Loïc Rémy

SeB

Last night was the perfect game for him. His technical ability and pace would have served us much better coupled with the fact that he's actually scored and played well in Europe for us this season but Jose felt a hot tempered, technically inept striker experiencing major goal drought in Europe was a better option. He should leave the club in the summer for his own good as he's actually a very very good striker.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm willing to bet he goes right back to the bench the next game. I haven't checked but it feels like he scores in virtually every game he's played significant minute in this season. significant minute meaning 30 minutes or more. Why he doesn't play more often I will never understand.

If Costa does miss the Stoke match like Mourinho hinted i have no problems in seeing Remy up front. The guy is a natural goalscorer. Had he been given more minutes and starts he would have much more goals to his name. It is no exaggeration to describe him as a quality striker because he is one.

And then people say Mou doesnt start players because they don't take their chance when they get one. He's been taken all his chances and is still warming the bench too regularly

Mark Schwarzer didn't do anything wrong last season until the Sunderland game but was never going to replace Cech.

Remy is a top squad player to have but Costa is the number one and rightly so.