Loïc Rémy

SeB

His pace and versatility make him one of the most sensible signings we've made - it is criminal he gets so few chances!!

The thing is I am sure Remy knew what he was signing up to when he signed here which is a good thing. I don't think he was very deceived into thinking he would get PL games over Costa. He is on nice wages and he is playing for a team who are challenging for major honours. That alone I think was enough to convince him to come here. That being said it is so refreshing to see that you are not too fearful of misfiring when your main striker is injured. Remy is a proven goalscorer. He may not be as good as Costa but I have no doubt that if Remy was the main striker for us he probably would be up there with the top scorers in the league. His goal tally this season for the minutes he has played is excellent. While I am annoyed to see Costa injured I am happy to see Remy get his deserved extended period in the team.

Hoping Costa a speedy recovery but not too quick as I think Remy deserves a good run, and I have 100% faith in him that he can and will fire us to the league title if Costa remains out.

Quality back up.

Weirdly, I feel even more confident with Remy up front than with Diego. Diego offers us so much, but Loic is the better finisher of the two, undoubtedly. At this time of the year you need a fox in the box, and that is exactly what Remy is.

Weirdly, I feel even more confident with Remy up front than with Diego. Diego offers us so much, but Loic is the better finisher of the two, undoubtedly. At this time of the year you need a fox in the box, and that is exactly what Remy is.

Agree mate.

Chelsea striker Loic Remy returns to old club QPR enjoying belated chance to shine

Diego Costa's absence means Remy will lead the line on Sunday, as former managers Harry Redknapp Gerard Houllier pay tribute to his qualities

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11526837/Chelsea-striker-Loic-Remy-returns-to-old-club-QPR-enjoying-belated-chance-to-shine.html

Mourinho on Rémy:

"Even week after week when he was on the bench and Diego was starting matches, he pushed himself always to the limits to be in condition to answer when the right moment arrived," the Portuguese said in quotes reported by Chelsea's official website.

"Some players when they are not playing, the level of focus and commitment and training goes down, so after that when the team needs them they are not there for the team.

"Remy is a professional with a great profile, every time working very hard and when he was playing, whether scoring or not scoring, he was always there for the team. Now he has scored two goals in two matches and he makes some important points.

"I like him because he can score goals and that is important for a striker, but at the same time, his movement is always good and when the team is not in possession, he knows it is better when the team defends with 10 players and he has that contribution.

"Also when you build the squad, if a player can play in more than one position that is a plus and he can play also wide on the right or wide on the left."

To sum up: Rémy is love, Rémy is life.

Mourinho on Rémy:

"Even week after week when he was on the bench and Diego was starting matches, he pushed himself always to the limits to be in condition to answer when the right moment arrived," the Portuguese said in quotes reported by Chelsea's official website.

"Some players when they are not playing, the level of focus and commitment and training goes down, so after that when the team needs them they are not there for the team.

"Remy is a professional with a great profile, every time working very hard and when he was playing, whether scoring or not scoring, he was always there for the team. Now he has scored two goals in two matches and he makes some important points.

This is what Mourinho likes the most in a player. He can't work with anyone that has as much ego as him for long. Humility...

Why are people moaning? He's:

• Cheap
  • Experienced in the PL - 14 goals in 26 games with a shit Newcastle team is an excellent record
  • Clearly ambitious, hence why he joined us
  • Willing to fight for his place (otherwise he'd have joined Arsenal where he'd be automatic first choice)
  • An excellent squad player
  • At his absolute peak in terms of form and physical fitness
  • Able to perform as a CF or LW/RW in a 4-2-3-1
  • £10m cheaper than any other valid option, i.e. Destro, who also isn't proven in this league
  • Not shit like Torres

Why the fuck are people moaning?

B)

Mourinho on Rémy:

"I like him because he can score goals and that is important for a striker, but at the same time, his movement is always good and when the team is not in possession, he knows it is better when the team defends with 10 players and he has that contribution.

"Also when you build the squad, if a player can play in more than one position that is a plus and he can play also wide on the right or wide on the left."

To sum up: Rémy is love, Rémy is life.

Maybe if he had better squad management policy, the squad players wouldn't be so demoralised and unmotivated to start with.