Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Jason, on 29 Nov 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

I agree but blaming the formation is only valid till a certain point. Putting him in the pivot doesn't excuse his tendency to give the ball away, just jog around when the opposition have the ball, not put in the challenges etc. Those are practically basic things you would expect any player to do well regardless of the position they play in (except GK of course).

Exactly. If he's playing like this as a pivot and as an attacking midfielder, would I be crazy to think he'd also play like this in a traditional CM role?

He's got the talent to have good games every now and again, but he just seems like he's completely lost what he had even last season. Look at the play where he stands over the ball for a few seconds, dancing around it. There were 4 options for him to play a safe ground pass, but he decides to lob it up halfway across the pitch. Add that it was a poor cross as well.

The sooner RLC starts the better. Cesc has become the biggest fraud since Torres. Cant believe people still think the problem is in team and not Cesc.

What he did today was a joke and not even a funny one. Should be the first one to get benched and replaced eventualy replaced with someone who actualy has the balls and ability to be midfield leader and playmaker.

Right now playing RLC ahead of this guy won't be an issue at all, Cesc is offering as much on the field as I do.

The problem being is JM and his 'my old pals act' outlook, instead of looking past his fucking nose.

If Ramires was available and started instead of Fabregas we would have most likely won the match. It really was often worse than playing with 10 men yesterday. Did little defensively and only broke up our attacks offensively. Sigh...

We have known he's a flat track bully for a long time now, and we know he doesn't work in the pivot in big games. I've accepted it for what it is, because our manager doesn't seem to have a work around for it.

is he even a flat track bully now-a-days?

a flat track bully can atleast play well against the bottom half and middle table teams. cesc cant. i mean all you need to do is have a half-decent good pressing mid and he is DEAD.

is he even a flat track bully now-a-days?

a flat track bully can atleast play well against the bottom half and middle table teams. cesc cant. i mean all you need to do is have a half-decent good pressing mid and he is DEAD.

His performance against Norwich just two games ago? Or how he dominated the league in the first half of last season. He definitely has it in him, whether he's in a bad moment or not you can't deny him that.

His performance against Norwich just two games ago? Or how he dominated the league in the first half of last season. He definitely has it in him, whether he's in a bad moment or not you can't deny him that.

Hence why benching him would do the club and himself a world of good.

he surprised me when with his performances for us in the first half of the last season. but THIS is the cesc that i see most of the time.

i cant give him any credit for norwich or even tel-aviv when i could have bet all my money that he would be having a poor performance against spurs. and its not even spurs. its literally any midfield in the world that can press him.

I think we're being too harsh on the lad.

F**K me that video did make me laugh though - I simply think he's trying too hard! I think a few of our players are in this boat and not playing a natural game and trying the impossible and it's failing... which is pretty obvious when you think about it - trying the impossible and it failing :)

I do think he gives it everything he's got and there's no denying the system doesn't seem to work for him as it did for Arsenal or Spain.

He does have a killer pass in him - but he's had a Donkey (Costa) up front all season and now a False No.9 - none of our attacking play looks exactly 'honed' - so everything is unpredictable and relying on luck (back to that impossible, possible stuff again!)

I honestly think if we had a decent team shape when attacking and players that also knew not only their defensive duties, but attacking ones too - we could really get the best out of him.

I think he's had some unfair stick about being the mole - which obviously wasn't true

I don't understand why people are so against him....i mean he's not even playing today. Judge him when he'll be on the pitch.

unfortunately for us, he IS on the pitch. i mean physically he is present, but performance-wise... well, i have seen some bloopers and it had better performances.