Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

1.Mata, Ramires, Luiz, Cahill, Mikel are in the perfect age for a footballer, which is 25-28 imo. Ivanovic, Cech are still pretty close to it. I do not think this is a problem, actually many clubs have this age structure e.g. Barca when they won the CL and Dortmund now.

2. We certainly do have a style. It is not that brillant but we play medium-paced posession style domestically and counter-attacking style in Europe, we just lack the pace to do it effectively. I think we often do decent pressing and I like the the short-pass, long-pass balance.

3. yup. but Benfica lack most of it, too.

Only Cech and Iva are in prime, but even for them I could say they were better last year. Mata will improve further, dont you think? Rambo and Mikel might be going in their prime ages, but they are so incomplete players. One lacks ball control and other mobility. Luiz can still improve. He is still inconsistent.

And age structure is fine, but form wise isnt. Busquets is world class DM, while Mikel is just above average. and both are around same age...

Only Cech and Iva are in prime, but even for them I could say they were better last year. Mata will improve further, dont you think? Rambo and Mikel might be going in their prime ages, but they are so incomplete players. One lacks ball control and other mobility. Luiz can still improve. He is still inconsistent.

And age structure is fine, but form wise isnt. Busquets is world class DM, while Mikel is just above average. and both are around same age...

The former part one can argue about. I am pretty sure Mata won't improve much. With 25 you are won't develop too much as a player anymore, you only can try to get the best out of what you already got in terms of quality. Technically there is not much room for improvement anyway and physically it only gets worse once you pass that 25 years mark. Mata already is a relatively pathetic athlete.

Secondly, Rambo Mikel should be in their prime, even when this means they are incomplete. Ramires relies so much on his physical attributes he surely will not get any better.

This is not a problem of form but a problem of quality, then.

That wasn´t a dream, it was a nightmare.

Now, I had a dream Chelsea whipped them. Now, that´s a reality.

then you should know is the other way round which even means no pen and we won :cfc:

Just have a feeling that we won't win a trophy this year. Even our youth team blew two cup finals this season!

Just have a feeling that we won't win a trophy this year. Even our youth team blew two cup finals this season!

We asked too much of God last year in the champion's league, we have to wait a year to be in his good grace again.

Well, I believe in the team. Of course, anything can happen. Having said that, I am contented with the top four places. Whatever happens in Amsterdam will be a bonus, in my view. Another trophy for the club, would be nice.

Basically, I am looking forward to the summer market, to see whom the team is buying.