John Stones

Sidzeret

You can't say he is not consistent, his mistakes cost a goal every matchday.

Honestly  I know he is a young player and will make mistakes but he does it in such regularity people are so bored by that they dont even bother to post about it here every time.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28-8-2016 at 8:40 AM, KevinAshburner said:

here is a good reason chelsea didn't sign this motherfucking son of a bitch and piece of shit.

Stones glad he did not end up at Chelsea

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2016/08/28/26940612/stones-glad-he-did-not-end-up-at-chelsea

Everton rejected the Blues' advances for Stones 12 months ago, and the new Citizens recruit believes holding out to work with his current boss was a masterstroke

Manchester City defender John Stones feels it was a blessing in disguise that he did not join Chelsea a year ago and instead plays for "best manager in the world" Pep Guardiola.

Chelsea, then managed by Jose Mourinho, made a strong push to sign the England international prior to the 2015-16 season, but did not produce a bid that tempted Everton to sell.

Instead, Stones remained at Goodison Park for that campaign before joining City this month for a reported fee that could eventually rise to £50million.

Stones, 22, has always been in a hurry to reach the top level and compete to win trophies, but feels his move to Chelsea not materialising should now be seen as a positive as it means he gets to work under Guardiola.

"I suppose what happened turned out to be a blessing in disguise," the centre-back told reporters.

"I stated last year what I wanted to do. It didn't happen and so I just got on with it, kept going, set out to win games and improve as a player.

"For me personally, I am now working with the best manager in the world. I'm over the moon to be at City and learning from a manager like Pep Guardiola.

Read this now, at this time after the Everton defeat, and try NOT to laugh.... :) 

21 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I think he is a really good player playing in a kind of a broken team where Pep can't organize them in defense, and he is paying the price. If Stones would be here under Conte I think he would be a terrific player!

Kinda what I think too.

We all know how working with the right manager makes all the difference to a player and with the Dons defensive mind I do think he could work wonders with him.

But I'd never think twice to paying £60mill for him. £40 maybe and £10 of that is for the HG tag.

Im looking forward to seeing just what the Don does when Christensen comes back.

Big decisions coming guys!

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Why blame him for your misjudgement?  Or are you saying that you are the fraud? :-) 

Well I wasn't the only one who believed it as he ended up in Manchester for that crazy fee. But yeah, maybe I am a bit fraud myself since I bought into the media hype and I kept lecturing how he's definitely worth it :D 

But the transfer fee doesn't matter anymore as the Chinese have ruined the transfer market once and for all. Poor old Fernando Torres is probably still suffering from the burden of his price tag and yet whenever a player moves for 50 million in 2017 nobody even blinks an eye. 50 million is peanuts in today's football as crazy as it sounds.

17 hours ago, Yeboii said:

I think he is a really good player playing in a kind of a broken team where Pep can't organize them in defense, and he is paying the price. If Stones would be here under Conte I think he would be a terrific player!

I agree but Conte will make many players look great. We have very similar player in Andreas Christensen so I'm glad to have 40+ millions in the pocket. 

Try not to laugh challenge. When you think that people suggested that signing John Stones would prevent us from disastrous 2015/16 season. :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You