Diego Costa

Spike

I can't believe there are people on here who think he doesn't deserve ban. Be happy if he doesn't get Suarez treatment afterwards. He is on the verge of getting it. Rightly so. People should watch football when they watch Chelsea, not his antics, slappings in the face and pushovers.

This was coming ... Nothing surprising ...

What I'm worried is going forward referees wouldnt believe into Costa's antics (not that they do now but he has managed to get quite a few in his favor) and when there is a 50-50 situation the decision would go against us which will instigate Costa further into during something stupid ...

What they should do is hang,draw and quarter him then hang him upside down by his bollox and strip the skin from his back then stick him in a court of his peers which are provided by our own supporters chosen from here so you can stick him in a prison cell so he could make a ball from his bellybutton fluff. Maybe it would keep some moaning gits happy. Never heard so much codswallop.

Couldn't have said it better myself :D

Also are actually people suggesting he should get a 5 matches ban? smh

Diego is no angel and that's why there are referees and linesmen on the field. He does what he does because he gets away with it and pushes the limits and sometimes crosses the line. That said, if the FA want to clearly establish their lines and review EVERY game on the weekend, not just the ones that the journos highlight, then that will give them credibility and I would accept their decisions. But the way they cherrypick their battles makes you question motives. Others have said it, this kind of stuff happens all the time, doesn't mean I condone it and doesn't mean I like it, but so long as the FA pick and choose when to properly enforce the rules of the game, this sort of thing will always be a part of the game. This is inconsistency bordering on favouritism/harrassment depending on which side of the decisions your club typically fall on. I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but I really wonder about some of the decisionmakers' thought processes.

You can't tell a man who feels he is a victim that he isn't anymore than you can try to convince a man that is in love that he isn't.

This is the right decision, and the club would do well in accepting it and moving forward like nothing happened. He'll be rested to unleash on Porto.

If people dont like the way he plays theres an off button on that square thing next to your armchair that says off.

He gives me the type of excitement and enthusiasm I yearn for when I go to watch them.

Gabriel shouldn't haveb stuck his nose in and tried yet again to get Costa sent off. Big girls blouse. I suppose he should get a 6 match ban for this too eh

Okay this is what I don't understand. How far (in years) are you guys going to go with this inconsistency?

And just because Costa isn't getting away with this, doesn't mean we never do. Cahill last season anyone? Costa in CL last season?

Yes, we SHOULD have some freaking consistency, but don't treat like Chelsea never got away with things while other teams do.

We got away with it but we also got punished.

Thing is city for example, I dont know when they got punished last time. Aguero on Luiz-not, yaya on mata-not, mangala last year-not etc.

I know sometimes we get away sometimes not and as for Costa thing, I dont like him being punished but it was coming.

Other teams dont get that shit from Fa. Suarez and Fellaini, but thats all I remember right now. And there are many examples when city, united and pool players looked proper cunts but got away in many cases.

The thing that ticks me off is that he now has even more of a bed rep. I get tough physicality, i really do, , but his theatricality(is this an english word?) is now going to come raining down on us. Every time there is a scrum he will be carded, which will hurt Chelsea as a team. Hence my issue with what has happened. At least he should make war a little less like the star player in a Hamlet performance. One can be badass or psychologically intimidating though without those antics and bitch slapping.

Just an idea.

Yes. An example: