Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Soo many finals lost this year...

I think the main reasons are

1.) Half of team are players way past their prime and half of them are still raw talents. We dont actualy have one player who is in absolute prime age. Mata is close, but i think in age 27-29 he will master his passing and have more stamina (but less pace).

2.) No style, no tactics. What kind of play do we have? Possesion? Counters? JustWinItForRafa?

3.) Mentality, determination, finishing, experience, team-play,...we lack that.

It will be hard game, Benfica will play their socks off and we wont be as motivated as them.

I think people underestimate the importance of this game to Chelsea players, I don't think motivation will be an issue. I would be more worried about the central midfield and losing Hazard for the game. It's obviously not official but I would be shocked if Hazard played.

What are people's thoughts on seeing Matic again? He would fit beautifully in the central midfield for Chelsea right now. I know he never really impacted Chelsea or got an opportunity, but he's been fantastic for us this season. No doubt Benfica fans miss David Luiz but getting Matic thrown into the deal on top of the cash was an absolute steal. He's probably worth 15-20M by himself.

Do people secretly hope players like him flop after they leave Chelsea or are they happy to see a former player succeed?

Do people secretly hope players like him flop after they leave Chelsea or are they happy to see a former player succeed?

What? Never. I always wish great success to our #FormerBlues, except when they play against us, obviously. So I hope Matic has a stinker in this one.

Matic to score wonder goal (but chelsea still win) and that would be perfect.

Btw, how on earth benfica makes such deals like 25mio+Matic for Luiz or 25mio+Rodri for Coentrao...

Leading up to this final I haven't really cared about our progress in this competition but now we are here in the final I'm actually starting to get nervous. Not only is it another trophy to add to our riches but I would love to see that Jesus fella's face if we beat them again after the way he completely dishonor's our club. We seem to have a knack at sticking the middle finger up to our critics which is probably why we are on the end of so much hate. So another trophy and a fuck you to the cheeky Jesus fella and I'll be one happy, drunk son of a bitch tomorrow night! Comon Chels.

:blue scalf:

What are people's thoughts on seeing Matic again? He would fit beautifully in the central midfield for Chelsea right now. I know he never really impacted Chelsea or got an opportunity, but he's been fantastic for us this season. No doubt Benfica fans miss David Luiz but getting Matic thrown into the deal on top of the cash was an absolute steal. He's probably worth 15-20M by himself.

He's a painful reminder of our crappy youth policy. But I've always like Matic as a player and wish him the best of luck..except for tomorrow of course!