Loïc Rémy

SeB

Always scores when he plays... that's what strikers are for, so I'm very pleased he did it once again.

I said a couple of weeks ago (this thread, Costa thread, can't remember) that I could see him being this season's Ba. Last season Ba started playing more frequently in the second half of the season and was used in many matches towards the very end.

DD had a good moment while both Remy and Costa were injured and he carried on the good form, so it was expected for Mou to give him more playing time. I said I expect this equation to be reversed now and I think that's going to start now with Costa's suspension.

Given the circumstances and how our midfield was absolutely invisible and ineffective, I think he did just fine even when we put the goal apart.

Credit to Remy. It's hard to score so consistently when you barely get the playing time.

Remy scored 1.05 goals per 90 minutes in the Champions League+PL
Costa scored 0.81 goals per 90 minutes in the Champions League+PL

Costa had better watch out. :P

Remy is an absolutely brilliant backup for Costa. I couldn't imagine a better backup to be honest. And most importantly - he has goals in him. You know whenever he's playing, there is a goal in him, just create the chance. From last year to this year, our striking options have improved the most BY FAR.

"I remember one time I was growing my hair because I wanted dreadlocks but I had bad results at school and my Dad wasn’t happy. He just took a razor and cut all my hair off - I cried for a long time!"

Poor poor Rémy :D

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/01/teenage-kicks--loic-remy0.html?WT.mc_id=social_20150204_39903627&adbid=562897614778421252&adbpl=tw&adbpr=22910295

He's a great backup that will benefit immensely from the next 180 mins of playing time

Its also a good position for the club - as Remy can score and will find some nice form going into the business end of the season

exactly my thinking, so take that you FA bastards :lol:

He didn't just take the goal, though. The brilliant, quick link up with Hazard deep in our own half set the foundation for the goal.

Small credit must also go to Willian for winning the ball back after Remy overhit the pass slightly to him just before the goal. :lol:

• 1 month later...