John Stones

Sidzeret

6 hours ago, bethos1 said:

I'd rather wait and see how Christensen improves instead of spending 40mil on this guy.

or bid for Laporte/Marquinhos. Already better than Stones and cheaper, only negative is the hg quota.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are suggesting all sorts of foreign players instead of Stones, how would you comply with HG quota in the future? Who would you rather sign who is HG and isn't worse than Stones?

On 1/28/2016 at 11:47 AM, Costa19 said:

This kid is not better than Zouma. Why would we pay £40 for someone to sit on the bench? I cant see us remove Terry either.

You are right: he's not better than Zouma.

But it's like comparing apples and oranges. Zouma is a great chaser, but he's not very good with the ball at his feet. No, he's not a quack, but he's never going to technically dominate that area of the pitch - he will do that physically. Stones, however, is very technical and can do that via technique.

That first pass from defense is very important as it starts our play and determines how quick our play can be. That's one of the reasons for my dislike for certain type of CM/DMs, but I digress.

Finally, Stones would complement Zouma's game perfectly with the added plus that both are pacey, hence would finally be able to move our defense line up a bit.

while we sometimes see the short term situation, the club must always think long-term. Stones, if signed, will indeed replace Terry. Maybe not this season, but perhaps next. Heck considering we are contenders for cups only, perhaps he can start right away.

• 5 weeks later...

If JT leave, I would like to see Stones here. Yes, he made a few mistakes, but I thought he is still promising. Hopefully it will affect his price to be lower, if any positive could be taken from his prones, lol.

Also Everton position on the table is not that good either this season, might increase the chance to lure him here with a good price this summer.

• 1 month later...

Still think he'll go on to become a top player under the right tutilige. Still would've liked us to sign him and see what Mourinho could've done with him. Not helping him at all to be playing for that idiot Martinez.

If he gets a summer move to United or City and is coached by a world class manager and surrounded by great players he'll turn out well.

Still think he'll go on to become a top player under the right tutilige. Still would've liked us to sign him and see what Mourinho could've done with him. Not helping him at all to be playing for that idiot Martinez.

If he gets a summer move to United or City and is coached by a world class manager and surrounded by great players he'll turn out well.

No defender will thrive under Martinez. He has no clue about the art of defending

Why should we pay 40m for him when we have an amazing young talent in Christensen who has also had champions league experience? For me, Christensen is better than stones.

The only reason chelsea would go for someone like Stones instead of trusting Christensen is that 'John Stones' is a fancier name in world football. The same thing happened when oscar was preferred to KDB in 13/14 where it was clear that the latter was better.

They never learn.

Bonucci was a decent player before Conte arrived. Now he is definitely the best ball playing defender in Europe. Maybe not a rock like Barzagli who's an all round defender, but a modern one, comfortable with the ball at his feet that can thrive under pressure and build from the back with ease.

Stones is similar and needs a proper manager to take him to next level. Martinez is an absolute joke when it comes to the defensive part of the game. If Stones is available for 25m + bonuses I'd take him. If Everton still keep hold on to that 50m price then what can I say? Fuck them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You