND Konate at CB (he is French too)

(Giroud will be gone)

Image result for malang sarr9e097-1522583728-800.jpg

one issue with  Maatsen
he is SO short
that is ten cms shorter than Chilwell, 15 cms shorter than me in my bare feet, lolol
Malang Sarr of OGC Nice

would gel so well with fellow French speakers  Kante, Zouma, Bats and (if we have half a brain) Camavinga from Stade Rennais (Kantes 17yo eventual replacent in waiting IMHO)  AND Konate at CB (he is French too)
(Giroud will be gone)
Malang-Sarr-831634.jpg9e097-1522583728-800.jpg

Dani Alves is only 4 cm taller and he is one of the best ever FBs. Height does not matter that much when you are playing as a FB. He has to face small and fast wingers like Mane and Salah. About his lack of muscles. He is 17 and will start lifting weights eventually. At the end of the day, most important thing about defending is your position game. After that comes your timing and then your tackling technique. Even skinny Jorgi tackles the shit out of players and is one of the best tacklers in the league. Strenght helps, but there are more important things to consider. The only issue about lack of height would be in Corner Kicks.

Also, we do have 3 tall defenders with James, Zouma and Tomori. That should be enough.

Also, you sound like Mourinho with his height fetish.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Vesper said:

one issue with  Maatsen

he is SO short

Malang Sarr of OGC Nice

(Giroud will be gone)

Image result for malang sarr9e097-1522583728-800.jpg

I like Alex Telles I would go for him he's cheaper option to Ben chilwell and Telles is 5ft 11ins and he's quality crosser aswell 

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

I like Alex Telles I would go for him he's cheaper option to Ben chilwell and Telles is 5ft 11ins and he's quality crosser aswell 

Grimaldo would be a better option than Telles.

14 hours ago, the wes said:

Telles (I have loved him for years, as soon as we missed out the first time on Sandro, I said BUY!, thsi was 3, 4 years ago) was my 2nd choice after Chilwell, but so many freaked out over him, as he has been at Porto for years so they think he is not good enough or some club would have grabbed him long ago. The other thing is (now) his age. He turns 28 in the middle of next season, so we would only get 2 full sub 30yo seasons out of him, and fullbacks almsot always go downhill once they hit 30 (as I have documented on a shit tonne of posts over my time here) so he really is not a longer term solution. ATM, the only WC LB in football over 28yo is literally Jordi Alba at 30 (31 in March), and even he is showing a bit of wear on the tyres. Marcelo crashed out once he hit 30 (as I predicted)

Telles is tracking to around 17,000 minutes in the last 4 years at his current pace. That is almost Azpi level (Telles came damn close to 5000 minutes last year, missed it by only 204, and injury time , if it was counted, surely did put him over that 5000 mark, as he played the full 90 or more in all but 3 of his 53 games) and we all know the effect on Azpi with his crazy high minute per season ratio.

I still think he is a badass left back, and if he was here this year, we would be so much stronger. I am just trying to offer up longer terms possibilities. I think Malang Sarr is a really interesting option, IF he pans out for the full year at LB. He looks tailor-made for the EPL, but our scouts will have to make that call. Hopefully we get Chilwell and all of this is a moot point.

I have resigned myself to both Zouma and Willian being here next year more than likely (Zouma is growing on me, and it happen right after I snapped and said OFF OFF OFF and OUT OUT OUT, lol, he really has had a turnaround since then, it is crazy, like a light going on in his head) but I draw the line at Alonso. He has GOT TO GO, and Emerson is simply not an everyday WC LB (although he is a superb backup level player) Hopefully we sell him and get oe of the three I have talked about here (Chilwell, Sarr, or Telles) I am still pissed we sold Juan Familia-Castillo, I thought he really had a decent chance here, he is a superb passer, had 10 assists and 3 goals at LB for our EPL2 team in a bit over a half a seasons minutes.

16 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Dani Alves is only 4 cm taller and he is one of the best ever FBs. Height does not matter that much when you are playing as a FB. He has to face small and fast wingers like Mane and Salah. About his lack of muscles. He is 17 and will start lifting weights eventually. At the end of the day, most important thing about defending is your position game. After that comes your timing and then your tackling technique. Even skinny Jorgi tackles the shit out of players and is one of the best tacklers in the league. Strenght helps, but there are more important things to consider. The only issue about lack of height would be in Corner Kicks.

Also, we do have 3 tall defenders with James, Zouma and Tomori. That should be enough.

Also, you sound like Mourinho with his height fetish.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Height matters on a lot more than just corner kicks when it comes to defence for a fullback when you get BELOW a certain height, and this is the EPL, not La Liga or Ligue 1 and odds are super HIGH that Maatsen is not the next Alves  (who I so WOULD take, BTW, if he were 23, lololol)

Reece James is not short, but not that tall either (he is shorter than me, by a smidge) but he is a bull physically, so that negates most all there, and his height is in the perfectly acceptable range for me, absolutely), Tomori is decent (1.85m) size, Zouma is a beast

I do NOT expect a 1.90m LB, but 10cms shorter than Chilwell (who is 1.78m, not some jumbo sized fullback), is a concern for me until I see more play from Maatsen.

I also DO have limits on height, there is often a point for footballers where they are too tall, and lack fluidity. also, IF you are 2 metres plus tall and insanely athletic, strong and silky smooth, you are going to be playing basketball not football anyway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, Nicco said:

There is something wrong here, why is he on loan with an option to buy when his contract expires in June?

On 12/12/2019 at 8:59 PM, Vesper said:

ask

Image result for marina granovskaia laughing

Once again Vesper has it right. It would be more sensible to ask someone who actually knows, rather than people who have no idea about what clauses are really in contracts and why they are there. The fact that we fans don't know, proves only that we fans don't know.