Diego Costa

Spike

Expected..

Whats the difference between violent conduct and improper conduct?

violent striking or kicking or attempting it . Improper could be refusing to leave when sent off ,, or showing dissent even removing shirt as you walk off the pitch .. could

add an extra match to his red card ,, since red was 2 yellows .. could mean 2 match ban instead of one

That was literally the ONLY time. It was a one time stupid mistake as he himself would tell you. Correct me if I'm wrong but I genuinely can't remember any other similar incident. That is no way comparable to Costa (I'm actually a bit offended someone would compare JT to him!).

It is NOT typical of him or part of his character. Actually the way he did it so naively and blatantly only highlights how out of character it was for him. Whereas Costa does it 'expertly' which for me only makes it worse.

As for drawing energy from it, you can draw energy from clean physical competition as Didier used to do. Does anyone really need more motivation than being paid a shit load of money to play a sport he loves?!

Still, probably not a good idea to start comparing and dividing players from the same team. When it kicks off I notice JT is straight away backing up Diego.

As I said, the tv didnt pick up on Gabriel getting Costa round the neck twice before hand. Fair play to Cech acting as peacemaker -imagine if Lehman had been in goal, it would have been WW3

It's getting old now. Costa's behaviour is slowly turning him into a liability as he's either injured or suspended. He has now become a target of the FA and the Premier League governing bodies. I can't honestly defend his behaviour anymore as just being "strong-arm or old school". That's not it, he doesn't seem able to control himself.

Doesn't Mourinho ever have serious words with him? Mourinho was defending Costa in his post-game interview with the lame excuse of "fans come to see aggressive players like Costa", but generally, this is isn't true. Maybe back in the day, yes, but English football is no longer like that. If Costa does get banned for 3 matches, the club need send a message to Costa by fining him his wages. Let him know we don't tolerate this kind of thuggery.

Are Chelsea fans honestly saying they hope he gets a 5 match ban and that? Lol

Astounding, isn't it? Same with people here saying they're glad he's suspended.

Did he deserve to get banned? Probably. Are we a better team without him? No. He needs to be playing games to round into form. Now he'll miss a few matches and likely come back even more out of form than he has been.

Falcao will almost certainly get the nod now.

But...Costa does deserve this.

It's a contact sport but people are crying out over a minor tussle that wasn't even violent. The only dangerous thing he did, if you want to argue, was swinging the arm out on Koscielny. Otherwise, there wasn't much in it and certainly not when others have committed much worse offences.

There could be a ban like this after every match if this is a precedent FA wants to set. Players throw elbows and shove people around all the time and get no reds.

People talk about this all time but the FA has hardly given a crap about it. Only punish the player(s) involved if they want to. There's no consistency in what they do.

What they should do is hang,draw and quarter him then hang him upside down by his bollox and strip the skin from his back then stick him in a court of his peers which are provided by our own supporters chosen from here so you can stick him in a prison cell so he could make a ball from his bellybutton fluff. Maybe it would keep some moaning gits happy. Never heard so much codswallop.

violent striking or kicking or attempting it . Improper could be refusing to leave when sent off ,, or showing dissent even removing shirt as you walk off the pitch .. could

add an extra match to his red card ,, since red was 2 yellows .. could mean 2 match ban instead of one

Actually he was shown a straight Red so he was on a yellow then got a straight Red

It was Carzola who was 2 yellows