The Board

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If we don't finish in the Top 4, then people can forget about Sancho etc, I think. Our budget would be reduced because the club would have to cover the loss of not getting the CL money. We suffered a 96 million loss when we last missed out on the CL...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7841179/Chelsea-announce-96-6m-LOSS-financial-year-making-profit-2017-2018.html

Still doubt we will get Sancho regardless even more so if Barkley and Willian stay. Ziyech hopefully plays centrally but if Lampard persists with Mason and developing him he will play Ziyech wider. 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Imagine relying o City's outcome...just be typical us.

At the current rate, we're gonna need City's ban to stand and PL to dock their points this season to finish in the CL spots. 5th spot alone won't be enough when we are a sinking ship, with few sharks circling around. 

On 14/02/2020 at 10:05 PM, Nicco said:

Yeah incredible arrogance from the fans for wanting a better player than Ziyech and Boga combined in Sancho.

Sorry but did you see Ziyechs performances last season and this season in CL? Different player to Sancho but I dont think Sancho has replicated anything like some of his Bundesliga games in the CL against bigger teams either. Could be wrong but again didnt Dortmund crash out in last 16 losing 5-0 v Spurs? Wouldny say Sancho is an superior player to Ziyech and not to the degree your making out.

28 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sorry but did you see Ziyechs performances last season and this season in CL? Different player to Sancho but I dont think Sancho has replicated anything like some of his Bundesliga games in the CL against bigger teams either. Could be wrong but again didnt Dortmund crash out in last 16 losing 5-0 v Spurs? Wouldny say Sancho is an superior player to Ziyech and not to the degree your making out.

Tonight Sancho vs Mbappe. New Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry in the next decade potentially. 

Anyway, with RLC back just couple of days ago I was hoping for the first time this season we'll be full squad complete and BOOM now suddenly Abraham, CHO, Pulisic, Kante, RLC and Christensen all out. And Kovacic looks like pick up some injury as well... Unbelievable! 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

At the current rate, we're gonna need City's ban to stand and PL to dock their points this season to finish in the CL spots. 5th spot alone won't be enough when we are a sinking ship, with few sharks circling around. 

I know that but it's sad we have to rely on a third party because we are shit.

It is time for most of the board to be cashiered or (and he will never do that) the club needs to be sold

especially if (actually when, as it is almost certain) after the new stadium permit expires in 42 days, as we cannot compete under FFP rules without a new stadium

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tonight Sancho vs Mbappe. New Messi vs Ronaldo rivalry in the next decade potentially. 

Anyway, with RLC back just couple of days ago I was hoping for the first time this season we'll be full squad complete and BOOM now suddenly Abraham, CHO, Pulisic, Kante, RLC and Christensen all out. And Kovacic looks like pick up some injury as well... Unbelievable! 

Sancho isnt on Mbappes level. Not at all for me.

I think Mbappe has already established himself as a world class player. He was absolutely vital in dragging France to a world cup win aged 19 and for me that is as big a sign of being world class as anything these days. Considering the players that France side had too, Mbappe was the deciding factor in a some of the bigger games - Argentina and Croatia particularly.

Throw in his performances in the CL as well as throughout the season Monaco won Ligue 1 (aged 18 he scored 26 goals in 44 games across that season) and then what he has done for PSG in terms of his performances and goals to games ratio since then at such a young age (84 goals for PSG in 115 games), I think its fair to say Sancho hasnt scratched the surface of what Mbappe has done already in his short career (Mbappe has won and been a key part of the sides, winning 3 Ligue 1 titles, 1 World Cup and 3 Domestic trophies already in 5 seasons as a professional).

I think Mbappe will hands down be the best footballer of his generation and at this rate, he could do so virtually unopposed because I dont see any outstanding candidates at present who could compete or go past him. Not even Sancho, who I think does have a big future in the game, will reach the same level if Mbappes career continues at this trajectory. I think if he ever moves he will eclipse Neymars fee.

53 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sancho isnt on Mbappes level. Not at all for me.

I think Mbappe has already established himself as a world class player. He was absolutely vital in dragging France to a world cup win aged 19 and for me that is as big a sign of being world class as anything these days. Considering the players that France side had too, Mbappe was the deciding factor in a some of the bigger games - Argentina and Croatia particularly.

