Diego Costa

Spike

I was just about to pull out the Chopper example, my dad was down the Bridge in the 60s and said Costa would have been mocked for being such a pussy by those standards!

My old man told me about Chopper, He made sure players knew he was about

The few Chelsea fans who hate Costa, most likely used to or still do get bullied when they play football.

Don't be so sure. First I dont hate him, i think he crossed the line.

Second, i always played very much on the edge as a defender. Year by year yellow card champion. Still, while having a hard game and a razor sharp tackle is a whole other thing than slapping, scratching, over the top antics, etc.

Also, its quite the opposite of leadership, which I expect from someone leading our line.

Whilst his actions once again were out of line lets not allow this to cloud to what I thought was a very good display from him. Yes he didn't score but he was a constant thorn in the Arsenal side for me. He made some great runs, he ran the channels very well and pulled that Arsenal back line around the field with ease.

I don't want him to stop being an awkward cunt, I want him to stop reacting in the way he does because a lengthy ban is incoming if he does not reign it in.

I hate the Telegraph and rarely look at it but there's an article saying Costa could face ban for Arsenal Antics. What they mean is replace the word could with should. It's just blatant shit stirring. Can't see how the F.A. could do anything he got booked that's the end of the matter. But he's a Chelsea player so history dictates this won't be the end of the matter.

For a big man and a player known as a hard man, he's not that physically imposing. Drogba would humiliate players when it came to sheer strength (he would rarely pass up the opportunity to dive when he felt slight contact in his early days though). I wish Diego was more dominating in physical tussles.

Would also be nice if he started threatening goal and scoring goals again. Maybe a double vs Newcastle.

Who says its totally unacceptable ? Have you watched any games in South America, Africa, Eastern Europe ?

Yes in an ideal world, all that stuff would be eradicated, but corporate media as you know Chou need the soap opera, they need the bad guy -and invariably as always its Chelsea. It will always be there Ronaldo got Rooney sent off, the other Diego got Beckham sent off in World cups and it goes on every week. Its not like he has murdered Palestinian kids, he's given another multi millionaire a slap after intense provocation. People will always cheat, and I am not going to get on some media driven bandwagon to condemn him. If we all did the logical conclusion would be to drive him and the best manager we ever had out of Stamford Bridge. :)

He never punches anyone in the face, as Keown and Savage said its always an open hand, and only then under intense provocation. TV hasnt shown the way Koscielny was having digs beforehand. Gabriel and Koschielny tried to wind him up and paid the price.

Oh the media can sod off. They are sleazy sport journos, they can't claim to have moral superiority over anyone. I don't care one bit about them.

But it still remains that he does not NEED to do any of that. Hands open or closed make little difference to me, he doesn't need to slap nor punch anyone.

You've mentioned Chopper, for me JT is a personal hero. He's physical, a hard tackler, he never shies away from contact or from confrontation, and he's one of the most passionate and emotional players I've ever seen but he's never punched, elbowed, stamped on, head butted anyone.

I love the lad from the day he joined us but before that like most of us (and JT) I hated him. But hes brought to us what we have missed alot which is his fighting spirit.

t winds the fuck up out of me how our own supporters can be hateful towards one of our own when hes doing his job and doing it well. But it disgusts me to have those same people say that the supporters who like the way he played lack morals.

By all means people can slag a player off when hes playing shite. Ive called Bane every name in the book and made some up of my own ffs. But I dontgo slagging off the deluded people who say hes doing a good job!

If the oppositions managers, the online click 'news' sites and refs took more notice of the grief that Costa took every game then he just might not find the need to give it back.