Loïc Rémy

SeB

Personally, I think that the 'general consensus' suggestion of playing Remy (a natural striker) on the right ahead of Ivanovic (on current form) would be disastrous; he probably doesn't have the excellent defensive positioning of Willian, and this could leave Ivanovic hugely vulnerable. It might work if Azpi was at RB instead though :dunno: .

Your own suggested line-up and formation is interesting, but would probably require far too much of Matic as the lone DM.

My own view is that if Remy were to be played as a starter, he should play in the centre of the AMs (but as more of a 'second striker' behind Costa), with Hazard and Willian on either side. This would probably only work against a fairly limited number of teams, however.

It's typical fan desperation after a tough spell. Remy on the right would be worth a go (I doubt we'll ever see tbh) but it would most likely fail. You don't all of a sudden become a winger. A two striker system would be more likely, but I don't think the hold up play of the two strikers is good enough to make it work. Besides, it's not a favoured system of the coach.

Remy as a winger makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Willian, although not worth 32m, is an integral part of that right side. His defensive engine, understanding for the style of play used by Chelsea and work rates are qualities that cannot be sacrificed (yet).

Mourinho pretty much said as much in his interview with Ferdinand. He said, while managing Madrid, that even when the conceded first it didnt matter because the other teams were pushovers. Was he lying?

That doesnt mean Costa is better or worst... it just means Madrid is a lot better than almost any other team in the world. Obviously that's not the case for Atletico...

Costa is a WC player, Remy is not. Remy won't play in this team because Costa is a lot better. Thats the reality.

That doesnt mean Costa is better or worst... it just means Madrid is a lot better than almost any other team in the world. Obviously that's not the case for Atletico...

Costa is a WC player, Remy is not. Remy won't play in this team because Costa is a lot better. Thats the reality.

Schurrle is a WC winnner ,, so .............?????

Does that also explain why a 36yo drogba is ahead of him in the pecking order?

Does that also explain why a 36yo drogba is ahead of him in the pecking order?

I don't know. The manager is the one that has to chose. But between Costa and Drogba/Remy there is no doubt... Costa has something like 14 goals and is our main ST. The other 2 will play when Costa needs some rest or can't play.

The other 2 have no option.

I disagree.. He may be more dangerous behind the stirker, but in the pivot he is like the engine of the team. I think he is more useful with Matic in the midfield. Also, Ramires and Mikel wouldn't be good replacement. If we sign a top DM like Pogba or Nainggolan next summer we can talk about pushing Fábregas forward.

Perhaps, although the idea of having him positioned a little further up is tantislizing. Please bear in mind this is theory crafting for when starting both Costa and Remy together.

Mourinho pretty much said as much in his interview with Ferdinand. He said, while managing Madrid, that even when the conceded first it didnt matter because the other teams were pushovers. Was he lying?

Mourinho does a speak a lot of BS. He called La Liga the best league in the world when he was there. And if it was so easy for RM why did he only get 85 points in his final season?

He needs to play more. It's unfortunate for him (not for us) that we have Costa who has hit the ground running but, and as much as I like how Drogba has played this season, he should be ahead of him, not ALL the time but quite a few games I've been baffled when he hasn't got the nod. Hopefully he gets more chances in the long run because whats the point in having him? Keep up the good work Loic! Your building up a solid rapport with the talk chelsea fanbase!

Mourinho does a speak a lot of BS. He called La Liga the best league in the world when he was there. And if it was so easy for RM why did he only get 85 points in his final season?

I have stopped listening to ANYTHING Jose says .. I make my own judgements on what I see on the field.

IMO Jose is an excellent coach .. but I won't say more ,.. :halo: