John Stones

Sidzeret

25 minutes ago, Leif said:

if Stones was an Ecuadorian chocolate we wouldn't pay more than 12m for him. we wouldn't be interested in him to begin with though.

Stones is so boring. he's so English. so vanilla. it's such a 'buy him because he's English' move. just promote the god Charlie Colkett and be done with it. 

Dude, was that really necessary...?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Leif said:

if Stones was an Ecuadorian chocolate we wouldn't pay more than 12m for him. we wouldn't be interested in him to begin with though.

Stones is so boring. he's so English. so vanilla. it's such a 'buy him because he's English' move. just promote the god Charlie Colkett and be done with it. 

Back around 2011/12 time there was some average English players who were getting overhyped beyond their abilities (Carroll, Jones, Henderson, could even argue Cahill aswell) and its quite funny because just as England are starting to get some geuine quality through the ranks people have gone too far the other way and call "overhype" on every English player.

Butland (Viper we had this debate a while back I though he was average but I was wrong, but he didn't look great at Birmingham), Stones, Shaw, Sterling, Dele Ali, Kane and Barkley are all massively talented players with huge potential yet I've heard the phrase overrated/overhyped about every single one of them on numerous occasions, it's almost as like people want to compensate for the band of players that were overhyped a few years back.

If we sign Stones would we haveoverpayed for him? Sure, but if he gives us ten plus years of world class service(which he is capable off), who the hell will care? I certainly won't.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Back around 2011/12 time there was some average English players who were getting overhyped beyond their abilities (Carroll, Jones, Henderson, could even argue Cahill aswell) and its quite funny because just as England are starting to get some geuine quality through the ranks people have gone too far the other way and call "overhype" on every English player.

Butland (Viper we had this debate a while back I though he was average but I was wrong, but he didn't look great at Birmingham), Stones, Shaw, Sterling, Dele Ali, Kane and Barkley are all massively talented players with huge potential yet I've heard the phrase overrated/overhyped about every single one of them on numerous occasions, it's almost as like people want to compensate for the band of players that were overhyped a few years back.

If we sign Stones would we haveoverpayed for him? Sure, but if he gives us ten plus years of world class service(which he is capable off), who the hell will care? I certainly won't.

Yeah I don't think any united fan would complain now about the money they spent on Ferdinand all those years ago, which was a ridiculous amount for a defender at that time. I agree that Stones could potentially give us years of service and an english back bone as well.

I'll be delighted if we sign him, even if it is for ridiculous money! It's clear he's capable of playing at a high level and as a signing in itself it'll be good for the team. Hope it's an early one, but we know it'll drag towards the end of Jan.

We need a new English center within the team, Coles, Lampard now gone and Terry ever closer towards his end.

As bad as it may seem, we need to invest in some players within England. The success of both kane and Alli ,there is surely a few chances to get some in football league.

Alex mowatt etc.

1 minute ago, ZanSnake said:

We need a new English center within the team, Coles, Lampard now gone and Terry ever closer towards his end.

As bad as it may seem, we need to invest in some players within England. The success of both kane and Alli ,there is surely a few chances to get some in football league.

Alex mowatt etc.

I said a few weeks back I would raid Everton for both Stones and Barkley.

16 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yeah I agree, who knows we can see if Lukaku wants to come back?

150 million on those 3......

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Reckon it's a bit soon for Barkley. We have a genuine need for Stones right now but I'd like to see another year of development at Everton - However this summer, especially with the Euros, could see demand high.

On 1/7/2016 at 7:07 AM, Tomo said:

Haha yeah I remember that now. I've rated him since like 2011-2012, I just saw something special in him with his attitude and his qualities. Hence why I was so gutted that we never managed to get him for 2 (goddamn two) million rather than Stoke but I guess his choice has been vindicated now because he's first choice at Stoke since we pilfered Begovic. Just call me mystic Viper xP.

As for the rest of your post - spot on. Always been one of the first to drill down on English players who are massively overhyped (Townsend, Bentley, Welbeck etc.) but Dele Alli has looked the real deal since his time at MK Dons (live near there and went to a fair few games and even Stevie Wonder could see there was something special there, even so i'm hugely surprised his potential has been made into ability so damn quickly, testament to Spurs and Pochettino I guess, begrudgingly), Eric Dier looks like the DM England have needed for like 10 years too, I would include him in there.

You can actually make an entire team of genuinely talented, young English players now:

Butland, Clyne, Smalling, Stones, Shaw, Dier, Alli, Sterling, Barkley, Oxlade, Kane.

With a good smattering of good but more experienced players like Henderson, Hart, Forster, Vardy, Milner, Gibbs, Sturridge, Walcott and Bertrand (only 2 players over 28 there aswell and they're Vardy and Milner) it looks like we could be set for a few years to actually make a decent team for once (we still won't win anything though).

We have to get Stones, he'd set us up for years, is English and is quite possibly the best CB with ball at his feet in the world ATM which is something we need for when teams are sitting deep against us. Marquinhos and Varane are better IMO but probably ungettable and Laporte for me is as good and although cheaper isn't HG which will be a big thing for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Everton really should sell us for 30m.

Originally I thought he is overrated, then seen couple of his good games and believed he is the real deal. Only to come back and think he is overrated again.

Making mistakes like there is no tomorrow. And this nonchalant style. When everything is going his way it's classy and very enjoyable but when things go wrong it's stupid but he doesn't know any other way right ?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You