Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I haven't seen the other three players enough to comment but I think Gotze is rubbish. Talented no doubt but not the player that people think he is; I don't believe Gotze is the player to revitalise this club.

Nobody needs Fabregas, those clubs aren't going to waste a fortune on a player that is out of form and is a luxury signing. I really don't think PSG would, I don't see them as trigger happy with the funds as they were a couple of years back. They just hocked off several midfielders, including Cabaye.

So how is Gotze rubbish but Fabregas is not? Fabregas has been horribly inconsistent at Barca, he always disappeared in the second half of the season. You can ask every Barca they'll tell you the same, Gotze has huge potential and I believe that he can do good at Chelsea but I'd prefer Teixeira or Calhanoglu to be fair. Look at how horrible Fabregas has been this year. He has been playing shit for months like he doesn't give a damn.

I'd bet 100 quid that if we transferlisted Fabregas that a club would be interested in him. Man UTD can be interested, Monaco can be interested etc.

So how is Gotze rubbish but Fabregas is not? Fabregas has been horribly inconsistent at Barca, he always disappeared in the second half of the season. You can ask every Barca they'll tell you the same, Gotze has huge potential and I believe that he can do good at Chelsea but I'd prefer Teixeira or Calhanoglu to be fair. Look at how horrible Fabregas has been this year. He has been playing shit for months like he doesn't give a damn.

I'd bet 100 quid that if we transferlisted Fabregas that a club would be interested in him. Man UTD can be interested, Monaco can be interested etc.

I never said that Fabregas isn't rubbish right now. Don't put words in my mouth.

Why would Manchester United buy him? They don't need Fabregas in the slightest. Why would Fabregas agree to joining Monaco, he seems much more ambitious that to just join Moncaco. Besides, saying Monaco would buy is crazy, they have been much more stringet with the transfer in the last two seasons. In fact, I'd say that Monaco is a selling club.

This isn't Football Manager where players magically leave when transfer listed.

I think it was different at Barcelona. He was always good there but he was a square shape in a round hole. He never really clicked with the manager's approach. To passive, Cesc is a much more aggressive player than people realise due to his time in England. He would smash forward and leave holes in the midfield, he would score goals and assists but would leave it open to counter attack. Maybe what the club needs is it's own version of Vidal and Marchisio to give the midfield a platform to give creative license to whatever player. I don't know who those players could be but I know it isn't Ramires and Mikel.

I take it you have a soft spot for Inter?

I personally don't think would be worth such a platform. Fantastic player but I'd only go to such lengths for a player of legendary level (Vidal's and Marchisio's are extremely hard to find).

Pirlo worked out in hindsight but it was something that coincidentally just came together. Or maybe I'm taking too much credit away from Conte. He could be a visionary. And while it worked domestically, it was different in Europe. Juve reached the CL final when Pirlo was already past it. But then again, Pirlo's best season was the year they didn't play CL football.

But I disgress. For the sake of Chelsea, I hope you're right.

Not at all. I like to fantasise about other teams from to time, imagining how they could improve their teams. I don't know why.

Oh, look. They've equalised. Shocker.

I never said that Fabregas isn't rubbish right now. Don't put words in my mouth.

Why would Manchester United buy him? They don't need Fabregas in the slightest. Why would Fabregas agree to joining Monaco, he seems much more ambitious that to just join Moncaco. Besides, saying Monaco would buy is crazy, they have been much more stringet with the transfer in the last two seasons. In fact, I'd say that Monaco is a selling club.

This isn't Football Manager where players magically leave when transfer listed.

You talk as if a transfer has never happened in football. Are we not able to buy a fucking attacking midfielder to replace Fabregas? Is it that hard? We've sold Schurrle, De Bruyne etc how in the hell can we not sell Fabregas? He has his agent who does that job.

You talk as if a transfer has never happened in football. Are we not able to buy a fucking attacking midfielder to replace Fabregas? Is it that hard? We've sold Schurrle, De Bruyne etc how in the hell can we not sell Fabregas? He has his agent who does that job.

Are you illiterate or just ignorant? I said earlier that the club can buy a midfielder without selling Fabregas. Of course the club can sell Fabregas, I'm just stating it is a lot harder than you are making it out to be. There needs to be a club that wants him to fufill a need and I don't think there is a club that wants him or can afford him in this juncture of time. Maybe in the future he can be sold but he won't be in this January transfer window (which I is what I've been referring and stating this whole entire time).

