The Board

Why was it so much to buy CFC?

I thought the price was £3.25B, and even that was way way too much

£2,000,000,000 would have been well adequate.

What difference would it have made to Roman? he's not getting any of the proceeds.

He could let the club go for £1.00 

This whole thing is a farce

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ok with Buck's departure. Partly because 76 is a challenging age at which to hold an executive position in a large business, and partly because he favoured the Rickets. That last one was the end of the line for me.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

Marina leaving could have a big impact on our transfer activity this summer but she was never going to be staying long term after Roman sold.

Let's see what Boehly is made of this summer as it sounds like he has taken control of the Lukaku negotiations.

Will be interesting to see now what happens to Cech. I don't think his role is perhaps as intertwined with the old ownership as Marina and Buck were, and his affection and standing within Chelsea is way beyond the board room. He's been in his role at the club 3 years now learning and developing and from what it sounds like he is a hugely important link for Tuchel at the club so he doesn't have to manage upwards perhaps to the lengths he did at Dortmund and PSG, so I'm hoping Cech stays.

Guess we know why we’ve done fuck all so far. Seems like everything is in flux behind the scenes and Matt Law mentions that Boehly himself is negotiating transfers. A guy who doesn’t know the ins and outs of European football. 

Hopefully he installs a top class DoF soon.

Boehly-Clearlake will almost certainly have to appoint a new sporting director but until then Boehly and Tuchel will take on the bulk of the responsibility left behind by Marina Granovskaia. [Matt Law- Telegraph] #

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Guess we know why we’ve done fuck all so far. Seems like everything is in flux behind the scenes and Matt Law mentions that Boehly himself is negotiating transfers. A guy who doesn’t know the ins and outs of European football. 

Hopefully he installs a top class DoF soon.

Yes but he’s not exactly going to be doing it blindly or chasing League 1 players lol, don’t worry. Someone who has taken over a European super club and runs a hugely successful franchise as it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is as shrewd as he’s made out to be. He undoubtedly will have done his homework, as will scouts at the club and he will undoubtedly have huge inputs from Tuchel on preferred targets.

Getting jumpy because nothing has happened yet is standard OTT panicking for on here but theres so much other things that need to be done ie. new chairman, someone replacing Marina long term, all the loose ends and structuring/restructuring after the take over, replacing/continuing sponsors who left/suspsended deals after Roman was sanctioned amongst others undoubtedly plus new deals for Reece and Mason will be a top priority. It sure doesn’t happen overnight. Patience is needed for this first month or 2.

Edited by OneMoSalah