Throw in his performances in the CL as well as throughout the season Monaco won Ligue 1 (aged 18 he scored 26 goals in 44 games across that season) and then what he has done for PSG in terms of his performances and goals to games ratio since then at such a young age (84 goals for PSG in 115 games), I think its fair to say Sancho hasnt scratched the surface of what Mbappe has done already in his short career (Mbappe has won and been a key part of the sides, winning 3 Ligue 1 titles, 1 World Cup and 3 Domestic trophies already in 5 seasons as a professional).

I think Mbappe will hands down be the best footballer of his generation and at this rate, he could do so virtually unopposed because I dont see any outstanding candidates at present who could compete or go past him. Not even Sancho, who I think does have a big future in the game, will reach the same level if Mbappes career continues at this trajectory. I think if he ever moves he will eclipse Neymars fee.

Sancho is pretty damn close to the level of talent Mbappe was showing at the time of his move to PSG.

Aged 18:

Sancho 12 goals and 17 assists in the Bundesliga

Mbappe 15 goals and 11 assists in Ligue 1

Aged 19:

Sancho 13 goals and 14 assists in the Bundesliga with 12 league games to go, could easily end up with in the low 20s in both goals and assists at this rate

Mbappe 13 goals and 7 assists in Ligue 1 (first season at PSG), tho he probably had some injuries in there too

One could also argue that the Bundesliga is a lot more competitive than Ligue 1, especially with Mbappe now playing for the dominant team with unlimited resources. Mbappe of course was insane for Monaco in their CL run and not bad in his first European campaign at PSG either while Sancho is still yet to show the same consistency in the Champions League.

Of course there's the 2018 World Cup and the following club season 18/19 where Mbappe really started shining and banging in goals for fun but Sancho hasn't had the chance to do that yet so it's kind of an unfair comparison to begin with.

Euro2020 and the next one or two seasons for Sancho at his new club, wherever he ends up at, will be a good indicator on whether he deserves to be considered in the same bracket as Mbappe. Time will tell, but the signs are definitely there that he could well be. 

2 hours ago, Jype said:

Sancho is pretty damn close to the level of talent Mbappe was showing at the time of his move to PSG.

Aged 18:

Sancho 12 goals and 17 assists in the Bundesliga

Mbappe 15 goals and 11 assists in Ligue 1

Aged 19:

Sancho 13 goals and 14 assists in the Bundesliga with 12 league games to go, could easily end up with in the low 20s in both goals and assists at this rate

Mbappe 13 goals and 7 assists in Ligue 1 (first season at PSG), tho he probably had some injuries in there too

One could also argue that the Bundesliga is a lot more competitive than Ligue 1, especially with Mbappe now playing for the dominant team with unlimited resources. Mbappe of course was insane for Monaco in their CL run and not bad in his first European campaign at PSG either while Sancho is still yet to show the same consistency in the Champions League.

Of course there's the 2018 World Cup and the following club season 18/19 where Mbappe really started shining and banging in goals for fun but Sancho hasn't had the chance to do that yet so it's kind of an unfair comparison to begin with.

Euro2020 and the next one or two seasons for Sancho at his new club, wherever he ends up at, will be a good indicator on whether he deserves to be considered in the same bracket as Mbappe. Time will tell, but the signs are definitely there that he could well be. 

Maybe but I think Mbappe also had consistent great performances against big teams in that period too at club level for Monaco and also PSG. As well as international level in a huge tournament as mentioned.

Sancho is a talent I wont deny that and maybe he can go that extra level again eventually like Mbappe but until he does that regularly, I will be reserved in my judgement of him until then. That's why I dont think he is at the same level as Mbappe right now as well. 

If he does the Euros and club performances at a high level yes he has every chance I wont disagree but I think that Mbappe will be difficult for many players to catch and compete with not just Sancho.

Really be intriguing to see how Rodrygo and Vinicuis Jnr do they in the next 2 or 3 seasons as well as Sancho. They can be top players but again not sure if theyll be as good as Mbappe will when he reaches his best years.

14 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Mbappe, Sancho and now Haaland look to be on course to be next gen best players in the world. Would be incredibly stupid from our club not to try signing Sancho or even Haaland given we have plenty of cash and we need new players in attack

Mbappe, Sancho and now Haaland look to be on course to be next gen best players in the world. Would be incredibly stupid from our club not to try signing Sancho or even Haaland given we have plenty of cash and we need new players in attack
I would not sign Haaland because of his stupid agent. He would leave us in one or two seasons regardless. I would rather go for Sancho, but only if we still can sign other players.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

8 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I would not sign Haaland because of his stupid agent. He would leave us in one or two seasons regardless. I would rather go for Sancho, but only if we still can sign other players.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

In that case we would make about 100m profit.