You given me two examples and I given you two observations why he won't be sold to those clubs in the near future.

I will reiterate

Manchester United - They have a lot of midfielders already. They don't have any issues with their midfield. They don't need to spend a lot of money fixing something they don't have an issue with.

Monaco - They don't spend big anymore. They won't buy a player anymore with hugs wages, it is why they are trying to get rid of Falcao. Besides, if Fabregas is a player that wants to win trophies Monaco isn't the club. Monaco may want Fabregas but he probably doesn't want them.

Do you understand? I have never said that Fabregas can't be sold (you put that in my mouth), I've stated that no club needs him right now or would be willing to buy an expensive luxury player in January. I have not stated that in the future he won't be sold.

It isn't hard to grasp.

Are you illiterate or just ignorant? I said earlier that the club can buy a midfielder without selling Fabregas. Of course the club can sell Fabregas, I'm just stating it is a lot harder than you are making it out to be. There needs to be a club that wants him to fufill a need and I don't think there is a club that wants him or can afford him in this juncture of time. Maybe in the future he can be sold but he won't be in this January transfer window.

You given me two examples and I given you two observations why he won't be sold to those clubs in the near future.

I will reiterate

Manchester United - They have a lot of midfielders already. They don't have any issues with their midfield. They don't need to spend a lot of money fixing something they don't have an issue with.

Monaco - They don't spend big anymore. They won't buy a player anymore with hugs wages, it is why they are trying to get rid of Falcao. Besides, if Fabregas is a player that wants to win trophies Monaco isn't the club. Monaco may want Fabregas but he probably doesn't want them.

Do you understand? I have never said that Fabregas can't be sold (you put that in my mouth), I've stated that no club needs him right now or would be willing to buy an expensive luxury player in January. I have not stated that in the future he won't be sold.

It isn't hard to grasp.

When you're selling top tier players it isn't that hard to sell. Even if big clubs have enough midfielders they can still buy them.

You are overthinking things mate. If we want to sell Fabregas in January then he will be sold in January, why? Because he is a top tier player.

When you're selling top tier players it isn't that hard to sell. Even if big clubs have enough midfielders they can still buy them.

You are overthinking things mate. If we want to sell Fabregas in January then he will be sold in January, why? Because he is a top tier player.

Then why is the club selling a top tier player? That seems counter-intuitive for you to be calling him a top tier player when you are so critical of him. I think you are over simplifying things. Clubs aren't so reactionary to simply buy a player because they are available. They are so many factors that come into play: costs, wages, squad registration, Champions League qualification, the manager's approach to the game, the club's needs, what areas need to be prioritised, etc. I'm sure managers, staff and the coaches know what their team's weaknesses is. I just don't see any top club needing a creative midfielder in January.

I just don't believe any club would just buy him because he is available. If they don't need him, they aren't going to bother, it is a waste of resources. PSG could be a destination in Summer transfer window but they'd have to shed some of their current midfield. I can see him sold in Summer but not in January.

The players you listed earlier: Schurrle and De Bruyne. They were sold to a relatively 'smaller' club. With a lower transfer fee and a wages, also they don't have the 'top tier' pedigree that Fabregas has and the demands that come along with it. They also fufilled a need that their new clubs needed.

Then why is the club selling a top tier player? That seems counter-intuitive for you to be calling him a top tier player when you are so critical of him. I think you are over simplifying things. Clubs aren't so reactionary to simply buy a player because they are available. They are so many factors that come into play: costs, wages, squad registration, Champions League qualification, the manager's approach to the game, the club's needs, what areas need to be prioritised, etc. I'm sure managers, staff and the coaches know what their team's weaknesses is. I just don't see any top club needing a creative midfielder in January.

I just don't believe any club would just buy him because he is available. If they don't need him, they aren't going to bother, it is a waste of resources. PSG could be a destination in Summer transfer window but they'd have to shed some of their current midfield. I can see him sold in Summer but not in January.

Top tier as in status, fame and career not meaning performance wise. By the way how in the hell do you know if a club is not interested in him?

Top tier as in status, fame and career not meaning performance wise.

Exactly. Right now, he isn't worth it for any club. He doesn't improve them with his current form, hence the reason he won't be sold in January. Summer is a clean slate, clubs are more likely to make moves for players like Fabregas. He is a big commitment; a huge player to transfer in. He expects huge wages, CL qualification and the whole 9 yards but his current form just isn't justifying of that.

