John Stones

Sidzeret

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get stones I hope it signs the end off Cahill Chelsea career JT would be a great mentor for Stones I have a few mates who supported Everton they are not happy with stones performance this season and they want him sold 

£20m as an opening bid doesn't sound ridicoulus now, huh ?

I believe he can be one of the best but what he is playing now ? Though I have a fetish for ball-playing CBs and can forgive them almost everything.

Chelsea valuation was spot-on. But hell, I'd take him in a hearbeat in any moment.

I love Christensen and I think they're very similar with Stones in builds and how they move. Christensen doesn't show so far much of ball-carrying abilities in the senior football but he can do this as I saw it in youth team. Apart from 2 years of expierience, they are very similar.

Would love Christensen and Stones playing together but they're probably too young to do this in forseeble future and probably too weak physically at the moment to do this in the Premier League.

My stance is that if we have an opportunity to sign Stones we should do this, absoulutely.

We probably try with older players though, hopefully he will have any competence how to play with the ball and not to panic with possession.

I don't know why in the world are we looking anymore if player is young or not. We have great kids in our school and loans. They just need chance. Age should not be parameter anymore!

Bring Benatia, bring someone 25+. And give our young lads a chance. Zouma, Miazga, Christensen. We don't need more.

10 minutes ago, El P. said:

I don't know why in the world are we looking anymore if player is young or not. We have great kids in our school and loans. They just need chance. Age should not be parameter anymore!

Bring Benatia, bring someone 25+. And give our young lads a chance. Zouma, Miazga, Christensen. We don't need more.

AMEN brother.

I said before he was average and extremely overrated and I've not changed my mind this year.

He's shown that he has a whole lot to learn, he's not even at the standard for a top 6 team defensively in my eyes, sure he can play out from the back but for me the key to being a top CB is being able to defend first and foremost, all these ball playing CBs like Pique, Bonucci, Ramos, Laporte, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and whoever else are excellent/very good defenders, having a ball playing center half who struggles positionally is suicide regardless of how much possession your team will have because as you see with teams like Leicester, Atletico Madrid etc it can take one chance to score a goal. It's a vague saying sure because sometimes teams score incredible goals out of nothing but I'd rather have someone defensively sound, can position themselves well ahead of someone who can step into midfield to play. 

I know the chances of us signing Chris Smalling from Man United is impossible but he is the only English CB we should look to sign right now, we already have the other two English CBs who are at that sort of level in Terry and Cahill.

Even then we have an incredibly talented CB learning the ropes in Germany, who is good with the ball and will not cost a huge inflated price and is probably just as good if not better than John Stones.

21 hours ago, El P. said:

Agreed. This obsession with age needs to stop. Our academy is destroying cup competitions and some of our loanees are setting the world alight, we don't need to look to other clubs for talented youth just for the sake of it. Let's not go down the Arsenal route of living in the future, never in the present. The only benefit of getting Stones is that he is home-grown and English, we will desperately need them once Cahill and JT are deemed surplus to requirements. For the time being, I'd much rather we let Ivanovic go and replace him with an established defender between age ~25-30. Ivanovic's departure would open up space to sign a truly good non-HG player. Cahill or Terry can eventually be replaced by Christensen, another boy, so we don't need anymore in a position that requires maturity the most.

32 minutes ago, lucio said:

i'd rather spend serious money on barkley. Him and loftus-cheek in midfield would be perfect, for us and the national team

What would of been ideal is Martinez to keep his job, we raid them for Stones and Barkley and piss the horrible little cretin right off.

I think Stones should be the second option.

We should be throwing a load of money and doing all we can to get Bonucci. Conte should pull a Mourinho and call him personally and be in his ear all summer long at the Euro's. What a coup it would be to sign one of the best 5 CB's in the world without CL football.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think Stones should be the second option.

We should be throwing a load of money and doing all we can to get Bonucci. Conte should pull a Mourinho and call him personally and be in his ear all summer long at the Euro's. What a coup it would be to sign one of the best 5 CB's in the world without CL football.

Depends what the club's "long-term" plan is. If they want to blood in Christensen once he returns to us in 2017 then Bonucci is a good option. He'll be 29 and will give a good 3-4 years at top level while giving way to eventually, having Zouma and Christensen fight for the second CB position in the meantime. 

Stones presents a long term option. Don't care so much for the 'English' thing any more, cos I'm hoping those guys will come from our academy. But if we buy Stones for an excess of £25m then you really wonder what happens with Zouma, Christensen and even Clarke-Salter.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea are preparing another bid of around £40m to bring Everton defender John Stones, 21, to the club, but the Toffees want a transfer fee over £50m. (Daily Express)

Hope this isn't true. Get someone else to fill our HG quota and get a better CB for almost half of that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You