He might go in Summer but not January. If he does go in January I'll be very surprised and put my hands up that I was wrong. I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong

Mata was sold when he was playing terribly (much like Fabregas is now), but the difference is that he fulfilled a need for Manchester United and wasn't starting for Chelsea. Fabregas is a starter and doesn't fufill any needs for top clubs.

Exactly. Right now, he isn't worth it for any club. He doesn't improve them with his current form, hence the reason he won't be sold in January. Summer is a clean slate, clubs are more likely to make moves for players like Fabregas. He is a big commitment; a huge player to transfer in. He expects huge wages, CL qualification and the whole 9 yards but his current form just isn't justifying of that.

He might go in Summer but not January. If he does go in January I'll be very surprised and put my hands up that I was wrong. I'm big enough to admit when I am wrong.

There have been many big player signings in January. Clubs that are interested would rush to buy him January so that they could get him ASAP instead of another club. Never in my life have I seen a player that is very famous, has a good CV etc. fail to sign for a big new club. If we transferlisted Fabregas then he would be sold, why? Because clubs will fight over him and some won't wait till the summer. It's not like his contract is running out in the summer, so there's no reason for the other club to will until the summer.

There have been many big player signings in January. Clubs that are interested would rush to buy him January so that they could get him ASAP instead of another club. Never in my life have I seen a player that is very famous, has a good CV etc. fail to sign for a big new club. If we transferlisted Fabregas then he would be sold, why? Because clubs will fight over him and some won't wait till the summer. It's not like his contract is running out in the summer, so there's no reason for the other club to will until the summer.

I'm not saying that isn't true but what clubs are interested? What clubs do need him? I don't think any do and that is why he won't be sold. If clubs were interested in him, they would bid regardless of transfer listing. As I said earlier, he doesn't' fulfill a need so no club wants him, regardless of transfer listing, most smart clubs don't buy players just because, maybe PSG. City, Real, Barca et al aren't going to buy him, they don't need him.

He isn't going to be transfer-listed so that is a pointless hypothetical.

I'm not saying that isn't true but what clubs are interested? What clubs do need him? I don't think any do and that is why he won't be sold. If clubs were interested in him, they would bid regardless of transfer listing.

He isn't going to be transfer-listed so that is a pointless hypothetical.

I agree with you on that he isn't going to be transfer listed. I just wish he was.

One of the biggest reasons behind Pirlo's rejuvenation was the presence of Vidal and Marchisio (and later Pogba). You think Fabregas will ever be awarded such a luxurious platform? In one of the episodes in my fantasy world, Mourinho joins Inter and takes Cesc with him, giving him the Sneijder role and platform.

I agree with you, except for the first blip part. He went through these moments at Barca at well. But Fabregas will bounce back. To a certain degree at least. I do wonder how good he can still be. Pirlo played a less demanding role.

but he's smart to know what he needs by his side. Look his XI's team... it's the kind of presence he needs to operate on his best. Everyone can see it, maybe except some of the people in charge of our club.

Lazy, soft, slow and overrated. Only thing going for him is that rare sublime pass and besides that nothing but a dead weight IMO. I don't think he can improve much either as he has hit the same invisible wall as Ivanovic.

No more set pieces for fucks sake.

Teixeira, Calhanoglu, Gotze and Pjanic are the ones I can come up with at the moment.

All are affordable since we won the PL last season and if we present them a good offer there is a huge possibility that they'll come.

As for Fabregas lol you've got to be kidding me? Do you really think that no one would buy Fabregas? Lol PSG would put in an offer just because they can.

Mourinho would eat the turk for breakfast.

I haven't seen the other three players enough to comment but I think Gotze is rubbish. Talented no doubt but not the player that people think he is; I don't believe Gotze is the player to revitalise this club. In saying that, I wouldn't say no to any of those players joining I just don't believe it is necessary for Fabregas to leave to accommodate them.

Nobody needs Fabregas, those clubs aren't going to waste a fortune on a player that is out of form and is a luxury signing, especially in January. I really don't think PSG would, I don't see them as trigger happy with the funds as they were a couple of years back. They just hocked off several midfielders, including Cabaye.

Arab teams + madrid can always buy regardless of need.